Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Norcross , Georgia
CZONE Display Reset?

Well the 5" display on my '19 Classic 30 wouldn't stop randomly turning on and off so I decided to play with the settings to see if I could reset it.

Long story short, after trying some setup options including the software reset, the display is no longer randomly turning on and off.

The bad news is that now the display doesn't visually look like it originally did--all the controls are still there, but the colors, layout and swiping feature are different.

Any ideas on how to get it back to how it was without a visit to the dealer?

Also, any instructions on how to customize the modes would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul
PaulR-GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR-GA View Post
Well the 5" display on my '19 Classic 30 wouldn't stop randomly turning on and off so I decided to play with the settings to see if I could reset it.

Long story short, after trying some setup options including the software reset, the display is no longer randomly turning on and off.

The bad news is that now the display doesn't visually look like it originally did--all the controls are still there, but the colors, layout and swiping feature are different.

Thanks!

Paul
Paul, I can not find out how to do a reset, in anything that I have read at czone.

I have noticed that certain mode selections on my c zone actually turn off the back light to the controller as well. kind of what you may have been experiencing? For instance, if I choose cinema mode, tha back light goes off on the c zone as the controller is adjacent to the tv so that makes sense. Your controller may also somehow have gotten programmed to turn the back light off on some other random selections as well?

Unfortunately when I choose this mode, (cinema) my invertor also turns “on”. So for me I need to get into the mode selection page and turn off the invertor (power on) selection in that particular mode. Obviously an error originating from the initial programming setup.

I have been hesitant to do this for fear of the same thing you have experienced.

I am curious if it is possible to get an IT person from C zone or AS to reprogram the system remotely if you have a WiFi of cellular connection to the czone unit?

Good luck and keep,us posted
Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:53 AM   #3
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR-GA View Post

Thanks!

Paul
Hi Paul,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can assist. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

Thank you.*
Old 10-31-2018, 05:08 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Norcross , Georgia
CZONE Issue Update

AS Customer Service has been great to work with as they researched the issue with CZONE. I'll find out tomorrow if they can walk me through correcting it myself or whether a trip to the dealer will be required.

Overall I couldn't be more pleased with the quality and service on my '19 Classic 30 provided by both my dealer (Southland RV in Atlanta) and AS!
PaulR-GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:23 AM   #5
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
Paul, I can not find out how to do a reset, in anything that I have read at czone.

I have noticed that certain mode selections on my c zone actually turn off the back light to the controller as well. kind of what you may have been experiencing? For instance, if I choose cinema mode, tha back light goes off on the c zone as the controller is adjacent to the tv so that makes sense. Your controller may also somehow have gotten programmed to turn the back light off on some other random selections as well?

Unfortunately when I choose this mode, (cinema) my invertor also turns “on”. So for me I need to get into the mode selection page and turn off the invertor (power on) selection in that particular mode. Obviously an error originating from the initial programming setup.

I have been hesitant to do this for fear of the same thing you have experienced.

I am curious if it is possible to get an IT person from C zone or AS to reprogram the system remotely if you have a WiFi of cellular connection to the czone unit?

Good luck and keep,us posted
Hi Maineiac,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team and help you get this resolved.

Thank you.*
Old 10-31-2018, 02:41 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi Maineiac,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team and help you get this resolved.

Thank you.*
I will do that, thank you for responding
Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:11 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
Pensacola , Florida
Exclamation C Zone issues

Hi Airstrream.......what is the best email to send my CZone issues to you:

2020 19’ TB: the forward CZone panel (near sliding door) freezes up often (now). Aft CZone panel works fine.......need tech help !!

Shep Brown: bmwshep@bellsouth.net. TIA
Old 06-02-2020, 08:47 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerman View Post
Hi Airstrream.......what is the best email to send my CZone issues to you:

2020 19’ TB: the forward CZone panel (near sliding door) freezes up often (now). Aft CZone panel works fine.......need tech help !!

Shep Brown: bmwshep@bellsouth.net. TIA

customer_support@airstream.com

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #9
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Paul

To do a reset of the panel you can simply shut the system down, unplug the data cable from the monitor, wait a couple of minutes, power up the system and wait until the system is operational. Then plug in the data cable. The monitor will reload the system settings. No need to unplug the power cable side of the monitor.

Assumption here is that you haven’t accidentally caused any programming changes.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:59 AM   #10
old/new member

2020 Interstate 19
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes755 View Post
Paul

To do a reset of the panel you can simply shut the system down, unplug the data cable from the monitor, wait a couple of minutes, power up the system and wait until the system is operational. Then plug in the data cable. The monitor will reload the system settings. No need to unplug the power cable side of the monitor.

Assumption here is that you haven’t accidentally caused any programming changes.
This may apply to the Classic czone with a wifi connection only. the IS 19 does not have the wifi module. Are the system settings reloaded from the COI or over the wifi connection or ?????
preedtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:55 AM   #11
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Systems settings are reloaded over the NEMA wired connections. Each of the main devices, COI or control boxes, contains the config data. Think of it as a bit of plug an play. You can install a replacement box and only need to make sure that the address of the device is set and it will 'learn' the config from the other devices. It doesn't use WiFi for setup.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:04 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
Pensacola , Florida
Lightbulb Czone update

All.....had dealer check & swap czone panels....one is bad.....dealer ordered new one yesterday (7.20).....hoping turnaround time won’t be too long.....
Old 07-22-2020, 01:30 PM   #13
old/new member

2020 Interstate 19
Austin , Texas
High Czone display failure rate?

Quote:
All.....had dealer check & swap czone panels....one is bad.....dealer ordered new one yesterday (7.20).....hoping turnaround time won’t be too long.....
This failure rate on the new 19s concerns me. One of the 2 Czone Touch 5 displays on my 2020 has also failed, goes offline a few minutes after power up. At the suggestion of Airstream Customer Service I swapped the position of the 2 displays to verify the failed one failed in the other location as well. This only requires removing 4 wood screws and the cable connector. Because of the present virus situation (Texas tells me to stay at home) I asked AS to send me a replacement and i would install and return the failed one. AS stated I needed to go to an authorized dealer for the repair. I have tried to contact Czone directly for warranty but they have not returned my contacts. I am also concerned about down the road. The list price for a new display is listed at $1000+. And I thought Mercedes maintenance was overpriced.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:09 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
Pensacola , Florida
Exclamation CZone swap

Preed.......I’ma fair mechanic......BUT I wouldn’t touch the panel swap....with warranty issues.....my baby “B” is a 2020 (2019 MB chassis) also......dealer said panel was about $ 3K........
Old 07-22-2020, 07:41 PM   #15
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Alas ye blasphemous dealer. You can buy a Display 5 all day long for $900. Nice markup at $3k if you can get it from a gullible mark.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:34 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
Pensacola , Florida
Thumbs up CZone 5

Good scoop thanks....will go that route...post warranty!
Old 07-29-2020, 07:49 AM   #17
old/new member

2020 Interstate 19
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Please keep us informed on the status. How long did it take for the debug? Were you required to leave the B at the dealership? How long for the part to arrive and plan for the replacement to be installed? Quick appointment or "just leave it with us and we will get back to you"?
Old 07-30-2020, 05:51 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
Pensacola , Florida
Question Waiting....

Drove into dealer (Gulfport,MS) with an appt....just took minutes to swap & verify........AS has approved the warranty replacement.....just waiting for new panel to arrive.....should be no-brainer to install @ dlr....
Old 08-06-2020, 08:10 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
Pensacola , Florida
Talking New C zone panel

Just got back from dealer (Gulfport,MS).....they got new panel fm AS in 2 weeks....quicker than I expected. Installed & sync’d in less than hour....all is well