Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2022, 03:19 PM   #21
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post
Beautiful. Just spent 2 days washing and waxing mine. I generally wax it twice a year. Good way to find missing rivets
Looks great! And like you said it is a good way to discover things you didn't know about.

You need to update your profile to include your new AS!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 03:59 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
Vinnie did my 2022 25’ a couple of weeks ago. I could not be more pleased. Keeping the exterior of an Airstream looking good has always been a pain in the butt. I brought the trailer back to CO from Sacramento last weekend and went through heavy sleet/snow/rain around Laramie. I could not believe how “clean” the trailer looked the next day. Most of the typical road grime was just blown off the surface. A vey light wash and blow dry was all it needed. No wiping or buffing at all. Would do it again in a minute. Not sure about the long term maintenance but glad to continue with it.
2022 25RBT FC, 50A Dual AC, Awning Package, 270W Solar, Convection Microwave. Ceramic Coat, Grand Lounge, 3" Lift, 16" Michelin RIBs, Multiplus II, Battleborn 400A, MPPT 100/50, Orion-TR 30, EasyStart (2), Easy Touch, AirKrafters jenRack, Onan 2500i, Truma Aquago Confort, Starlink, Pepwave, Parsec
2012FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 04:34 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
Looks great! And like you said it is a good way to discover things you didn't know about.

You need to update your profile to include your new AS!
Thanks. Thought I’d already changed it
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:09 AM   #24
GB

2016 27' International
1997 34' Limited
Saint Cloud , Florida
I had mine done by Vinney in Tallahassee in January. I was just starting to get corrosion.
When I picked it up I thought to myself, it will NEVER be this clean again.

Very glad I did it as it stays a lot cleaner and is very easy to wash. I think it was worth the investment.

Good point on finding missing rivits. So far I have only had a couple popped on the interior.

The one thing that would have been nice to know beforehand was he told me not to touch it for at least 7 days. I picked it up the day they finished and was thinking about taking in on a short trip. Instead, I just went home which was only a 5 hour's drive. They have lots of room there so I could have postponed the pickup a week. But it all worked out.

"Everyone buys on emotion and justifies with logic.
That is why I own 2 Airstreams... I needed them."
gblackburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:22 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellSaid11 View Post
Any updates from anyone on recent applications, prices, effectiveness or longevity?

Thanks!

Yes. When he says wait 7 days for it to cure he means it. We are on our way back to Vinnie’s in Wilton to have ours repaired. We picked it up last summer and on the trip home had some goon in a 4wd get is overland vehicle high centered whilst trying to back in his trailer across the street from ours. Rather than think it through he just gunned the engine, spun his wheels hard and sprayed the entire curbside of our newly coated classic with gravel destroying the beautiful finish put on it by Vinnie and Brian. I was pretty mad.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:47 AM   #26
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Oh my gosh! Yep, I’d be pretty mad also. What did the guy do? Is he paying to have the ceramic coating redone? You have to be exceptionally ignorant to not know spinning your wheels is going to spray mud everywhere. This, and hail, falling branches, road debris, all give me pause on wanting to get this coating. (And spend the $$)

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:57 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblackburn View Post
I had mine done by Vinney in Tallahassee in January. I was just starting to get corrosion.
When I picked it up I thought to myself, it will NEVER be this clean again.

Very glad I did it as it stays a lot cleaner and is very easy to wash. I think it was worth the investment.

Good point on finding missing rivits. So far I have only had a couple popped on the interior.

The one thing that would have been nice to know beforehand was he told me not to touch it for at least 7 days. I picked it up the day they finished and was thinking about taking in on a short trip. Instead, I just went home which was only a 5 hour's drive. They have lots of room there so I could have postponed the pickup a week. But it all worked out.

Just to be clear, Vinnie isn’t doing them in Tallahassee, he’s in Cali. Also, Bryan heads the ceramic coating… he’s in Cali too. A well qualified young man from their group named Briston was doing the process when we had ours done on the way back to Texas from Tampa last November. According to Briston, it was multi coated and hand applied. A big part of the process is prep. You don’t want to apply it with imperfections in the clear coat. And the coating used is supposed to be a superior material you wouldn’t get off the Autozone shelf. I still thought it was pricey at ~30%more than I would have paid in Houston but Bryan was patient and helpful, and I trusted his explanations. Loloho folks seem back their work too, if that means anything to you when considering where to go.
Lastly, I can attest to how beautiful the trailer looked/looks and how easily it cleans up.
Gotta_Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 11:15 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
Oh my gosh! Yep, I’d be pretty mad also. What did the guy do? Is he paying to have the ceramic coating redone? You have to be exceptionally ignorant to not know spinning your wheels is going to spray mud everywhere. This, and hail, falling branches, road debris, all give me pause on wanting to get this coating. (And spend the $$)

Vinnie said that if it had happened a week later there probably wouldn’t have been any damage at all because it cures reall hard. It’s just very tender the first week or so. Given how easy road grime wipes off (especially bug splatters) I’d do it again in a heart beat.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:42 AM   #29

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Parkville , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblackburn View Post
Do you know where in Florida? I am in central FL but travel all over the state.
Tallahassee. We plan to take delivery of a new Classic 30RBT in Tampa mid-May and already have an appointment in Tallahassee to get the coating.
hoseadl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:05 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Some recommendations while you’re waiting in Tallahassee: visit Wakulla Springs/Ed Ball State Park and take a drive down to Carrabelle Beach. Both are off the beaten path for this non-Floridian and they were wonderful. Also, the actual town of Tallahassee is quite nice for a capital city.

Avoid the DoubleTree on Adams St at all cost. We stayed there and it’s rubbish.
Gotta_Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:07 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

Bryant , Arkansas
Airstream Ceramic Coating

Does anyone have experience using Ceramic Pro of St Louis (St Louis Auto Detail) for your AS? Looks like they do this on some VERY expensive vehicles, but I don’t see any ASs on their website or FB pages. They are a lot closer to Arkansas than the CA or FL folks. However, if we pay that much, I want a QUALITY job!

Thanks, Deb
PaulNDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 05:33 AM   #32
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulNDeb View Post
Does anyone have experience using Ceramic Pro of St Louis (St Louis Auto Detail) for your AS? Looks like they do this on some VERY expensive vehicles, but I don’t see any ASs on their website or FB pages. They are a lot closer to Arkansas than the CA or FL folks. However, if we pay that much, I want a QUALITY job!

Thanks, Deb
We had them do a dent removal on the front of our trailer. They did an amazing job. I walked through their facility twice when I took in our AS. The extremely expensive cars are there, getting the coating. They are the real deal as far as I can see. We’ve just never found it that difficult to wash our trailer, so I decided not to go with a ceramic coating. If you bring it up, please let me know. I’d like to know how they do. We live just a few miles from them, if I can help just let me know.
Jeff

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 08:24 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

Bryant , Arkansas
GettinAway, will do. I reached out to them but have not yet heard back.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:43 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2022 28' Pottery Barn
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , California
Quote:

Thanks, Deb

I know this sounds crazy, but driving to FL or CA for Vinnie/Master Guard/Bryan to do the ceramic coating is worth it.

We had it done and it is nothing short of incredible. Literally.

People will drive from all over the US and Canada to have CanAm look at their hitch setup but won’t do that for something that will protect your AS from the elements likely better than any other product?

Ok.
WellSaid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 05:20 AM   #35
Site Team

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellSaid11 View Post
I know this sounds crazy, but driving to FL or CA for Vinnie/Master Guard/Bryan to do the ceramic coating is worth it.

We had it done and it is nothing short of incredible. Literally.

People will drive from all over the US and Canada to have CanAm look at their hitch setup but won’t do that for something that will protect your AS from the elements likely better than any other product?

Ok.
I tend to agree! We have Bryan do ours in Tallahassee and we were extremely pleased!
Old 08-11-2022, 12:20 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member

Bryant , Arkansas
WellSaid 11 and Hans627, I wish it was an option to make a trip from AR to either CA or FL. However, I don’t see that in my hubby’s work schedule for a couple more years. I don’t think waiting that much longer would be helpful. From what I read earlier, they recommend doing it asap after purchase.
Old 08-11-2022, 02:41 PM   #37
Site Team

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
WellSaid 11 and Hans627, I wish it was an option to make a trip from AR to either CA or FL. However, I don’t see that in my hubby’s work schedule for a couple more years. I don’t think waiting that much longer would be helpful. From what I read earlier, they recommend doing it asap after purchase.
Of course the choice is yours and you know your situation better than anyone.

But I really don't think you have to be in a hurry to get it done, When I was in Tallahassee they had a 30 year old AS there as a work in progress. One half looked thirty years old and other other side looked like new.

My AS was three years old when I had it coated.

Just food for thought!
Old 08-11-2022, 02:46 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2022 28' Pottery Barn
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
Of course the choice is yours and you know your situation better than anyone.

But I really don't think you have to be in a hurry to get it done, When I was in Tallahassee they had a 30 year old AS there as a work in progress. One half looked thirty years old and other other side looked like new.

My AS was three years old when I had it coated.

Just food for thought!

True. The sooner the better, and we were about 4 months in when it was done.
WellSaid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 03:59 PM   #39
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
aldinga beach , south australia
our AS is not blemish free ....and reading through this thread has been insightfull

enjoy your AS journey regardless

stay safe [emoji869]
baggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 04:28 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
A nice benefit. In the past, I would almost always wash the trailer after each trip out of fear. I am on our 6th long trip and have not bothered to wash it yet. It still looks good and I don't have to worry so much about the surface contaminants from the road, birds, trees, etc.. A good rain actually knocks a lot of the dust and surface dirt off. Heading to Sun Resorts in Granby on Saturday for a week of mountain fun. Might wash it after that since I'll be heading to FL at the end of the month.
2022 25RBT FC, 50A Dual AC, Awning Package, 270W Solar, Convection Microwave. Ceramic Coat, Grand Lounge, 3" Lift, 16" Michelin RIBs, Multiplus II, Battleborn 400A, MPPT 100/50, Orion-TR 30, EasyStart (2), Easy Touch, AirKrafters jenRack, Onan 2500i, Truma Aquago Confort, Starlink, Pepwave, Parsec
2012FB is offline   Reply With Quote