Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2021, 10:55 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2008 28' Safari SE
Kemah , Texas
Shower Mixing Valve Problem

We recently bought a 2020 International 28RB and have found a somewhat annoying and potentially dangerous problem with the shower mixing valve. When we adjust the temperature to warm with the valve handle at about the 10 o’clock position it often drifts to the full hot position, 8 o’clock.
I have taken the handle off looking to see if there was a problem or some way to tighten the stem. Nothing obvious about the valve mechanism but I was very surprised that the handle weighed so much. I’m convinced the heavy valve handle “falls” to the full hot position. The valve stem resistance is not enough to stop it. Anyone else have this problem? I’m probably going to have a plumber look at it and replace the valve if it can’t be adjusted.
dwight69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:13 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Lacey , Washington
Shower Valve

Your local AS Dealer should be able to take care of this under warranty. Most likely they will change the valve cartridge. I think it's a Moen valve and takes 5 minutes to change start to finish.
WBACI #16885
Gary W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
2022 Atlas
Homosassa , Florida
Our 2019 FC did that. JC changed the valve as described above and the tech told me he wiped all Lube off the valve. No problem since (2 yrs). Good luck.
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:58 AM   #4
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight69 View Post
We recently bought a 2020 International 28RB and have found a somewhat annoying and potentially dangerous problem with the shower mixing valve. When we adjust the temperature to warm with the valve handle at about the 10 o’clock position it often drifts to the full hot position, 8 o’clock.
I have taken the handle off looking to see if there was a problem or some way to tighten the stem. Nothing obvious about the valve mechanism but I was very surprised that the handle weighed so much. I’m convinced the heavy valve handle “falls” to the full hot position. The valve stem resistance is not enough to stop it. Anyone else have this problem? I’m probably going to have a plumber look at it and replace the valve if it can’t be adjusted.
Hi dwight69,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*