Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Running Gear - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Brakes & Brake Controllers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-01-2019, 02:59 PM   #1
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
No voltage for brakes- Prodigy P3?

Hooked up today and I get the .C. "connected" readout on display, but when brakes are applied The display reads 0 volts. Even with the over-ride lever. Normally the voltage varies depending on how much pressure is applied to brakes.

Break-lights, turn signals/flashers all working on trailer when connected. Just nothing to the brakes.

Called Teconsha and the gentleman there said to adjust the wheel thing on the top left of controller all the way "forward toward front of vehicle". I'll try this when I move the TV closer. They also asked if I was the original owner and said I was but my P3 is 16 years old. Lifetime warranty baby! So I'll see if the adjustment works. He definitely said it had nothing to do with the trailer itself. More a brake controller issue.

Anyone else ever have this issue.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylev View Post

Anyone else ever have this issue.
Yes, When I let somebody borrow my truck, they turned the gain all the way to zero. They really had no business touching it, since they weren't towing a trailer.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:22 AM   #3
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Thanks overlander63.

Problem solved! I turns out the gain WAS set all the way off! Now I have to reset to sweet spot.

Very weird since I am the only driver and to be honest over the coarse of 16 years I've probably checked settings 3 times. If the 0 volts wasn't displayed on the front, I may never have known about this.

Maybe when I went in for either an old change or emission test, someone "accidentally" moved something. Our last trip out early May everything was ok.