Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2016, 06:54 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
sunnyvale , California
Need to replace the control panel - LP and H20 tank gauges shot

Hi All! Assume this is well covered, but finding information on this is proving challenging via forums search. My '73 sov is nearing completion from a systems/infrastructure perspective. The control panel seems to be caput however. I was thinking of migrating the switches and gauges anyway, but now I have more of an issue.

Where would I go to find modern gauges for my fresh, grey, back and LP. I've found some online and maybe I just buy one of those. How do I know what works for my older model? I'd love to hear that it's all plug and play, but between my AS and '62 Chris Craft, that answer has never been heard.

Any recommendations please fire away!

Mark
lesnlearned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
I don't know about plug and play, but if you have access to your tanks, the SeeLevel system gets good reports. They have systems that have everything you want except only one LP indicator so you will have to add a switch to determine which tank it reads. You will have to install their transducers on your tanks, but they stick on from the outside and you can use the existing wiring.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote