Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2005, 10:17 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
1976 31' Sovereign
Falls City , Texas
howdy from so. tx.

Ok, ok, I can't take all this pressure anymore. Just had to post intro [if only to get that doggone msg off the top of the screen.] Am proud to say that I was online [as guest] at time of most users back in Dec 2004. Love the forum and the "silver sickness." All of you on my screen are always so helpful and nice, with humor interjected at times.
A little about us... Hubby is ranch manager/guide on large south Tx ranch. I am San Antonio firefighter/paramedic. We have 4 sons and '69 Overlander. When we bought A/S in '94 we had no money, one boy, and one on the way. That trailer almost caused us a d--- divorce! We couldn't make the rent, but had to have that trailer, according to husband. Now I know that it was the best purchase we ever made, and has paid us back in countless memories along the way!
As our boys are getting older now [12, 10, and twins 8], we are looking to add more sleep area into 27'. We also must replace rear bath floor due to very damaging leak which went undetected for some time. [Have found much inspiration in pizzachop's projects!] Well, Happy and Holy Christmas and New Year to all. Will continue to count blessings on this end!
campw/4sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:36 AM   #2
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Welcome Aboard! Always nice to meet new folks. I am a former firefighter/medic myself but I hung up my turn out gear several years ago and went back to school. In a couple months I finish up a PhD (neuroscience/headtrauma) and hope to hit the road for a bit before starting back to work. Maybe I will be passing near by you while Im out there, wave if you see an old ford pulling a 1968 Trade Wind.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:31 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
1976 31' Sovereign
Falls City , Texas
Thanks for hospitality on the forum, and for excellent photos on website. Give a shout before passing through. We could recommend dozens of historical sites from S.A. all the way to the coast: the missions, Independence Trail [check out the Alamo, Fannin and Goliad], along w/ gorgeous, historic cathedrals along the way. If you're not interested in any of those, there is never a shortage of funny, sweet rednecks [yes, we're a proud lot] to photograph in our neck of the woods.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:24 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Welcome. We love your part of Texas. Hope to relocate to the Hill Country soon...joe
joewinfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:51 AM   #5
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Come to the Vintage Rally in Austin

Feb 2-5. At McKinney Falls State Park, just a nice drive up I-35. Open to all, regardless of WBCCI membership. This is a weekend rally with a vintage open-house, seminars, door prizes, a BBQ dinner, and a video presentation on vintage trailers Saturday evening.

See my post at http://www.airforums.com/forum...-tx-18341.html
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:19 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Good Ole' San Antonio

Welcome campw/4sons,
I'm originally from Corpus Christi and use to visit San Antonio every weekend for a year straight during my early teens. I've spent numerous summers in Hunt, TX. and the Kerrville area. I also hunt around Beeville on one of 2 ranches each Thanksgiving when I visit my mother and sister in CC. Enjoy the forum because it is a wealth of information as you have already seen.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:38 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
1976 31' Sovereign
Falls City , Texas
Wink Is it contagious?

Had a belly laugh day before yesterday!

Background: Knowing we could not finish A/S repairs before stock show season and summer, hubby and I picked up a 1981 Winnebago Chieftain MH just before Christmas. [If you ask boys, this is super cool b/c I can make sandwiches while Daddy drives!]

Was furiously packing MH to take to local county show, w/ twins [8 yrs] helping. We all went in to A/S to get necessities: rugs, towels, etc., when one boy stopped dead in his tracks. I thought something terrible had happened b/c of near-tears and terrible look on his face. When I asked him what was wrong, he quickly composed himself [before sibling agitation commenced] and stated, "Nothing, I just miss the Airstream." I quickly assured him that Daddy and I would start working on it soon. This appeased him for the moment, but evidently, was not enough. He asked me 6 more times that day when he could start helping us work on it!

Now, is this "silver sickness" contagious or congenital? I fear possibly both.

Also, have searched the forum for help w/ reliable service/repair establishments for vintage units here in So. Tx. After nearly 2 hrs of reading, am just a little discouraged and a lot scared [barkingspider's story]. Suggestions from any of you locals would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #8
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by campw/4sons
Ok, ok, I can't take all this pressure anymore. Just had to post intro [if only to get that doggone msg off the top of the screen.] Am proud to say that I was online [as guest] at time of most users back in Dec 2004. Love the forum and the "silver sickness." All of you on my screen are always so helpful and nice, with humor interjected at times.
A little about us... Hubby is ranch manager/guide on large south Tx ranch. I am San Antonio firefighter/paramedic. We have 4 sons and '69 Overlander. When we bought A/S in '94 we had no money, one boy, and one on the way. That trailer almost caused us a d--- divorce! We couldn't make the rent, but had to have that trailer, according to husband. Now I know that it was the best purchase we ever made, and has paid us back in countless memories along the way!
As our boys are getting older now [12, 10, and twins 8], we are looking to add more sleep area into 27'. We also must replace rear bath floor due to very damaging leak which went undetected for some time. [Have found much inspiration in pizzachop's projects!] Well, Happy and Holy Christmas and New Year to all. Will continue to count blessings on this end!
Welcome to the club!

Yup, Texas and Texas people are sure swell!

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote