Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2005, 11:27 AM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Winter Vintage Rally in Austin, TX

The Texas Highland Lakes Unit will be hosting a Vintage Rally at McKinney Falls State Park Thursday, February 2 through Sunday, February 5, 2006. WBCCI members and non-members are all welcome.

All Airstream years are welcome, however, vintage Airstreams are especially invited to this event. There will be a trailer open-house, a pot-luck dinner, a BBQ dinner, seminars by our local dealer, door prizes, and more. The Austin Banjo Club will provide entertainment from noon-1PM.

You must make your own park site reservations by internet or by calling (512)389-8900. You are more than welcome at the BBQ dinner and other rally events upon payment of a small rally fee. All attendees are responsible for their park entry fees.

As a co-host of this rally, I intend to keep it quite informal, much like the Forum rallies that we have had in this area. Think of it as a Forum rally sponsored by our WBCCI unit.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:17 AM   #2
Contributing Member

Rally happenings

At the rally, we will be showing the Power Point presentation given at the 2005 International by the Vintage intra-club. This covers Airstream history from the mid-1930s up until the late 1960s with photos and information I had never seen before.

We will show these presentations after the BBQ dinner Saturday evening.
WBCCI #9632
Old 12-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Feb Ventiage Rally

Reservation made for Rally, so count me in.

Don
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #4
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
McKinney Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
The Texas Highland Lakes Unit will be hosting a Vintage Rally at McKinney Falls State Park Thursday, February 2 through Sunday, February 5, 2006. WBCCI members and non-members are all welcome.

THLU has reserved a number of sites for the rally duration and prepaid one night's parking for these sites. If you are a WBCCI member, you should contact our (upcoming) President ( Fred Hazen ) to reserve one of our sites. The prepaid first night's parking will be included in the rally fee that you will settle with our treasurer. We will attempt to get the reserved sites located as close together as possible.

Forum rally sponsored by our WBCCI unit.

Pasaska,

We may be attending this Rally however I cannot link to Fred Hazens on this message, let me know how to make reservation (WBCCI 17601)

Thank you,
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #5
Contributing Member

Glad to have you

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbaker
Pasaska,
We may be attending this Rally however I cannot link to Fred Hazens on this message, let me know how to make reservation (WBCCI 17601)
Thank you,
Ther more, the merrier!

The initial bunch of reserved sites has already been spoken for, so make your own site reservations by calling TPWD at (512)389-8900. When you get a reservation number, PM it to me and I'll get you a site close to the rest of us. We should have over 40 units attending.

We have a host meeting tomorrow and I'll tell Fred that you are comingto put you on the list.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' Flying Cloud
somewhere , on the road
Hey guys -

We were planning to be in Austin, and just saw your post - so we just made reservations through reserve america for a "nonspecific site" and are excited to be crashing your rally (love that it's vintage)!

We'll be there the week prior and after the rally.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Leigh & Brian

Find & Share Great Campsites: Campendium
flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:14 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
Of the vintage owners that are going, what type of trailers will we be seeing? We will be on our first rally and in our 1976 Caravanner. We are so excited to join the Airstream Family. What is the absolute "must have' for our first rally? We hope to learn so much from all of you! I was just told that there might be 80 members from all over the country? Is that right? Dianne and Jim - Austin Texas
Longhorn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Vernon , British Columbia
February Rally

Pahaska

Are Canadians allowed? Jan and I are in San Antonio right now but are headed South next week to Brownsville/Donna. If we make it back we would like to attend your rally. We won't make campground reservations, we will show up and take what we get.

Ron/Jan WBCCI # 1594
ronpovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:24 PM   #9
Contributing Member

Come one, come all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpovey
Pahaska

Are Canadians allowed? Jan and I are in San Antonio right now but are headed South next week to Brownsville/Donna. If we make it back we would like to attend your rally. We won't make campground reservations, we will show up and take what we get.
Ron/Jan WBCCI # 1594
We would love to have you. The more, the merrier.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-17-2006, 10:27 PM   #10
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn57
Of the vintage owners that are going, what type of trailers will we be seeing? We will be on our first rally and in our 1976 Caravanner. Dianne and Jim - Austin Texas
There should be well over 10 vintage (over 25 years old) units there. I think the attendance count is about 45 now, but it is sure hard to keep count. If you will fit in the park, we will be glad to have you. If the park gets full, then just drive in on Saturday for BBQ and open house.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-22-2006, 08:37 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Slidell , Louisiana
We hope to be there with our 78 Excella. I am hoping to finalize plans this week and attempt to make a reservation at the State Park.

Mark and Lelian Cuevas
MarkExc500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:36 AM   #12
Contributing Member

Ther more the merrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkExc500
We hope to be there with our 78 Excella. I am hoping to finalize plans this week and attempt to make a reservation at the State Park.

Mark and Lelian Cuevas
Since we are already filling more than half the sites in the park with Airstreams, I suggest that you make reservations as soon as possible at (512)389-8900 or over the internet with Reserve America.

Please email Fred Hazen at jfhazen@earthlink.net when you know you are coming for sure so that we can adjust our order amount for the Saturday BBQ dinner.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' Flying Cloud
somewhere , on the road
We're here already...we pulled in to the campground yesterday and will be staying for 2 weeks.

We have a 1963 Flying Cloud - we're in the first loop (spots 1-40) by the showers.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

~Leigh & Brian

Old 01-26-2006, 11:42 PM   #14
Grandma - still learning

2000 27' Safari
Austin , Texas
Just heard from a young lady tonight who said she has taken the last campsite left in the Park (according to TX Pks Reservation Central) for that weekend. The best we can figure right now is that there will be 44 A/S rigs there, 17 of them vintages. For those in the Austin area, drive-in visitors on Saturday, Feb 4 are still welcome for the hot dog lunch, Banjo Club entertainment and Vintage Open House starting at noon.
bajamist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:30 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1970 23' Safari
austin , Texas
argh!, it's true. and we just bought a tow vehicle wed eve. I was waiting to get that settled till I made reservations. oh well, guess we'll be day tripping it.

paul
fuegos100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:47 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Do not abandon all hope before ye enter the park!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegos100
argh!,.... I was waiting to get that settled till I made reservations. oh well, guess we'll be day tripping it.
Don't give up just yet!!

Call the Texas reservations direct and you just may get another answer, or, wait until two days before you want to check in, call the park, and they (the park) might be able to check you in - as a last resort, drive to the park on Friday or Saturday, and there may well be a cancellation - he who perseveres will (usually) find a camping site.

The Texas State Park (especially the national outsourcing) reservation system is far from perfect.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:46 AM   #17
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Would it be possible for Forum members attending the McKinney State Falls Vintage rally this year to get together during the rally or perhaps at least have a sign in sheet or other mechanim so that we can put down our forum user name and site number? This would allow us to track each other down for introductions.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:58 AM   #18
Contributing Member

Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens
Would it be possible for Forum members attending the McKinney State Falls Vintage rally this year to get together during the rally or perhaps at least have a sign in sheet or other mechanim so that we can put down our forum user name and site number? This would allow us to track each other down for introductions.
GStephens
We will have a registration tent in front of the dining hall. We can put a sign-in sheet on the table for forum members. We will have plenty of unscheduled time Friday if we want to put together a face-to face.
WBCCI #9632
Old 02-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #19
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Winter Rally

Hats off too Highland Lakes Unit for a great rally.

Thanks John for putting it out on the forum.

Don
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' Flying Cloud
somewhere , on the road
hey - we posted some pictures on our blog....will put more up later today. Thanks for a great rally, and we enjoyed meeting everyone!