Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
surprise visit

We want to thank DanB and Dawn for stopping by for campfire time at the backyard! That was a delightful surprise. Al (ctdair) we tried to call you to wish you happy happy, but you were out of the loop, I guess. Hope you had a good birthday. We had yummy strawberries and ice cream to celebrate your birthday, without you...LOL! Thanks to Jean and Al for the strawberries and ice cream. Wish you hadn't missed it.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #62
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Talking

Ok, because I am too tired and lazy tonight to retype it and Loudruff is on me to get it posted asap so as many of you can join us as possible... please check out the following link (I may be lazy tonight, but at least I posted the direct link instead of making you hunt it down )

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...tml#post698147

I hope those of you close to Mohican can join us!
Airbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:31 AM   #63
4 Rivet Member

We went to Columbus for Birthday supper with the kids. Ate way to much and had strawberry cake for desert. Hope to see You all today and will have to read the post Loren linked to see if we can make that.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
driveway camping still going

Tonight was the potluck. Shinim and Al (ctdair) stopped by with great teriyaki chicken and ginger tea. That should cure Larry's sore throat! We had a nice dinner and then went outside for the campfire..strawberries and ice cream for dessert...thanks to Jean and Al. Jean is in the Cleveland Marathon tomorrow and we wish her the best of luck. Hopefully, the clear weather will continue for the morning. Jean and Al won't be heading out until Mon. so we have another great day to spend with them.
Where are ther rest of you this weekend??
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #65
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Shopping and Fun with Shinim

So we had a bit of fun shopping with Shinim. I don't think any of the guys will let us go shopping again. But we had a blast and laughed ALOT! We had a great time indeed.

Oh, when looking at the following picture, keep in mind the front seat is built for 2... I still had to get in to drive!

Airbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:56 AM   #66
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Is that building in the background in Oberlin? Crap, even when I'm screwing around at work reading the forums, I run across my projects I should be working on........
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Whow
Great picture Lou and Shinim. I suppose that's AirBiscuit in the back,just guessing. All smiles, must be ya had a good time maxin out the credit cards,LOL. We need a vacation bad . Anyone plannin anything?
I hope I don't get another round for a few days ,but with this nice weather I assume the machines will be cutting away and breakin down, so I know they will be comming. There just seems to be no end to it this yr. Because of no jobs,everyone and his brother is cutting grass to make money. I seem to be repairing more old lawnmowers than normal, cause people cant afford to buy new. Thanks for the Pic Airbuscit
Later
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
backyard camping

Hi! We are backyard camping this weekend. We decided to not fight the crowds and stay right here. We have all the amenities and plenty of room. So if anyone wants to join us you are welcome. Looks like we might have nice weather...at least warmer. Loren has already put her pop up in the backyard and our trailer is in one driveway all ready for camping!!!!
DanB, yes that is Oberlin. We went slummin' there and found lots of stuff we could bring home as the students check out and can't move home with all their "stuff". Gabby made out like a bandit on current wearables. Seems someone knew just where to look. We had a blast and came home with a van packed full.
Roger, no that is Jean, (Our favorite Marathon walker, and wife of Big Al) in the backseat. Shinim and I in the front seat. Loren, aka Airbiscuit, is taking the picture. We are glad you are working, but it is time to take a few days off. Come on up and join us if you have the time.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #69
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Cincinnati , Ohio
Great thread. I will also bookmark this so I can see where people will be. I am about 2 months away from finishing my 78 and would love to camp with other Airstreams. I was sure that nobody in Ohio had one. We camp in mostly Ohio, IN, and KY and last year I saw (1) in a state campground. Where are all of you camping? See you in 2 mths.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock53 View Post
Great thread. I will also bookmark this so I can see where people will be. I am about 2 months away from finishing my 78 and would love to camp with other Airstreams. I was sure that nobody in Ohio had one. We camp in mostly Ohio, IN, and KY and last year I saw (1) in a state campground. Where are all of you camping? See you in 2 mths.
There are a whole bunch of us in the state of Ohio who have found this site and each other. We have a bunch of get togethers around the state during the year. We met up with a bunch and made it to Natural Bridge, KY in mid April for the Dogwood and Bluegrass Rally. There are quite a few folks that we have met that are down your way. You can do a members search by state to find out who and where if you have the time.
For a little history you may want to check out these threads too: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...tml#post685298

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...-41872-15.html

And a contingent of us are going to join the MI group at Milan, MI at KC Campground on July 31-Aug. 2. That is a fun group to visit. Here is the link to that discussion that goes on and on and on. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...-47314-29.html

And, we have a driveway rally going on here most anytime that someone is passing through and wants to use our courtesy parking, or when someone would like to do a first time shakedown "camp-in". You are welcome to join us anytime!!! Welcome to the group!!
Lou and Larry...30 mi. SW of Cleveland...or so.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #71
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Driveway camping this weekend

We are all set for Memorial Day weekend here in the backyard. Much less of a crowd and all the amenities. Looks like Airbiscuit will be in her popup and my kid brother is coming with his teardrop. What are the rest of you Ohio folks doing this weekend???
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-22-2009, 06:10 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Hi Lou and Larry
I have not had time to read this thread lately. This does come as a surprise. If you mentioned doing a driveway camp this weekend,I guess I missed it. I have taken time to take the anti-freeze out of the trailer and purge all systems.I did tell MaryLou to start stockin so we could be ready to pull out in a few hrs notice but that is not finished yet.
With a little more warning I think we could have come up about Thursday nite and left on TUES. and missed most of the crowds on the highways.Its a little late for us to get started now. Maybe something else will come up.
Ok back to work .
Later Lou
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #73
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
surprise?

Roger,
You should never be surprised by us having a driveway camp in! We are a good destination for a shake down camp. And we do not do crowds very well on these long weekends. We would rather have fun in our own yard.....and it is less costly....and has lots of amenities! LOL! You are welcome to come on up. We have nothing formal planned. We are having a picnic tonight whenever everyone gets here from work. So why not pack up today and toodle on up?? We will be here. Nothing planned for Mon. except we have to walk 2 blocks to the town Memorial Day Parade. Larry and I take a big cooler of water and give it to the band kids who play at the Veteran's services and march the parade, as we are band boosters. That is always fun!
Anyone else doing anything interesting???
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We would have loved to have joined but we've got to dedicate some time to our real family, not just our Airstream family.

We're down in Millersburg this weekend at Lake Buckhorn. The pontoon boat will go in the water sometime. I've got some motorcycle riding to do (prep. for the relay for life poker run...tough work!) and some mowing to do at home. The field has grown very tall and it's time for a trim plus Andrea needs some extra mulch for the garden. Sorry Larry & Lou, we won't be there this weekend. We're Jones'n for some more camping after our trip to GA last weekend. But, tight $ and gas price is keeping the AS in the driveway. Plus, we've got a small plumbing leak in the bathroom to troubleshoot.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #75
TAC OH-17

1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Talking

HI ALL JUST GOT BACK FROM HOCKING HILLS STATE PARK!! AWESOME TIME WAS ENJOYED BY ALL!!! we will be at JOHN BRYAN STATE PARK June 19th-21st anyone want to join us feel free have a great week!! Julie & John
runningbarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #76
4 Rivet Member

Fri Night May 29th and Sat night May 30th just made reservations for Delaware State park area 4 site 22 Loudruff is coming too I think ,anyone else available.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:02 PM   #77
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Delaware SP

Yep, we are going to be at Delaware SP, Area #4, site #23, right next door to Al and Shinim. Hope some of the rest of you will be able to join us. We all decided to go at the last minute. Hopefully, we will have some sunshine there!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
We are camping at Cedar Point this weekend! Hoping for good weather
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #79
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Lake Erie

The weather on the lake is always a chancy thing, I guess. It looks like a partly cloudy weekend. We will also be hoping for a good sunny weekend. But, Hey, this is Ohio!!! LOL! Have a fun time anyways, Dan and family!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
this is a bummer. We've been jones'n for a camping weekend again and Delaware SP looks nice. We'd love to join by it's Relay for Life "season" in our area and I'm occupied with activities related to that for the next two weekends.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ohio, rally