Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEITZ645 View Post
Neighbors To The West,
I don't want to butt in here, but I wanted to do some publicity for our upcoming Fall Colors Forum Rally on October 1-4, 2009 at Penn Wood Airstream Park. I know Atabols and Loudruff are already signed up (thank you by the way), and I just wanted to get the invite out there to as many eyes as possible. If it isn't too far or doesn't conflict with another trip we'd love to see you at Penn Wood. You don't need to wait until October though, if you're in the north western portion of the Keystone State stop on in and sit a spell.

PS - I saw in the thread that Airbiscuit has a pop up...I just want to let them know that they are welcome at Penn Wood too and WBCCI membership is not necessary, just a free spirit, a willingess to relax, and have a good time are all we ask.
Butt in all you want, neighbor! We love company! Maybe you will get a chance to come to OH one of these niice weekends! As you have probably read, we are doing PaddleQuest next weekend at a campground in the Mohican area. Should be fun!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #102
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Butt in all you want, neighbor! We love company! Maybe you will get a chance to come to OH one of these niice weekends! As you have probably read, we are doing PaddleQuest next weekend at a campground in the Mohican area. Should be fun!
Loudruff,
Why thanks for the invite. Next weekend won't work, but I have been monitoring this thread closely for an opportunity for us to hitch up, head west, and join you all. I have been thinking about starting a thread like this one for Pennsylvania residents, but just haven't gotten 'round tuit. Paddle Quest sounds like fun though and I look forward to the weekend recap. We are heading out as soon as my Mrs. gets home. I just hope this plethora of rain we have been having stops sometime soon. The grass is growing too darn quick and I can't keep it cut between rainy spells. It is supposed to clear up for Saturday and Sunday, but the extended forecast for Monday through Thursday is calling for RAIN, RAIN, and MORE RAIN.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #103
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Lou
I did reserve site 102 at Pleasant Hill. All payed up. We will arrive Friday Afternoon(good LORD Willing) about 5pm. I am going to do my best to be there on time. Sue(the lady I talked too) said we could come in anytime after 4 pm. Any ideas on what we should bring. I'm thinkin TATER Salad and Deviled Eggs ,hotdogs and a couple of cans of beans, that would get us started. I will see If I can get MaryLou to do a little magic.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
food and stuff

We will likely be there on Fri. a.m. so I am bringing sandwiches for lunch and maybe if we feel like grillin' I will put chicken on the grill sometime during the weekend. I am thinkin' keep it simple. We will be dead tired on Sat. night, so maybe easy stuff. Maybe I will make a big tub of macaroni salad to share. Don't know about the campfire situation. We are not supposed to bring in firewood from our area, so we might have to look up someplace to buy it down there. Won't be cheap!
We will have a load of stuff to bring including Loren and her two dogs. Plus all of the stuff for the PaddleQuest. We are probably going to have another car for doing the running around too. It may haul the PaddleQuest supplies and equipment. We have started packing already! LOL
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 06-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #105
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I can do the firewood again like at Mohican a few weeks ago. I'm in the same county so I can't get yelled at for bringing it in.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:56 PM   #106
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
a correction to my previous post in case the more anal-retentive people (like my wife, who pointed this out to me) notice...

I will still be bringing wood despite the fact that I must drive into Richland County in the process of traveling to my campsite. It appears as though our group of campsites is actually back over on Ashland county. Either way, Richland and Ashland county are both non-quarantine counties; so I'm clean to bring wood.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #107
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Jason, we have commandered 111 and Roger 102, that leaves 112 available out of the ones we specifically checked out. In that same quadrant are 118, 117, 116 but those three are across the "street" from the ones we reserved. When I spoke to Sue she claimed they would still have sites available to drive in to, but when we scoped it, the sites may be slim pickin's. Especially with all the hoopla that will be goign on that weekend. So jump on it and join our neighborhood!
Airbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Thanks!

Jason,
We will appreciate your coming with firewood! With Loren along, we will have two panini makers and a double pie maker to play with, as well as a waffle maker. They make for some fun evenings 'round the ol' campfire. Hope to see you there.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 06-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #109
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbiscuit View Post
Jthat leaves 112 available out of the ones we specifically checked out. In that same quadrant are 118, 117, 116 but those three are across the "street" from the ones we reserved.
We are planning to make a reservation as well as soon as Andrea finds herself able to pick up a phone and call

Perhaps for us the sites across the steet would be good. Mason will wake a once or twice in the wee hours of the morning for a pre-breakfast snack and I know our trailers aren't exactly soundproof. You also don't need to hear Parker whining about not wanting to go to bed. Ahh, travelling with young children is soooo fun
Old 06-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #110
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
Ahh, travelling with young children is soooo fun
I am sure it is just as fun as traveling with young pups.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 AM   #111
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I got the reservations made this morning. We'll be on site 117.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:33 AM   #112
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
I have start the fridge and about have the truck loaded with all the stuff I don't need. Panty door and Galley Fasuet finished. Checked out air yesterday. We put out the new outdoor carpet that we purchased at an Rv show over winter, it looks nice. Things are commin together. I think MaryLou is gonna begin to make stuff today. She already had stuff(clothes) in the trailer. Looks like all systems are go so far.
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 06-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #113
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
packing and packing

We have so much stuff to pack that we may have to take two vehicles! Between paddleQuest materials, food, and the paperwork for all of that, we have the two doggies, Loren, Larry and I, Kayaks and etc. to pack too. We started last week, but it doesn't seem like we are getting anywhere! LOL!
I will start on the refrigerator stuff next! Roger, Tell Mary Lou that I am making a big batch of macaroni salad and some cucumber salad if I get a chance.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 06-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #114
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Ok Lou
Tater Salad and Deviled eggs all finished. I'm not really sure what all we are bringin, but as always I think there will be enough food. Washed truck and trailer today. Ya know its amazing what I can get done when I close that door. I think I'll keep it closed for a while till I regain my sanity. (if thats possible) Tomorrow we will fuel , get any last minute grocerys and get the hitch down from the barn and check the rest of the systems.
LOOKIN GOOD!
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 06-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #115
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
ready

Macaroni, shredded chicken, ice cream is all packed...all the important stuff! LOL I think we are all packed up, except for the kayak. We have several stops to make on the way to pick up ice and etc. for the Paddle Quest. We will be ready to rock n roll in the morning! See you there!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 06-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #116
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I feel like I need to give a play by play, too.

I cut the firewood into smaller chunks tonight (since I have an outdoor boiler, my wood is cut to 2-3' in length). Due to the rain over the past couple days, the wood is in a wheelbarrow in the garage to dry a bit.

This week's project has been to somewhat redo the bathroom in the 'stream. After our last camping trip I discovered a small leak at the toilet supply line. I pulled the toilet out to investigate and decided that new flooring and removal of the "stick-on-tile-up-the-walls" courtesy of the PO had to go. This requied new 1/4" plywood walls under the sink, tub, etc. It is pretty much done, looks much better. But, I discovered that the toilet leak wasn't at the flare fitting...it's in the toilet valve itself. So, a new toilet is now on the list of things to buy ASAP for the AS. As for this weekend, we'll be camping with a towel under the water inlet valve on the toilet and turning the water pump off unless needed.

I cleaned things up and stowed things in the AS tonight (converted from driveway mode to travelling mode). Andrea's already packing things up. We're slowing getting dedicated things in the AS like swinsuits for all, towels, etc. The fridge is running and now pretty well stocked. In the spirit of pie-dies, we're bringing plenty of bread, lunchmeat, cheese, etc. Andrea has begun preparing a wonderful Ramen-coleslaw that we stole the recipie from another airstream/airforumer at Springstreeam in GA. I'll have my little charcoal grill with me and likely fired up at dinnertime if anyone needs it (besides us).

Our family should be pulling in around 6pm I'd say. I'll work my normal Friday hours since our drive is only about 15 minutes. I haven't hitched up yet or anything. We'll be eating something for dinner as soon as we get there and get at least partially settled in.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #117
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
sounds good

Wow! You sure are making progress! We are glad you found the real leak! Remind us to tell you the story about why we try NOT to ever leave the water pump in the ON position for long periods and especially not going down the road.
Coleslaw sounds good! We will do paninis if there is a campfire on Fri. night.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 AM   #118
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
IF you read this before hitting the road. We are just about ready. I have a little cleanup to do in the trailer. Installed a new MicroWave yesterday(Job) which required some disassembly and reassembly of the cabinet. Just the normal securing of awnings and windows and putting food onboard.
Hope to see ya around 4 oclock.
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 06-12-2009, 07:17 AM   #119
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Ok

We will see you there. We are nearly out the door. Have last minute stuff to do and then off. Be safe all of you.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 06-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #120
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
So I guess I get to be the first to report here how it went.

We had a blast as usual. Thanks for showing up and giving me a hand with Paddle Quest. The food and hunks of meat were delicious and enjoyed by all. Hope we can do it again soon... but not too soon, I have blisters because I paddled faster upon hearing the banjo music... crazy rednecks!

We did see about 4 other airstreams cruising down rt. 30 here in Ohio.

Tags
ohio, rally