Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Fort Wilderness Rally

Updated information: We are no longer accepting RSVPs. We have released all unreserved sites back to Disney's General Pool

I have removed all old data from this post. From now on it will have rally schedule and a few other bits of information. If something big is decided it will be added to this post.

As requested, A link to the location of Disney First Aid Stations

Rally Schedule -
Keeping in mind everyone's preference to keep it simple and not over plan everyones respective vacation, I have come up with a tentative Rally Schedule. Do what you want and skip the rest!

Sunday- Rally Officially Starts

Meet & Greet Happy Hour - 5pm till 7pm at Loop 300. If you walk into the loop you shall see "Airstream Alley" (Thanks Jason). The 300 loop is right beside the dog park and close to the marina.
After getting setup, bring the drink and snack (if you want one) of your choice. Place to be announced later.
(This might be your only chance to meet a large portion of the attendees)

Monday -
zilch, nada, zero, nothing - plan your own festivities

Tuesday - zilch, nada, zero, nothing - plan your own festivities

Wednesday - zilch, nada, zero, nothing - plan your own festivities

Thursday - zilch, nada, zero, nothing - plan your own festivities

Friday -
Goodbye at the Campfire Sing-A-Long
Bring your marshmallows, roasting sticks, chocolate, graham crackers, hot dogs, & buns (if you want)...

Saturday - End Of Rally
Zilch, nada, nothing, zero... most of us will be leaving

Some Loop information I found at Fortfiends.net-
Loops with close comfort stations -

Fort Wildreness Bus Route Map

Map of Loop Classifications - This maps shows you the type of loop (Full Hookup, Preferred, Premium) as well as their location.

Here is a link to the Fortfiends.net site app for Android phones.

Here is the link for the Fortfiends.net Iphone app

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Birmingham , Alabama
We go to Fort Wilderness often (we'll be there next week). The front three loops are tight and small. Our favorite loop is 14 because it is near the dog run and night movie/campfire. There are no bad loops. However, as you said, the loops are numerous and spread out. I suggest prioritizing keeping everyone closer together rather than trying to get specific loops. Regardless, it will be a wonderful time for all.

What are the dates again?

Sent from my iPhone using AIR Forums
UAPachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Is 1400 the one that you walk around the comfort station to get to the campfire?

The dates are Nov 4-10 2012.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-10-2011, 07:11 AM   #4
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
I vote for a campsite near the ferry. I think it is the 100 loops. That doesn't mean everyone has to reserve that area. If we are going to make our own reservations, each camper will reserve what works best for them.

Ft. Wilderness is a large campground but with a bike or golfcart it is manageable. I just like to be close to the trading post, ferry and restaurants.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
I vote for a campsite near the ferry. I think it is the 100 loops. That doesn't mean everyone has to reserve that area. If we are going to make our own reservations, each camper will reserve what works best for them.

Ft. Wilderness is a large campground but with a bike or golfcart it is manageable. I just like to be close to the trading post, ferry and restaurants.

Kathy
Although I do "agree" with this in theory, how are we going to have potlucks and other "rally" things when we'll be distributed all over the park? FW doesn't exactly have a lot of common areas suited for large gatherings (there's lots of common areas, of course, but I can't remember anywhere that I would setup a large potluck dinner).

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #6
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
So we can get started with the booking here is what I plan to do. I am going to book 30 premium sites (the pet version of these loops are near the marina), 10 full hookups (if anyone should go for this please keep in mind they fill up fast and are the farthest away from most anything), 5 preferred (these also fill up the quickest and are some of the tightest loops to maneuver in).

Leanne has just told me that full and preferred fill up fast. She is more likely to have premiums than any other type of loop.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Change in plans. According to Leanne, premium sites are pet free (I know on occasion disney has used premium sites for pets but we have to go with the info she is giving us now), since a good portion of us have pets I am changing the numbers.

25 preferred
15 premium
10 full-hookups

remember these can be tweaked but I am just trying to get the booking process started!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #8
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Anyone with a rig larger than 60ft (doubtful I know) can not get into a full hook up site...just thought I'd share for a giggle....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand
Is 1400 the one that you walk around the comfort station to get to the campfire?

Yes

Old 03-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAPachyderm View Post
Yes

Big Al,
You can't go to this rally. You'll be in the midst of championship season #15 during that November timeframe.

-Chris
cms4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #11
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Shawn,

If Disney has no common area we will just have to pick the person who has the largest site and descend on them. I will check my resources and see what area has large sites and hopefully one of us will book it. I wonder if there is posibility that Disney can provide a place for us to have a potluck-just thinking outloud.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #12
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I talked to Leanne. They have one common (first come/first serve area) for this purpose or you can rent a pavilion for $1,000.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
You are correct, I never miss the LSU game!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #14
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Here is what the "Big Book of Disney" says about campsites.

Quote:

RV-ers who prefer to be near guest services, the marina, the beach, and the restaurant and tavern should go for loops 100, 200, 700, and 400 (in that order).

Loops near the campground's secondary facility area with pool, trading post, bike and golf-cart rentals, and campfire program are 1400, 1300, 600, 1000, and 1500, in order of preference.

If you are looking for a tranquil, scenic setting among mature trees, we reommend loops 1800, 1900, 1700, and 1600, in that order, and the backside sites on the 700 loop.

The best loop of all, and the only one to offer both a lovely setting and proximity to key amenities is loop 300.

With the exception of loops 1800 and 1900, avoid sites within 40 yards of the loop entrance. These sites are almost always flanked by one of the main traffice arteries within Fort Wilderness. Further, sites on the outside of the loop are almost always preferable to those in the center of the loop.

RV-ers should be forewarned that all sites are back-ins and that although most sites will accommodate large rigs, the loop access roads are pretty tight and narrow.

Hope this helps,
Kathy
TAC OH-12
Old 03-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #15
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Kathy,
I need a copy of that book...where did you get it?

Information always helps! Shawn is setting up the RSVPs now to give us a better idea of what we need. We are just waiting on a response to Leanne about the discount provided if no one purchases the dining plan (did she mention anything to about this?) before posting it.

I have given Leanne the dates and the sites as posted above. We can then tweak the numbers as needed.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
The title of the book is "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World". We found it at a local bookstore. I am sure most bookstores, esp. the larger chains, would have it. I found it somewhat helpful. Sometimes I had to bounce around because something mentioned in one section applied to another section as well.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
Old 03-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #17
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I will look for that one. Thanks!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Loops by the ferry are nice and close to a store. There is a store centrally located and not far from the other loops. All of the comfort stations are very nice.

I'll let all of you pick a loop, pick a date, we will be there no matter when it is or which loop.

I do prefer the space between sites, and the dog friendly sites as we will have a pet with us.

Mike
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #19
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
Loops by the ferry are nice and close to a store. There is a store centrally located and not far from the other loops. All of the comfort stations are very nice.

I'll let all of you pick a loop, pick a date, we will be there no matter when it is or which loop.

I do prefer the space between sites, and the dog friendly sites as we will have a pet with us.

Mike
We have the date: Nov 4-10 2012 as voted on in this thread: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...2-a-74635.html

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Burnsville , North Carolina
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally