Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Friends of Dorothy
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #101

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike
Potluck for Saturday sounds great to us. I think we actually arrive on Thursday as we make our way back south from Branson, MO. So if anyone wants to do something on Friday it works for us. Or maybe we could host some informal menu and as others arrive they can eat. Going into town Saturday night sounds like fun.
Great idea! We always make too much food and we will have use of the rec hall to feed people. Saturday night will be fun, most of the bars have events for diversity and Henris (martini bar) is a hoot.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:17 AM   #102

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
So how organized should we be about the pot-luck? Call out our dishes on this thread and hope for a balanced meal? Or have a sign-up under something like "Mains, sides, dessert"? We're planning to do pork "tinga" (like cochinita pibil without the banana leaves) that one can eat in a taco or just as a meat dish.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #103

Olathe , Kansas
A bit before the rally we can post what were bringing and then cut and paste them together so we can get an idea of the menu etc. That's how Air Midwest did it and it worked well. Yours sounds yummy! I'm a vegetarian and will cover the veggie food for me. Zell is a carnivore and loves all the dishes people bring to the pot luck so the more meat the better for him. I'll also bake a pie or two for dessert. Also for Saturday afternoon I like to do the open house, it's a fun way to see what people have done for their trailers and get ideas.

I'll write up a schedule of events in the next couple of weeks and post it on here.

Keep the ideas and suggestions coming.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #104

Olathe , Kansas
Menu for Saturday night 08/06/11

DKB SATX
We're planning to do pork "tinga" (like cochinita pibil without the banana leaves) that one can eat in a taco or just as a meat dish.

Lcurrie
Chances are we'll bring something green, veggie-ish, and hopefully yummy. Or better yet, maybe I'll do a Dutch oven cobbler.

Blmitch5
A vegetarian dish. Maybe grilled Portobello mushrooms with goat cheese, red, yellow, orange peppers and grilled onion. It's better than it sounds! and a large caprese salad with a balsamic sauce. Also a birthday cake and a pie.

Just cut and paste the menu and add what you want to bring.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #105

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
~~
I'm a vegetarian and will cover the veggie food for me. Zell is a carnivore and loves all the dishes people bring to the pot luck so the more meat the better for him.
~~
Well at least we know you're not a militant vegan type, what with those nice leather seats in the Touareg.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 06-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #106

Olathe , Kansas
Those are real leather! Oh noooo I must ask all my vegan friends for forgiveness. I'm not a crazy vegetarian, I grew up on a farm and we raised cattle I just gave up eating it. My best friend and her husband are vegans and they keep trying to get me to stop eating dairy but I LOVE cheese to much to give it up. I'll grill a steak for Zell I just don't eat it.

Btw I'm detailing the Touareg as we speak! She's looking good and drives like a dream!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #107

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Thursday evening?

Well, it looks like we may be able to head up to Eureka Springs a bit early. David F has the whole week off, but there's a pretty good chance he may have to work a shift Sunday night. If my boss is agreeable and our space at Wanderlust is available Thursday night as well, we may head up early since we'd have to leave fairly early Sunday.

Is there anything you could use help with Thursday evening, Brad? Shall we plan a mini-gathering for early birds?

I'll put in for Thursday off and check with Wanderlust.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #108

Olathe , Kansas
Great! I think Thursday can be low key. Easy dinner and maybe a cocktail party! I'll bring the martinis and blue cheese stuffed olives. or if you like German we could all head out to the Bavarian inn for dinner.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #109
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Recipe Books????

Wow, I'm thinking we better go shopping for a recipe book. These dishes don't sound like our traditional camping recipes. Somehow I don't think our Chili Sloppy Joes are going to fit in.
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #110

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
Wow, I'm thinking we better go shopping for a recipe book. These dishes don't sound like our traditional camping recipes. Somehow I don't think our Chili Sloppy Joes are going to fit in.
Ours is different perhaps, but not fancy. If your mom is from San Antonio (like each of our moms is) it's just home cookin' kinda stuff. Cook what you like to eat, that's the beauty of a pot luck. We may need something for meat-eaters who don't like Mexican food!

Old 06-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #111

Olathe , Kansas
Zell will love sloppy joes! We tend to be a bit "fancy" when we cook, even when we camp! We love to cook and I even have a menu planner printed for meals. I'm kinda weird that way. cook what you like to eat, that's what's fun about potlucks! Are you in Thursday night as well?
Old 06-22-2011, 06:30 AM   #112

Olathe , Kansas
I really like Frank and Mikes idea to have some food for the late arrivals on Friday night. I don't think we need to do much planning but we could set it up in the rec hall and I'll bring extra disposable plates and cups for anyone wanting to eat. What does everyone else think?

Also on Saturday is when there is a lot going on Downtown so maybe we should leave the whole day open until we do the pot luck. Normally Saturday afternoon is the open house but maybe we could just have an informal open house throughout the rally. I'm game for either way, just let me know what you all think.

For Saturday nights potluck I'm also trying to get some raffle prizes donated and if anyone wants to help let me know. Were going to bring some small gifts to giveaway but it would be great to have something for everyone.

Only a few weeks away! I can't wait to meet everyone.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #113
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
Bring on the Sloppy Joe's, I love them!

A Thursday night cocktail party sounds fun. We're scheduled to come in Thursday night after a long day of driving and Momma's gonna need a drink!

Lynn
2005 19' Safari, Toyota Tundra
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #114

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcurrie
Bring on the Sloppy Joe's, I love them!

A Thursday night cocktail party sounds fun. We're scheduled to come in Thursday night after a long day of driving and Momma's gonna need a drink!

Lynn
We will have the bar open for Momma! What's your favorite? We will stock the Bambi for the weekend, I just hope there will be room for us to sleep!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #115
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
Our favorite cocktail depends on the day. We'll come fully stocked with beer, wine, and a few other adult beverages and mixers.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #116

Olathe , Kansas
We will be stocked up as well! Im sure we will have a nice welcoming committee waiting for you!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #117

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Since we came for a one-night stay here at Tyler State Park with a six of Fat Tire and a bottle of spanish white, I guess we'll fit right in. I'd post the url to my shakedown cruise thread but I'm not sure how with the mobile app. I'll give it a try in a sec.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #118

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX
Since we came for a one-night stay here at Tyler State Park with a six of Fat Tire and a bottle of spanish white, I guess we'll fit right in. I'd post the url to my shakedown cruise thread but I'm not sure how with the mobile app. I'll give it a try in a sec.
Yippie! You went on your first trip! How as it? Inquiring minds want to know!

Just open up your URL in your Internet browser, copy it then go back to air and paste it in your reply.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #119

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5

Yippie! You went on your first trip! How as it? Inquiring minds want to know!

Just open up your URL in your Internet browser, copy it then go back to air and paste it in your reply.
Very nice! Didn't occur to me that ' open browser' meant ' open THIS thread in a browser' so I didn't try on this slow link on my phone.

The trip is going well, no major issues or scenes from The Long Long Trailer. David F is latin but I'm not red headed and I'm way more evil than dingy, so out wouldn't be a pretty reenactment if that happened.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...ark-78765.html

Old 06-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #120
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
Just read through your shakedown thread. Looks like a great campground!
2005 19' Safari, Toyota Tundra
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs

Tags
eureka springs ar, fod, rally