Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Adding to the fun

Hi Everyone. Today, I ordered a 2012 28' International....this'll go with the new Infiniti QX56 that I bought on Monday so I could tow this thing! While I'm not exactly new to the RV world -- I took my first trip to Yellowstone in the late 50's with my aunt and uncle in a 23' Tradewind. Minnesota to Wyoming and back. I was about 10 and have never forgotten this. I've retired (twice)...first time after 20 years in the Army (long before DADT, obviously). I've had two LTR's but am on my own. I am planning on meeting some of you folks once I take delivery (Oct) and hit the pavement. Nice to know I'll have "family" once I'm on-the-road.
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Greetings, and welcome!

It's too bad you didn't get involved before our recent FoD rally in Eureka Springs, but we had such a great time there's already talk of the next one, so hopefully you'll be able to join us for that one.

If you've read much on these forums, you'll know we love pictures. We'll expect to see some once you take delivery! Is it a Signature or a Serenity interior?

Oh, and you'd best not tell those pesky congressman that you served a full career in our armed forces, they're convinced that none of us have ever made a positive contribution and our presence would be bad for morale, doncha know.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Your rig will be one class act!!!!

Many Airstreams are purchased by those wanting to resurrect those good memories of childhood.

Please post pictures!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #4

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Congrats and welcome to the forums! We can't wait to see some pictures and were planning another Rally for the spring. We hope you can make it.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Sounds like a GREAT rig!

Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
Congrats on the new hardware. There are a number of us here on the forum towing with Infiniti's. Please post some pics when you get it all set up.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
Airstreamer

2012 27' FB International
Bellevue , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
Hi Everyone. Today, I ordered a 2012 28' International....this'll go with the new Infiniti QX56 that I bought on Monday so I could tow this thing! While I'm not exactly new to the RV world -- I took my first trip to Yellowstone in the late 50's with my aunt and uncle in a 23' Tradewind. Minnesota to Wyoming and back. I was about 10 and have never forgotten this. I've retired (twice)...first time after 20 years in the Army (long before DADT, obviously). I've had two LTR's but am on my own. I am planning on meeting some of you folks once I take delivery (Oct) and hit the pavement. Nice to know I'll have "family" once I'm on-the-road.
Awww, this was such a nice post!! Congratulations and welcome and if your ever in the Seattle area - drop us an email! Welcome to our wonderful world of Airstreaming xoxo
Old 08-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I've spent a LOT of time reading (and learning) from others who've navigated the "new owner" experience. I'm making lots of merchants happy -- including buying a Honda 2000i gen (and a companion) so I can "rough it" with A/C when I'm boondocking next summer. Local contractor is delighted to be doing some excavation and leveling for the custom parking spot in my backyard. Interestingly, I had planned on dropping a hunk of cash for a 100 plus day around the world cruise. The more I thought about, the more I decided to put the $ into the USA. I most definitely plan to be a part of the FOD rally process and meeting as many dauntless travelers as I can. I will be accompanied by the BG's. (My nickname for my two "Basset Girls" -- Nola and Rhoda -- for whom this type of travel will be a brand new experience!)
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #9

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Welcome! And may I say your our kind of friend! World cruise? Zell and I take a cruise every year (longest was 14 days) and now we have the "land yacht ". I can't wait to see your set up and were already planning a Spring FOD rally So stay tuned.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote