Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

1964 28' Ambassador
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
Hog-I, I'll be looking for you somewhere around the Paseo...I look like darn near every one of those Prisoners of the Sixties, but will probably be having lunch with Rumsfeld...if he'd ever RSVP! Forget about Julia Roberts..she chews with her mouth open. If I needed to view an Arugula processor in action, I'd fake an SSN and move to Ca.

(somewhere in this post it's important to place one of those smiley icons, but my click and move seems to be on the fritz)
Ambie '64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:46 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
TO DEITZ645:

Certainly NOT anyone with an AS or derivative of same. I was talking about those that insist on drinking while driving/driving while sleeping/talking to others or on their phone or messaging/running late, etc... We all know who they are. It is simply a rule we started with when we first married - We'll stay off the roads on holidays and for 42 years we've stuck to the rule. Would we go someplace if something came up? Definitley - it's not a religious decision and can be easily changed. I certainly hope all have a great time over the Memorial Day holiday!
Prodigy brake controls
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool
Than to open it and remove all doubt."
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:00 PM   #43
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Heading to the mountains. Hawley Lake on the White Mountain Apache Reservation. A long weekend with my fly fishing buddies and a couple of Airstreams too. The lake is at 8200 feet and the weather is unpredictable.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
We'll pull all of maybe 20 miles over to the Miller Creek RV Park on Hwy. 281 just outside Johnson City, TX, meeting up with 3 rigs from our Texas Highland Lakes Unit plus a friend pulling a huge SOB 5th wheel up from the coast. A few of us got spots overlooking the spring-fed creek and under beautiful trees. We'll probably gather, cook & eat at those rigs, for the shade. Texans like our shade!! I'll be out in the open prairie, so my sat dish will work just fine. Should be there 4 or 5 days of fun & fellowship together.

The following weekend I'm off to Hillsboro, TX, staying in the North Texas Airstream Community (NTAC) - a beautiful destination if you haven't visited there yet. Really nice folks & a great setup. I'm going to Hillsboro to attend a fraternity reunion on a friend's ranch a few miles outside the town. I'll drive back & forth every morning & evening. Most of the men are staying in the local motels. I feel sorry for them already. I come 'home' to a space I know is clean, welcoming and comforting. They stay in rooms where nobody wants to know what's growing on every surface (warning - per the TV investigators, don't use the paper-wrapped glasses in the bathrooms!!).
Old 05-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
We're heading for the high country on 149 just north of Creede, CO. Expecting wind, snow, rain and T-storms. Did I leave anything out? Isn't that what holiday weekends are for...can't wait.
Four Courners Unit
WBCCI # 2460 AIR # 17259
lsinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #46

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We're already here in Maine. Tomorrow we're heading up to the Baxter State Park area for some serious Moose hunting (with camera).
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:36 AM   #47
4 Rivet Member

1996 34' Excella
Americus , Georgia
We are going to the Top of Georgia Airstream park and will attend our unit rally.Also it will be our first trip with our 4 month old little girl.Should be interesting.
WBCCI # 10219 Georgia Unit
AIR # 5131
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:33 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfowler
Looks like the weather Gods are going to be nice to us (for most of the country) for the weekend! Where are ya'll planning on camping? Liz and I will be at Jersey Shore Haven Airstream Park (never did an "Airstream only" park before, should be very cool). We'll be pulling in Friday evening and heading out Monday mid-day. This is the first outing for the Arg with her fresh paint!
Hi Bob; I have a very exciting weekend coming up. My wife Kay and I plan to spend couple of days in our basement in attempt to sew upholstery cushions for our new wrap around sofa for our Argosy. Poised and ready I will try my hand at something I have no experience at all. We intend to test our commercial grade Singer sewing machine. Our boat business has been extremely busy which did not leave me much time to work on the Arg past my 14 hour days at the shop. We picked up two custom made mattress's which cost us $900.00. While we are very close to being done, I need about 50 hours to get it road ready. In the mean time I will be thinking of you having fun in the Sun while we suffer in the basement. Enjoy your weekend. Thanks "Boatdoc"
boatdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #49
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
We'll be joining Whitsend and Pahaska at Miller's Creek RV Park near Johnson City along with another Airstream who doesn't post to these forums and friends we've known for years who will be in a fifthwheel SOB as posted by Whitsend in post #44. Its always fun to share time with old friends.

We recently lost our little poodle after an extended illness from which she just could not recover in spite of the very best in Veterinary care. This will be our first trip in 12 years without her. We'll likely get a little misty eyed as we pull away from the house in the morning. It has already happened as we located and removed her medications, toys, clothes and other items from the trailer.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #50
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
We're not going anywhere! Just for starters, Maria is off in Europe to see to her elderly mother. But more to the point, there's a major mountain biking event here in Angel Fire (the "Chili Challenge"), and we'll be practically drowned in tent-camping kiddos on very expensive mountain bikes.

Lynn
Old 05-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #51
Razorback

2005 30' Classic
Springdale , Arkansas
We will be in Custer, SD for the weekend. It's predicted rain over the weekend, but it doesn't matter. We are staying here another week or two to enjoy the outdoors and daytrips to Deadwood, Sturgis, Spearfish, etc. Never been to SD before, but beautiful country!

Sid and Becky
2005 Classic 30 "Twinkie II"
Hensley Arrow
2008 Bighorn 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins
WBCCI Member At Large #2786

Life is not a dress rehearsal, live your dreams!
razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #52
Aluminitus Carrier

1968 26' Overlander
south lake tahoe , California
Send a message via Skype™ to lovingtahoe
We are taking the 6 yr old niece to Blue Lakes (Lake Tahoe area) if anyone is interested in joing, please do! We are going to check out a dispersed camping area for a future SNU rally in October.

WBCCI - #4066 / Sierra Nevada Unit 157
TAC - # CA-9
South Lake Tahoe, California
lovingtahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Everybody have fun. We too like to stay home on the holidays and camp out in the back yard, then travel when everyone goes back to their own back yard.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:28 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Nowhere! I have 3 braking assembly plates that have to be replaced and the 4 new rims with new tires will be picked up tomorrow. After this, it's work in the garden.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:12 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
There already..

Lynn and I are there already. Washington DC. We flew in last Tue. 5/13 and been having a ball visiting our Son. Tomorrow morning, Friday May 23 at 10 am we will attend his re-enlistment ceremony on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. Todd is re-enlisting for his 15th, 16th and 17th years in the Navy. He is presently based at Betheda Naval Hospital. He is a hospital corpsman. During the past week we have visited most all the sights on 'The Mall' spent a day in Baltimore and a very moving day at Gettysburg. Lynn and I fly back to California next Wed. 5/28. The DC area is a wonderful place to experience.
Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:21 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc
Hi Bob; I have a very exciting weekend coming up. My wife Kay and I plan to spend couple of days in our basement in attempt to sew upholstery cushions for our new wrap around sofa for our Argosy. Poised and ready I will try my hand at something I have no experience at all. We intend to test our commercial grade Singer sewing machine. Our boat business has been extremely busy which did not leave me much time to work on the Arg past my 14 hour days at the shop. We picked up two custom made mattress's which cost us $900.00. While we are very close to being done, I need about 50 hours to get it road ready. In the mean time I will be thinking of you having fun in the Sun while we suffer in the basement. Enjoy your weekend. Thanks "Boatdoc"
14 hour days? Hmmm... that STILL leaves 10 hours for working on the Argosy. Yer slippin' Doc!

I spent an of hour yesterday installing my belt line moulding. I bought a roll of vinyl insert from extrude-a-trim.com. I bought their high profile thinking it would look great (which it does) not thinking about the clearance issue with the insert on the door as well as the trailer. I wound up taking the insert out of the extrusion on the door. One more issue to work out... At least the high profile insert makes a dandy door bumper! There is no way for the door to mess up the new paint. We also primed and shot the Argosy emblems the same blue as our trim. After it was dry, Liz got the job of filing the paint off the raised portion of the lettering - they look great!

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:52 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Well, we're headed up into the Sierra Foothills of Northern California...this will be our 1st outing with our 'new' 78 Ambassador since picking it up two weeks ago. We'll get to see what needs additional attention, on this our 'trial' run!

We've been busy replacing the AC unit, adding a Winegard Trav'ler Dish Sat antenna, along with a new Sanyo 22 inch LCD HDTV, a new Converter/charger to replace the Univolt (from Best Converter), the tail/stop lights with LED units, all the faded oval reflectors, and patching a couple of holes on the roof where the old TV antenna and a CB antenna were mounted!

Of course, there has been much cleaning, tidying up the interior...this AS had been in a storage yard for some time!

It's been a busy couple of weeks! We're going to sit back and relax this weekend!

Everyone be careful out there...all the 'amateur' drivers will be talking on their cell phones and yelling at their kids while trying to get around we Trailer types to save 3 Min's on their road trip!
Mexray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #58
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Last minute plans, going 40 minutes away near Marcellus, MI - Cranberry Lake Campground. Took Felix down last night, to miss the mad rush getting into the campground during the 5pm - 7pm rush.

Derek
Old 05-23-2008, 07:42 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
I am prepping for the First Friday Art Trail for June in Lubbock TX.
A portion of my photos will be included for exhibition at The Lubbock Garden and Arts Center.

So, I have had display photos printed in large format (16" x 21" up to 24" x 52") seven of my landscape shots for the show. I had them done by sublimating the inks into vinyl wallpaper and then mounted to half inch rigid foam board for durable displays.

Unlike the display photos, the museum quality prints people order are on acid free archival satin finish paper, done in a 12 color process archival giclee inks, and then signed and numbered-limited editions.

So, I am not going anywhere this weekend. I don't know about the rest of the Summer. I did a trip in March to 10 National Parks and Monuments in AZ and UT over Spring Break, but didn't pull the trailer....and since then diesel is up 25% in the past 60 days with promises of even higher pricing in the weeks to come. My Airstream use may be limited to backyard camping or close 50 -100 miles away bluegrass jams.

AIR # 410
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:24 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, absolutely no-where; We never like to travel on holiday weekends. Retired, so we can go anytime we want to. It sure is nice to go places during the middle of the week. [when all the young people have to support my retirement,.............. I mean work] Lately it has been a tandem bike ride to the park and or beach. Did I tell you how nice it is during the middle of the week?
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote