Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #901
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Thanks to all for the dining suggestions and courtesy parking offer. I had heard mixed reviews about Paula Dean's place and rave reviews about Mrs. Wilkes. We are meeting with our traveling friends this PM and will relay that info to them.

Really excited about meeting all of you,

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #902
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Silverexpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferS
Re: Pets
We will be taking our 2 Golden Retrievers to Disney with us. We always travel with out pets. Also, we always request a site in the 1600's or 1700's. We love the 1700's loop! Because the 1600, 1700, 1800 and 1900 loops are linked together, it gives our dogs the opportunity of a really good walk. They have never been exposed to a dog park and this works best for us and them. The $5/day fee, which includes both dogs, is pretty inexpensive compared to the daily fee we would have to pay at a boarding kennel, for two dogs. The negative side to bringing a pet is the time you will be able to be away from your pet. The lack of freedom. We could never enter a theme park, when it first opens, and then expect to stay there until the park closes. Always we would have to plan to come back to the campsite and feed and let the dogs out, before being able to return to the theme parks. But, there is the option of the Best Friends pet care, located on Disney property. We went there last year to check this facility out. Pretty impressive and worth checking out, just for the fun of it! I have never seen anything like it! I would use this facility if I needed or wanted to. Probably expensive, but considering what I am saving by bringing my pets, I would afford it.
Just a though......
Jennifer
Thanks for the input! We are still uncertain about bringing our dog Sadie. If we do decide to bring her I am sure it will all work out.
AIR #34494

Living the Airstream Life:
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:52 AM   #903
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
There is also a nice dog kennel not to far from the camp grounds. Not real cheap, but they do a nice job. We put our dog in there last spring one day. I believe they also have half day rates.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:52 AM   #904
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Burnsville , North Carolina
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-714485273.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	494.4 KB
ID:	171038
We got 1/2 of the annual polish work done. Entrance side of course. Started packing, lot of unpacking as we have a lot of park plans for the boys so are leaving the big grill and open side tent we bring.

Wow only one more weekend to prep!!!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #905
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Wow!!! That is amazing! How many hours did it take to bring it to a mirror finish?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #906
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructor View Post
Attachment 171038
We got 1/2 of the annual polish work done. Entrance side of course. Started packing, lot of unpacking as we have a lot of park plans for the boys so are leaving the big grill and open side tent we bring.

Wow only one more weekend to prep!!!
very pretty!!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #907
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
T-12 Days

HI All,
Here is a last email reminder. If you plan on faxing in a loop/site request it must be done by Oct 31st. I am going to be completely out of communication(cell phones, computers, and mifi's turned off) from Thursday-Sunday so if you have any questions I need to address specifically... please let me know now. If something comes up during my down time post it on the thread and someone should be able to help you find the answer.

I will be on site at Fort Wilderness starting on Sunday Oct 28th. Should some of you decide to caravan in please let me know your estimated time of Arrival as I would love to get some pictures of a group coming in. All information will be posted to the Airforums thread listed here including the site number for the Meet & Greet and rally board. I will be updating the first post with important information to make it easier to find.

Let me know if I have forgotten something you think needs to be shared or if you have a question.

Thanks,
Nicki

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #908
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
We are almost down to counting days

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #909
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Why do I feel as if I am forgetting something to do with this rally.....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #910
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
Little Ava told me last night that I am not allowed to play soccer anymore until the Spartan is finished! LOL

... Ouch less than two weeks... Ouch...

On a positive note, I purchased some new flashlights and batteries for night time adventures
Others: 1971 Chevy C-10 with 5.3 LS and T5 conversion, 1983 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer (FSJ) with 5.3 LS and SM465 conversion, 1979 Porsche 911SC
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #911
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
Little Ava told me last night that I am not allowed to play soccer anymore until the Spartan is finished! LOL

... Ouch less than two weeks... Ouch...

On a positive note, I purchased some new flashlights and batteries for night time adventures
You tell him Little Ava!!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #912
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I guess technically, our "journey" has begun and we haven't even left home. The Airstream is in the front yard, hooked up. The fresh tank is full and the fridge is on. Andrea's been cleaning out unused clutter since we have to prepare for 2 weeks of living and travelling (yeah, Nicki and Shawn, I know, no big deal). The kids are excited to be ticking off the single digits on their countdown calendar. Some food went into the freezer in the camper tonight. Clothes are being selected, maintenance items checked, propane full, seemingly all is good to go. I'm winding down at work for a long anticipated 2 week vacation.

Just 3 more days and we leave for a meandering trip to Disney...
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #913
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
I guess technically, our "journey" has begun and we haven't even left home. The Airstream is in the front yard, hooked up. The fresh tank is full and the fridge is on. Andrea's been cleaning out unused clutter since we have to prepare for 2 weeks of living and travelling (yeah, Nicki and Shawn, I know, no big deal). The kids are excited to be ticking off the single digits on their countdown calendar. Some food went into the freezer in the camper tonight. Clothes are being selected, maintenance items checked, propane full, seemingly all is good to go. I'm winding down at work for a long anticipated 2 week vacation.

Just 3 more days and we leave for a meandering trip to Disney...
Yeah!!!

And yes, for you it is a big deal because you don't have the stuff already packed. Shawn and I were just talking yesterday about how much more work a weekend camping trip is than living in your Airstream. That whole list of things you just mentioned is something that is part of our weekly routine or unneeded.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #914
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
Punxsutawney , Pennsylvania
Is there any place in Orlando or surrounding area where we can congregate and caravan in together on Sunday? We will probably leave western Penna. early on Friday and spend the night in North Carolina at my sister's home. She and her husband will be joining us on our trip though they have an SOB.
PunxyQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #915
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I think Constructor posted something about a campground that people could caravan from in an early post but I am not sure which one.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #916
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Just a heads up. When you are pulling into Walt Disney World you need to stay in the the rightmost lane as possible. The turn to Fort wilderness is the next right after the tollbooth plaza. It comes up very quickly so with a RV you need to be in the very most right-hand lane. Unfortunately, if you're in the wrong lane it is almost impossible to get over in the right-hand lane after you go to tollbooth. other drivers will not let you in. If you do end up in the wrong lane you can make a U-turn at the Hess and Doubleback. Everyone enjoy your trip, safe driving, good luck!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #917
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
Nicki and Ava will keep me on track

Jason, sounds like you all are almost ready to roll! Excellent... Granted two weeks on the road with kids... Mercy! (be sure to pack a lot of "quality beverages")

Keith, great tip!!! I have been through the toll gate just in the Burb and it was painful enough figuring out where to go. And yes, I have flipped a U at the Hess before. LOL
Others: 1971 Chevy C-10 with 5.3 LS and T5 conversion, 1983 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer (FSJ) with 5.3 LS and SM465 conversion, 1979 Porsche 911SC
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #918
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
When we went last time we had a custom GPS POI, it took us in the back way so we didn't see the toll booths

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #919
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
What?? There is a back way!! That would have made life much better... You must share. : )
Old 10-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #920
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithgrowe View Post
What?? There is a back way!! That would have made life much better... You must share. : )
I don't have that gps anymore.

TAC OK-42

]

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally