Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #441
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
You have been busy.

The info on the loops are in #14 in this thread. If you need more /better info, let me know and I will dig it up.

Meeting Dan and Carol tonight for trivia. Wish me luck.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #442
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
You have been busy.

The info on the loops are in #14 in this thread. If you need more /better info, let me know and I will dig it up.

Kathy
Can I send you the spreadsheet to look at? Then you can suggest things to add. I have only made a very basic start.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #443
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:

Kathy
good luck and you tell them we said hi!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #444
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
I sent you a PM thank you. A surprise-so fun.

Yes, send the spread sheet. I want to go through my resources and try to seperate each park then work up a list of "haven't seen" "must see" "must see again". Also want to work on dining reservations. It is our 40th anniversary next year and I wanted to do something special for Hank. Think I will contact Disney and see what they can suggest. We honeymooned at Disney in 1972 at the Contemporary Resort (still owned by US Steel). Checked out the restaurant on the top floor and decided it was too expensive then. Still too expensive now, but the 40th may be worth dining there. He also has always wanted to dine (fine dining) at the Grand Floridian. The man has expensive tastes.

Well we didn't do too well at trivia last night. I think the $1.00 beers got in the way. Can't seem to recognize the songs from TV shows and have difficulty with identifying music and performer from 2000 on. But the wings are good and just watching/talking to the other teams is fun.

Waiting on the "insurance" guy. Had a lightening strike while we were on vacation in Sept. Took out our stove control, refrigerator control, and the computer. We are going to have him look at the roof as well. Oh bother!

Kathy
TAC OH-12
Old 11-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #445
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:

Yes, send the spread sheet. I want to go through my resources and try to seperate each park then work up a list of "haven't seen" "must see" "must see again". Also want to work on dining reservations. It is our 40th anniversary next year and I wanted to do something special for Hank. Think I will contact Disney and see what they can suggest. We honeymooned at Disney in 1972 at the Contemporary Resort (still owned by US Steel). Checked out the restaurant on the top floor and decided it was too expensive then. Still too expensive now, but the 40th may be worth dining there. He also has always wanted to dine (fine dining) at the Grand Floridian. The man has expensive tastes.

Well we didn't do too well at trivia last night. I think the $1.00 beers got in the way. Can't seem to recognize the songs from TV shows and have difficulty with identifying music and performer from 2000 on. But the wings are good and just watching/talking to the other teams is fun.

Waiting on the "insurance" guy. Had a lightening strike while we were on vacation in Sept. Took out our stove control, refrigerator control, and the computer. We are going to have him look at the roof as well. Oh bother!

Kathy
I am pretty good with recognizing music.

Lightening sure explains the computer issues! Hope you get things straightened out soon.

Spreadsheet is sent. Let me know what I can add.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #446
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
To Santa's Helpers,
Thanks for the assist!!
Nicki

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #447
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:

Also want to work on dining reservations. It is our 40th anniversary next year and I wanted to do something special for Hank. Think I will contact Disney and see what they can suggest. We honeymooned at Disney in 1972 at the Contemporary Resort (still owned by US Steel). Checked out the restaurant on the top floor and decided it was too expensive then. Still too expensive now, but the 40th may be worth dining there. He also has always wanted to dine (fine dining) at the Grand Floridian. The man has expensive tastes.
Awwwwwwww!
The 40th is very worth it. Maybe the dining plan would help.

If you are looking at Victoria's & Albert's, I couldn't tell if the dining plan was accepted but I did find these

Citricos | Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Dining & Restaurants | Walt Disney World Resort

Narcoossee's | Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Dining & Restaurants | Walt Disney World Resort

I couldn't figure out which restaurant at the contemporary... so no links.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #448
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Guess What Today Is

Now we are into counting down the months and days... no more of that year junk.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #449
3 Rivet Member

Go to the web site:
FortFriends.net
rtaylor537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #450
3 Rivet Member

Sorry I meant :
FortFiends.net

My spell checker prefers "f r iends".
It is "fiends"
rtaylor537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #451
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Among other things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtaylor537 View Post
Go to the web site:
FortFriends.net
I am a Fort Fiend... user name is the same... you should say hi next time you are there.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #452
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Thought I'd repost this...as it is informative & located at the begining

I thought I'd repost this since it has good information in it.

Quote:
Here is what the "Big Book of Disney" says about campsites.

Quote:

RV-ers who prefer to be near guest services, the marina, the beach, and the restaurant and tavern should go for loops 100, 200, 700, and 400 (in that order).

Loops near the campground's secondary facility area with pool, trading post, bike and golf-cart rentals, and campfire program are 1400, 1300, 600, 1000, and 1500, in order of preference.

If you are looking for a tranquil, scenic setting among mature trees, we reommend loops 1800, 1900, 1700, and 1600, in that order, and the backside sites on the 700 loop.

The best loop of all, and the only one to offer both a lovely setting and proximity to key amenities is loop 300.

With the exception of loops 1800 and 1900, avoid sites within 40 yards of the loop entrance. These sites are almost always flanked by one of the main traffice arteries within Fort Wilderness. Further, sites on the outside of the loop are almost always preferable to those in the center of the loop.

RV-ers should be forewarned that all sites are back-ins and that although most sites will accommodate large rigs, the loop access roads are pretty tight and narrow.

Hope this helps,
Kathy

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #453
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
For Everyone but especially anyone with Disabilities

You should be able to access this without joining as it's in the general topic area. Someone, whose husband has disabilities, drove around and picked out the sites nearest to the comfort stations.

Premium Loops
Sites Near the Comfort Station - Premium Full Hookup - Fort Fiends

Preferred Loops
Sites Near the Comfort Station - Preferred Full Hookup - Fort Fiends

Full Hook-up Loops
Sites Near the Comfort Station - Full Hookup - Fort Fiends

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #454
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
What are we now, like about 1 year off give or take a few days?

Andrea and I were just working on the Argosy a bit last weekend and we commented that it was time to start thinking about next year's camping season. However, I was reminded of this rally at the end of the season that we have to "reserve" for. I'm anxious to get to it! But, the Argy needs a bit more TLC before the trip. We will be using the Argy quite a bit in the next year in prep for the Disney trip.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #455
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
in answer to your question

For Winestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post

Now we are into counting down the months and days... no more of that year junk.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #456
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
What are we now, like about 1 year off give or take a few days?

Andrea and I were just working on the Argosy a bit last weekend and we commented that it was time to start thinking about next year's camping season. However, I was reminded of this rally at the end of the season that we have to "reserve" for. I'm anxious to get to it! But, the Argy needs a bit more TLC before the trip. We will be using the Argy quite a bit in the next year in prep for the Disney trip.
You know it might be a year off (just under) but the last 6 months have flown by... so it will be here before you know it.

I can't wait to see the Argy in person. Really I can't wait to meet everyone....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #457
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand

You know it might be a year off (just under) but the last 6 months have flown by... so it will be here before you know it.

I can't wait to see the Argy in person. Really I can't wait to meet everyone....
I think you should likely see the Argy at least twice before Disney. I expect that you will be at The Bash and Fall Colors in 2012?
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #458
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
I think you should likely see the Argy at least twice before Disney. I expect that you will be at The Bash and Fall Colors in 2012?
The Bash for sure.. need to check out the info on the Fall Colors as I'd like to do that one as well. It's time to start planning for next year.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-14-2011, 05:44 AM   #459
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Thank you so very much for the suggestion of FortFiends.net. I am researching the different dining plans as well as where to eat. This site has a wealth of information as well as pics. Great site for planning our Disney vacation.

Just purchased a great countdown to Disney sign. It is one ft. by one ft. white metal. Holes are punched along the rim and a red ribbon with white poke-a-dots is threaded through the holes. There is a chalkboard "Mickey" on the front with "Disney in _____ days" written in red cursive letters. I liked it so much that I called my brother and asked if he wanted one. They are going in Decmber of 2012 with their 5 year old.

I have also been watching Youtube "Disney Reveals". Videos of how parents surprise their kids with a Disney vacation. Fun.

Thanks again,
Kathy
TAC OH-12
Old 11-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #460
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Thank you so very much for the suggestion of FortFiends.net. I am researching the different dining plans as well as where to eat. This site has a wealth of information as well as pics. Great site for planning our Disney vacation.

Just purchased a great countdown to Disney sign. It is one ft. by one ft. white metal. Holes are punched along the rim and a red ribbon with white poke-a-dots is threaded through the holes. There is a chalkboard "Mickey" on the front with "Disney in _____ days" written in red cursive letters. I liked it so much that I called my brother and asked if he wanted one. They are going in Decmber of 2012 with their 5 year old.

I have also been watching Youtube "Disney Reveals". Videos of how parents surprise their kids with a Disney vacation. Fun.

Thanks again,
Kathy

Too much research and looking at the food will make you hungry. Several of the Trip Reports also have food pictures in them, particularly Runner ... aka Ed's Halloween thread. The dining planning can be overwhelming as there are so many options....

Counter sounds really cool. How many days are left? I know the months/weeks...

I feel a trip to Youtube coming on... I bet there are some good ones.

We have had another person RSVP.........

TAC OK-42

]

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally