Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #241
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
We're at the birthday bash right now. On Tuesday when we get home I'll call and make some reservations.

We've had the traveling rally sign displayed all weekend and I think we've convinced one or two more families to join us.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #242
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Any idea where the next rally will be for the sign?

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #243
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand
We decided to hang on to it. We're doing a TAC trip up through Canada and thought it would be nice to get it out of the OH/MI/PA area.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #244
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Extra days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
We can book before and after days on the group ressie but it requires an addendum to the contract. I need to know if there is alot of interest in this....
I'm also interested in being able to add days before or after the rally.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #245
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
We toyed with the idea of sending it with Gary to MN this coming weekend, but ended up not doing so since it would have been difficult to mail it back to us. So, it's staying with us and going next on the Canada rally that I am planning on doing in a month.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #246
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
We are booked. I signed us up for a preferred site.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #247
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
We toyed with the idea of sending it with Gary to MN this coming weekend, but ended up not doing so since it would have been difficult to mail it back to us. So, it's staying with us and going next on the Canada rally that I am planning on doing in a month.
as long as it keeps on moving.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStream View Post
We are booked. I signed us up for a preferred site.
I will mark you down.

Here is some info for everyone.

We should be able to get rates and sign up for the dining plan now. If you attempt to and get blocked let me know and I will get in touch with Lauren. The only down side - just like the tickets... It has to be paid in full at the time you add it.

From Lauren in answer to Shawn's questions:

1. There seems to be a lot of varying information on the dining plan, so I would like to set the record straight: If we decide to purchase a dining plan we simply call the number that we already contact (i.e. 407-938-4868) and simply either add the plan when we do our registrations, or we simply call back and add it to our existing reservations at any time in the future...correct?

Correct. The only restrictions are as follows, if one person in the room has dine plan they ALL must have dine plan, everyone in the room must have the SAME type of dine plan and if you have dine plan you must have it for the entire length of your stay not just a portion.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #248
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
Punxsutawney , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStream View Post
We're at the birthday bash right now. On Tuesday when we get home I'll call and make some reservations.

We've had the traveling rally sign displayed all weekend and I think we've convinced one or two more families to join us.
I met Andrea and Jason at the rally and saw the board and almost whooped out loud! We went to Ft. Wilderness a couple years ago with our '63 Globetrotter and want to go back again. We're thinking pretty seriously about it. Our daughter #2 will be getting married that fall and youngest will be in college; I'm a bit concerned about $. But, we shall see. I feel that the dining plan worked well for the three of us in '07. In 2012, it will be just the two of us.

Becky
Punxsutawney, PA
TAC PA-10 (or is it 11?)
PunxyQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #249
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunxyQuilter View Post
I met Andrea and Jason at the rally and saw the board and almost whooped out loud! We went to Ft. Wilderness a couple years ago with our '63 Globetrotter and want to go back again. We're thinking pretty seriously about it. Our daughter #2 will be getting married that fall and youngest will be in college; I'm a bit concerned about $. But, we shall see. I feel that the dining plan worked well for the three of us in '07. In 2012, it will be just the two of us.

Becky
Punxsutawney, PA
TAC PA-10 (or is it 11?)
First you've done two things we haven't managed yet. Met Andrea, Jason and gone to the Bash. Second I'd love to see your '63 Globetrotter... Disney or not. Third we'd love to have you and it sounds like a great distraction from all those empty nest problems. Fourth I can tell you that you can do as little or as much as you want. Fifth the dining plan is really good if you plan on eating out more than once a day. Since we have so many people interested in so many shows and gatherings we are planning on getting it. Sixth... ok, I don't have a sixth right now.......

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #250
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunxyQuilter View Post
I'm a bit concerned about $. But, we shall see. I feel that the dining plan worked well for the three of us in '07. In 2012, it will be just the two of us.
We'll be driving the Argosy moho from Ohio to Orlando. Perhaps you can catch up with us in KY or TN and just draft us to Orlando. Might save you a MPG or two !
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #251
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Sixth.. you can draft behind Jason and Andrea.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #252
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
We made our reservations this morning. Got a preferred site. I have been checking out the Universal website and found out that the Blue Man Group is playing there. Really hope they are there in 2012 as I will def. get tickets to see them.

We decided to go early and camp at another campground while visiting Universal Studios. For us, it seems simpler that way. I researched campgrounds in Orlando on the web and we have several to choose from. Can't get into Disney until after 1:00 so that gives us plenty of time to get our treasures together and motor on over to Ft. Wilderness. If anyone would need a ride to a grocery, etc. I can volunteer our truck for a trip outside the Ft. W. I know you can get some things at the campground but it is expensive as is having groceries delivered.

I asked about campfires at your site and was told that we could have them-provided-the firepit had solid sides and a mesh top. I'm going to call Disney and ask as our firepit has a solid bottom and top and a mesh side. Something may have gotten mixed up in the relaying of info.

Go Mickey!

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #253
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
We're in! I just reserved our site!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #254
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday'59 View Post
We're in! I just reserved our site!
Congrats!!! could you send me an email or reply here with what you reserved? Full, Pref, Prem?

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #255
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I have an update on extending your stay (before or after the rally). Originally Leanne said we needed an addendum but Lauren says we don't need one. However, they will not guarantee you the Rally Rate or anything else for that matter. They advise you to go ahead a reserve the extra days quickly because the spots might not be available later.

We just signed an addendum to the contract for the dining plan. It will show up 48 hours after we receive the executed addendum from them. It appears that our rates will drop a few dollars. I will let you know when you can proceed with adding the dining plan to your reservations. Please keep in mind that Lauren said it must be paid in full.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #256
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International CCD
Leesburg , Virginia
Nicki, I just reserved our spot as well - a premium campsite in a pet loop. I was not able to use our Disney Vacation Club points to book it, however, in case anyone else needs to know that! As soon as I consult with my hubby, I will purchase the Dining Plan. We will probably go with the "Basic" plan - it's $51.54 per person per day, and includes one quick service meal, one table service meal (with entree and dessert), and one snack per person per day. The gal checked with the Dining Plan folks and verified that you could lump two of your "table service" meals together and go to one of their special dinner shows. She also told me that when you purchase the Dining Plan, you not only have to pay for it in full at that time, but you also have to pay for all the nights of your stay at the campground in full at that time as well.

Thanks for all your hard work in organizing all this!

Ann Sue and Chris Riddick
WBCCI #2515
TAC #VA-9
golfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #257
owensLander

1966 26' Overlander
1958 18' "Footer"
1963 16' Bambi
Chattanooga , Tennessee
We just booked Premium Pet Loop.
1963 Bambi
owenslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #258
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Nicki, I just reserved our spot as well - a premium campsite in a pet loop. I was not able to use our Disney Vacation Club points to book it, however, in case anyone else needs to know that! As soon as I consult with my hubby, I will purchase the Dining Plan. We will probably go with the "Basic" plan - it's $51.54 per person per day, and includes one quick service meal, one table service meal (with entree and dessert), and one snack per person per day. The gal checked with the Dining Plan folks and verified that you could lump two of your "table service" meals together and go to one of their special dinner shows. She also told me that when you purchase the Dining Plan, you not only have to pay for it in full at that time, but you also have to pay for all the nights of your stay at the campground in full at that time as well.

Thanks for all your hard work in organizing all this!

Ann Sue and Chris Riddick
Thanks for the update. I knew that the tickets and Dining Plan had to be paid in full but not the campsite if you got the dining plan. We learn something new every time someone calls in.

I knew about the lumping of two table service meals. In post #231 on this thread I listed how many table service meals it was to attend the dinner shows and grand gathering events. I hope everyone will take a look at that post and compare the table services meals needed for their intended dining events vs the dining plans. If anyone needs help just send me an email or pm. I do my best to answer your questions.

If anyone can't remember what all they expressed interest in seeing.. send me an email.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #259
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenslander View Post
We just booked Premium Pet Loop.
welcome! We are one campsite away from meeting our required 10.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #260
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Tyler , Texas
Just made our reservations for Preferred site. Haven't bought tickets or dining plan yet, still researching. She gave me the dining plan price of $51/day adults and $15/day children (plus change). Does that reflect a discount? Will there be a discount on the park tickets as well?

Stephen

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally