Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #521
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Okay - gals - we gotta pick things up a bit.....I was just lurkin in the "Buffin Buddies" as it has finally picked up a bit - still a bit on the boring side - but them there cat fish are a far cry on our pretty flowers and bon bons and virtual lovey dates of late.

Can we change the subject to something more along the lines of "Girl Power" come on Towdaddy, CatsandI - we need to shake things up a bit.

Someone blow on the fire a bit to make it a tad bigger - okay the heck with that - toss in all those front Gouchos that always seem to be missing out of the vintage trailers - they are over there in a huge stock pile. I just added one to it from Ladybuy and now understand why they all get trashed!!

Codybear I am officially cutting you off for a bit - being -35 with the windchill I can not take your balmy weather anymore - let me be depressed and whallo in our cold winters....how is MI, and IN and NY doing these days???

Almost forgot I found a fridge for my Ladybug with one small problem - I need to get it from Burbank CA - to somewhere within a days drive - Like MI or IN or NY OH or MO or VT or any of the Eastern Sea Board States.

Now of course I would love to drive all the way out there and get it - but I don't have a trailer yet quite up for the task.

Does anyone know of anyone heading out that way? Or friend out that way heading this way. Or anyone that could take it part way - sort of like a connect the dots "road trip"

I would really appreciate any sort of hints, 2nd or 3rd cousin movers, trucking buddies, WBCCI'ers heading to Rallies Cross Country or of course Anyone along the route that maybe heading to the International in Perry GA.

Or just simply some sort of mirical that could get that little LadyBug Fridge here. Now if I had magical powers - I could just summons the 1000's of Ladybugs still in the trailer to go get it

If I had a wish it would be to drive to CA in a vintage motorcycle with a sidecar.....for the fridge

Anyway SilvaSistas - any ideas??? bring'em on love to hear them....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #522
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Codybear, The chocolates are very professional looking. You do have many talents.

The flowers ....Beautiful.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:56 PM   #523
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Girl Power comes in many flavors, mostly chocolate, if this thread is any indication. Gosh that gaucho is really heating up, I think our campfire has turned to bon fire. Well, girlie mush or bravado gush, I'm enjoying the thread and everyone's company.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:56 AM   #524
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
.....but that is the whole point...I am virtually getting bigger and bigger with all these chocolates.
Fess-up how many read one of these delicious posts and then turn it into reality and go and eat

And how many of the northerners with cabin feaver end up diggin in the snow hopping to plant their seeds early to come back inside with frostibite.

This is real dangerous girls - how will we ever know what is real and what is virtual

Bring on the June Rally - I am envious of the Western Gals right now. Anyone want to take a trip?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:33 AM   #525
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Wow! I have missed a lot since being dragged away from the fire for a while by the rest of life.

Sure need that fire to become a bondfire on todays COLD but sunny morning. I just pulled a big pan of corn bread out of the oven - anyone for a chunk with butter and jam? Since it is Lent I am trying to skip the doughnuts and cake. But just have to cheat a bit with a dab of jam.

You gals with your flowers in the warmer cllimes - ohhh I am gren with envy, can't wait for it to warm up here, which seems a long way away on this zero degree moring.

Carol your virtual date sounds "divine" but If I had a magic carpet we would head for Edingburgh to absorb the city and then Finnart and a restored manor house in the hills of the Scottish highlands looking out over Loch Rannoch. And I would insist that the hubby wear his kilt but no haggis for me, and it would be summer with the heather in bloom.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:46 AM   #526
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thumbs up Scotland..

Good morning girls.. Cold here this am .. in Fla but will be up in the 70's soon. Scotland is the most enchanting place I have been to on this earth. I loved it there.. went there for my 50th birthday.. did the British Isles... loved the piping in of the haggis and even ate some... and guess what is worn under those kilts.. nada... loved the ruins, castles, abbeys, and the people.. Edinburgh is wonderful and also the Highlands.. Hope to go back and take the hubby for my 60th... we will see... I promised myself I would go there for 4 months when I retired but guess what I got a wonderful hubby instead
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:21 AM   #527
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Lets go to bonnie Scotland!!

I'm game!! Annie and Nancy sound like great tour guides!!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #528
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Exclamation Scotland

Have been talking with #1 daughter this morining. She and #2 daughter spent two weeks in England and Scotland last spring. They are totaly in love with Scotland. #2 wants to go live there permanantly and #1 is starting to plan a trip for herself and moi starting the first week in June next summer. I am so excited. The roses at Montisfont Abbey are in full bloom then and she knows the head grdener, so that will have to be the first stop, then Stoneheng and the Chapel Well at, Um I can't remember exactly, there are Abby ruins, and then Edinburgh and then Finnart on Loch Rannoch - our Clan ancestral lands. OMG I am so excited - to heck with fancying up my kitchen - a trip to Scotland is much more to be desired
Old 03-06-2007, 07:54 AM   #529
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
aye a wee spot of tea on the moores would do me fine...

As a little girl I got to listen to my Grandad play his pipes - up on Clee Hill, England. My Mom's side lived in Scottland for many years. Mom was born in England on one of their Holidays. I think it was my Grandad's work that moved them to England permanently. He was a structural engineer and used to build bridges in Africa in the WWII.

Now my Dad is Welsh and Wales is a whole other mystical musical country with scenery as spectacular as Scotland. I spent a many Holiday in Anglesey, Cardif and Roseandsea. The Dunes and sea shores are just beautiful.

...and if you are going to live in either place - hmmm you better be rich their cost of living is outrageous.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:19 AM   #530
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I always wanted to see heather on the hill. Nancy and Annie how very exciting to travel abroad! Sharon I meant to tell you at the Rivette Rush that my fraternal grandfather was from Wales and my grandmother from England. Currently I am reading Notes From A Small Island and enjoying the tour.

photography
Old 03-06-2007, 08:20 AM   #531
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
ah - but my daughter is used to the cost of living in Oakland County, MI which is pretty staggering compared to where we llive one county north in Lapeer.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:42 AM   #532
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
......Sharon I meant to tell you at the Rivette Rush that my fraternal grandfather was from Wales and my grandmother from England. .....
ahh so you could be of true celtic blood. It is all in the shape of the head (seriously) feel the back of your head about 3 inches above your spine if you have a curve inwards and then a bump in the middle where the two lobes meet - then you have a "celtic" head - not a kilt head but a true ancestry - or a non watered down clan...

I stem from the Fraser and McGregor Clans on the Scottish side -and for the Welsh - we are one of the true Jones decendants....

For those with girl power out there here is a bit of "i did not know that" for you....

The lot of women. Celtic lands were owned communally, and wealth seems to have been based largely on the size of cattle herd owned. The lot of women was a good deal better than in most societies of that time. They were technically equal to men, owned property, and could choose their own husbands. They could also be war leaders, as Boudicca (Boadicea) later proved. Language.

There was a written Celtic language, but it developed well into Christian times, so for much of Celtic history they relied on oral transmission of culture, primarily through the efforts of bards and poets. These arts were tremendously important to the Celts, and much of what we know of their traditions comes to us today through the old tales and poems that were handed down for generations before eventually being written down.

Druids. Another area where oral traditions were important was in the training of Druids. There has been a lot of nonsense written about Druids, but they were a curious lot; a sort of super-class of priests, political advisors, teachers, healers, and arbitrators. They had their own universities, where traditional knowledge was passed on by rote. They had the right to speak ahead of the king in council, and may have held more authority than the king.

They acted as ambassadors in time of war, they composed verse and upheld the law. They were a sort of glue holding together Celtic culture. The Isle of Anglesey seems to have been held in special esteem by the Celtic-Welsh druids.

read more here http://www.britainexpress.com/wales/...y/iron-age.htm
Old 03-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #533
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Has anyone successfully traced their family tree without having the benefit of family records? I have thought of trying to do this.

I don't know if I have a bump on my head but I feel I may have once been a warrior princess in a previous life. Do we owe the tradition of Xmas trees to the Druids?

What a wonderful mother daughter trip and 60th bday trip. (Nothing worn under the kilts?!)

Tell us more, please.

photography
Old 03-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #534
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Has anyone successfully traced their family tree without having the benefit of family records? I have thought of trying to do this.
Genealogy is fun and addictive Carol. Census records can help fill in gaps. The public libraries in Michigan have free access for patrons on site to ancestry.com and heritage quest, which have census records for all states going way back, also some records from the UK and Europe. There's a free 1880 US census/1881 British/1881 Canadian census on family search The Church of Latter Day Saints has lots of reading room resources too, and there's no pressure to join, many researchers use their reading rooms as they collect lots of genealogical info.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #535
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello Sisters.. My paternal grandmother came from England and was a Barnardo Child... a story in itself.. all my grandparents are from the British Isles... no Celtic head here.. must check out my son's head ... his father is from the Fraser clan...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #536
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Nancy and Steph, and Carol,
I notice you three are in Michigan -
What's the weather like around late July through early August?..my hubby and I have a potential conference we might attend that time in Grand Rapids?
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #537
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
And Vickie! Vickie has a seasonal site at River Ridge RV Resort right there around Grand Rapids. I think I feel another Rivette Rush in the making! Suz is not too far from the area also. I have camped there to visit Vickie several times. Great park and only 3 hours from our house. The weather can vary from hot to moderate but except for a occassional heat wave it isn't usually too hot at all. Maybe someone will post the temp ranges. Wonder if your schedule will allow time to try to get together.

photography
Old 03-06-2007, 05:37 PM   #538
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
.....and the imported GT6921 - now LadyBug a Michy wannabee
Old 03-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #539
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
one more please

Quote:
And Vickie! Vickie has a seasonal site at River Ridge RV Resort right there around Grand Rapids. I think I feel another Rivette Rush in the making! Suz is not too far from the area also. I have camped there to visit Vickie several times. Great park and only 3 hours from our house. The weather can vary from hot to moderate but except for a occassional heat wave it isn't usually too hot at all. Maybe someone will post the temp ranges. Wonder if your schedule will allow time to try to get together.
Yes, Vickie too from Michigan!!..I didn't realize the majority of the gals are from Michigan!!!..we took our safari all the way to Wisconsin several years ago..that was fun..and we stayed just outside of Madison at a KOA..then drove into town to the conference and activities..it would be another 2-3 week trip for sure!!..if we drove across, that would be cool to meet up with y'all..I'll have to do some serious talking w/my hubby
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #540
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
and a very fine import indeed.

photography