Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #161
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Yes you are, really.

Yes, there was no direction from anyone, we were on our own.
Except that the chair of your committee was not one of your own.

And NOW, the revision belongs to the President who is getting input from PIPs. What you think was your final draft, is not the draft we will see. Just wait, they will not fail to disappoint you.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:46 AM   #162
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
I have delayed publishing anything on the Norm Beu remarks at Florida State, because he delivered no surprises.

... reduce the restrictions on the date of the International Rally (reduce costs).
The date of July 4th is important. Perhaps many have forgotten, but that is Wally Byam's Birthday. The original International was a celebration of this. Somewhere along the years(when making rules, carrying flags, and holding grand balls for the past and present presidents became more important) it became a business meeting and no longer a celebration.
As a Host of the Birthday Bash, I can only applaud this move. Those wanting to celebrate the man can, and those that live for the business meetings can go to that( at a time of the year chosen at whim. We all know the club is not a celebration of the product or the creator, it all about celebrating STATUS)
Will "International" be dropped too? "International Birthday Bash has a nice ring to it.
Just for the record, Fourth of July weekend is the slowest of all summer weekends for campgrounds. The one we are having the Bash at was so happy we chose the weekend we did, they even discounted the per person price to make it a better deal for those attending. Convention Centers, now those places charge big bucks Fourth of July weekend.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:40 AM   #163
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Except that the chair of your committee was not one of your own.

And NOW, the revision belongs to the President who is getting input from PIPs. What you think was your final draft, is not the draft we will see. Just wait, they will not fail to disappoint you.
You're intimating the chair resisted change, several of us were mindful of that from the get go , but that wasn't the case with the chair or Joe who is the recording Sec husband.
The committee worked pretty well on a majority rule after debating issues, any of us have the right to put forth a dissenting opinion on an particular point.

That's incorrect, Forrest it has our signatures, unchanged, in accord with RONR a committee's report can't be changed except by the assembly.

Any changes will occur at the delegates meeting.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:50 AM   #164
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Isn't it ironic how adoption of the Revision will require that we put our trust in the very Delegate process that the Revision eliminates?

They are supposed to vote themselves away, but the IBT and EC stay.

Don't be fooled. This isn't streamlining. It is centralization of power, not balance. Eliminating delegates eliminates representation.
You are taking that out of context, can you please wait till you read it to make informative opinions.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:44 AM   #165
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:

That's incorrect, Forrest it has our signatures, unchanged, in accord with RONR a committee's report can't be changed except by the assembly.

Any changes will occur at the delegates meeting

That being the case, there is no justification for the extended review underway. I call on the WBCCI to release the document immediately.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #166
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
You're intimating the chair resisted change... That's incorrect, Forrest it has our signatures, unchanged, in accord with RONR a committee's report can't be changed except by the assembly.

I'm not intimating anything. Change isn't always for the better, things can always get worse.

RONR are subordinate to the current Constitution and Bylaws. It is going to be the President's motion. He owns it and can do whatever he wants with it. Your committee was a "special committee" and he owned that too. You're living in fantasy land my friend if you didn't know that.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #167
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Not the case, in a conference with the full committee and Norm all those issues were discussed.

No fantasies.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #168
Rivet Master

Bob,

I do have a question.

In one post you said that the EC was in the process of "crossing T's and dotting I's"

Now you say
Quote:

Which one is it? The way I understand your last one, what you guys gave to them at the winter IBT meeting cannot be changed. So why would the EC have to cross T's and dot I's?

How can both be correct statements? Sounds like Forrest is correct on this one.

UPDATE:: OR are you talking about the "committee report" and Forrest is talking about the re-write WBCCI Constitution?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #169
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
yes at the Mid winter not now

Old 02-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #170
Rivet Master

Sorry, I'm from the south where we don't speak "Bob". Can you explain this?

"yes at the Mid winter not now"

Thanks,
Old 02-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #171
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Wait a minute, you're from the Mid Atlantic, not the South

Old 02-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #172
Rivet Master

That's what you people from the north want to call it so you don't have to tell your friends you're moving to the south. Last I checked, Virginia was on the front lines 80% of the time. Ya'll welcome to come down and visit as long as you go home!

Old 02-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #173
2 Rivet Member

1959 18' "Footer"
1968 30' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Appleton , Wisconsin
Quote:
The changes are in review and he will take recommendations from the Executive Committee before it is sent to the membership. ...

When the changes are complete, the revision will be sent to the units (and membership) for action this summer. ...

....If it is passed, there will be an implementation period with new Bylaws created by the Executive Committee
Two comments about the report from Norm's speech at the Florida State Rally.

1. It sure doesn't sound like the document Bob and the committee signed off on will be what is presented. Norm and Bob are definitely telling two different stories. Norm is planning changes to the original draft, or "revision" would not be sent to the units. Explains why we haven't seen the document yet...

2. The EC will create the bylaws... YIKES!!!!! I will get on my soapbox once more - it is in the BYLAWS where the restrictions state you may not attend a WBCCI function in any other brand RV. By "simplifying and streamlining" our lengthy bylaws, what if this piece is missing in the new bylaws? We become just another RV club. Just need to own an Airstream, not use one...
redwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #174
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocker View Post
That being the case, there is no justification for the extended review underway. I call on the WBCCI to release the document immediately.
The information I got at Florida state was That basically The document would be reviewed by the EC, the lawyers would then look at it to make sure it complied with Ohio law, and that it had to be in the hands of the units no later than April 1. Also on the web site in that time frame.

A decision to release it sooner would have to be made by the IP.

What he will do remains to be seen
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #175
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post
Explains why we haven't seen the document yet...
Constitutionally, for this to go to the Delegates Meeting this July, the revision will have to be a President's motion. The IBT didn't get to see it at the mid-winter, so unless they hold a very special meeting, there is no way it can become an IBT motion. Of course, it is definitely not a Unit motion.

So, all that is left, time wise, is for it to be the President's motion. He must have it to HQ by March 1, and then it goes to the Constitution and Bylaws Committee. The C&BC has unti March 20 to produce a report on it. The motion ("revision") plus the report then go to HQ. And then HQ must have both out to all the Unit Presidents no later than April 1.

The Units have until the International Rally to vote on the motion, and instruct their Delegates.

All in all, don't expect to see the "revision" until it is sent out to all the Unit Presidents, somewhere close to April 1.

Bob is right in thinking that the Revision committee's report, signed by them, can not be changed. But their report is not a motion. The motion itself belongs to the President, because it will be HIS MOTION. He has complete control over the wording and contents of HIS MOTION.

Likewise, he is not even obligated to release the committee's report, because all special committees serve at the pleasure of the President. Not being a standing committee, it does not report to the IBT, only to the President. Since the committee is his, so is their report.

See Bylaws, Article III, Committees, "Sec. 8 Special committees may be appointed by the President for the purpose of carrying out projects not within the purview of a standing committee."
Old 02-23-2011, 02:55 AM   #176
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
You and Dona Garner agree completely. I received the same explanation in Sarasota.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:56 AM   #177
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I am raising a virtual glass to all and saying "may your camping year be as fruitful as your winter spent understand the rules of your club"
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #178
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
I am raising a virtual glass to all and saying "may your camping year be as fruitful as your winter spent understand the rules of your club"
I was kinda hoping for a better camping year that that.
Not doing well at all on the understanding thing
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #179
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
You and Dona Garner agree completely. I received the same explanation in Sarasota.
Yikes! That's scary!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #180
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Ouch, that really hurts. I thought you liked us.

Tags
constitution, wbcci