Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1986 32' Excella
vledder , drenthe
how would you feel if you

How would you feel if you bought a trailor from the pics only.
How would you feel if you know that your trailor is going to be loaded on a ship by a bunch of baboons.
How would you feel if you where not alowed to lock the trailor becouse customs must be able to get in.
How would you feel if you could not insure the trailor for transport becouse its to old.
Well I'm starting to feel a bit NERVOUS.
remcolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
So nervous I could not eat, sleep, drink or think. However at some point hopefully before the nervous breakdown I would just let it go and hope for the best and wait to see what arrived.

Good luck my friend I'm sure it will be fine. Just know that when it arrives YOU will have your very own AIRSTREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Lapeer , Michigan
I would feel very nervous too. On the positive side, the trailer has made it through many journeys, so this is one more exciting journey! And if something gets lost or damaged, you can figure that you can now change it to how you want it. I hope that helps you feel a little better! My thooughts are with you until it arrives!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
AIR #8691

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
There are analytical ways to easy your uneasiness about buying a “pig in a poke.” We all know about caveat emptor, let the buyer beware and so on. But there are situations when the unknown “pig” may be worth the risk.

Just use your Fuzzy Logic, i.e. the logic of fuzzy concepts or values- -not that your logic is itself fuzzy. Since you can’t know if the outcome of the risks you’re taking will be good or bad, you have to deal with shades of gray.
So evaluate each known risk and assign a value (say 1 to 10) to partial good outcomes and uncertainty. The closer you estimate a good outcome, the closer you put it at a 10. You have to estimate the degree of truth and trust based on what you know of the people and organizations your dealing with.
Add up those risk values to get a probability or the degree that most everything will turn out OK or not OK.

This approach is not easy or exact, but it gives you something to occupy your mind while awaiting the arrival of your Airstream. However, you already have unconsciously used fuzzy logic to determine it was worth the risk. My advice: “Be happy – Don’t worry.”
Let us know if it arrives safely and as expected, and post some pix.
Good Luck.
JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Hi from an American Woodenshoe to a true Dutch Woodenshoe! What kind of trailer are you waiting for? I had enough nervousness about buying a trailer sight unseen from ebay & picking it up in another state, but can't imagine getting one from another country! You must be a brave Dutchman!

Becky Bandstra-Bultema

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Aurora , Colorado
The deal is done. You won't know the outcome until long after you accept delivery (a personal inspection won't necessarily reveal everything you "need" to know before you buy, will it?), so relax and roll with it.

I'm sure that it represents a substantial capital outlay, but at this point, the potential rewards of ownership should just about even out the anxiety. It may only be a case of unwarranted buyer's remorse caused by the delay between the purchase and delivery.

We wish you the best of luck and ask that you keep all of us posted with pictures of the homecoming.

(Kind of reminds me of the adoption process, in a way.)

Neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote