Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-18-2020, 04:09 PM   #21
cvs

2013 23' FB International
Federal Way , WA
ReserveAmerica.com is keeping an updated list of the state parks and national parks’ status
cvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:17 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnooMc View Post
Is there, or can someone start, a thread with camping related closures all in one place? Like all State parks in that state are closed, rest areas in this state are closed, etc? I'm having trouble finding info.
Don't know if it helps but all New Mexico State Parks have cancelled all overnight camping. They cancelled it while I was at Picacho Peak on I 10 with the next night stay reserved at Caballo State Park in New Mexico.

It was knee-jerk and unprofessional and they used the Covid=19 as an excuse for unprofessionalism. I had to reverse course and stayed at Fool's Hollow State Park (an Arizona State Park) to be able to winterize and reach home in Albuquerque the next day.

Whoever is in charge of New Mexico State Parks obviously doesn't know anything about overnight camping. They gave the okay for daytime picnics but banned overnight camping. I am more isolated in my Airstream than about anywhere. I don't even use their shower and toilet facilities.

New Mexico, the backward state!
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:34 AM   #23
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Thread for camping related closures?

Have a care for those you don’t know and may never meet, who may have been saved from infection by the closure of campgrounds. Not everyone camps as carefully as you, me, or the rest of us here on this forum. You’ve seen those campers. You’ve likely complained bitterly about them. I certainly have. As a volunteer camp host, I’ve seen terrible camper behaviors you would not believe. They’re still out there.

From a local perspective, day use of state parks allows locals to get out and exercise while maintaining social distance. Campgrounds are full of transients, like us, bringing in germs from who knows where, swapping them in the shared facilities, and then carrying that new mix of germs on to the next campground. The workers in those parks then have to get in there and try to sanitize those shared facilities without getting exposed themselves and bringing the virus home to their loved ones.

In this world of pandemic with no cure and no vaccine, an unwillingness to help flatten the curve does not come off as a good look. Be kind. Be thoughtful. Go home, stay safe and healthy, and go camping again once we’ve flattened the curve enough to get closer to normal while we keep looking for a cure and a vaccine.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote