Originally Posted by mvalore
Oddly enough I just fixed ours yesterday. There was an inspection plate where it looked like some was there before. Ours is a Bambi 22FB. It was a nasty job and had to remove the inside shower drain piece just to get to the nut. Nut was split and leaking. Once I replaced the nut and reinstalled everything seems fine. I suspect everything does not line up exactly and may be stressing the connection. However once I got the lay of the land was a half hour job tops. Good luck!
Mine wasnít a half hour, more like an hour plus a two hour trip to the nearest Home Depot for parts.
Below are pictures of what was there and what I replaced it with. Now if I need to work on it again it can all be done from below without having to take the floor drain out to get things apart. Poor original design in my opinion, and it didnít leave any room to flex or for slight misalignment.