Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > PanAmerica > PanAmerica - all model years
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2007, 02:54 PM   #41
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebster
They had a ton of toy haulers....and yes, some were class A's with built in garages. If there was a theme for this year's industry show it was.....toy haulers.

My personal fav was a new 45' Class A Deisel Pusher from Gulfstream called the Constellation. It featured two roadside slides and one full length curbside slide. Needless to say the interior was HUGE. It also featured a 1/2 bath mid coach and a full rear bath with a walk in closet behind the bedroom/media room. that's right I said MEDIA ROOM. The bed was a motorized king sized murphy bed. The bedroom had two media chairs in a slide across from the bed. When the bed was in the "up" position you could view the 50" plasma screen...instant media room. You also gained a 10 x 10 open room. Quite nice and very modern interior.

It was only $350,000
Newell has been doing this for years....imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! They have 4 opposing 3' deep slides in their rear coaches for a total room width of 14'....IN A MOTOR HOME! and a 7'6" ceiling height too!

They invented the use of the Murphy bed in the rear compartment. I've worked on several with this arrangement. One guy even had a complete Bow-Flex gym in his 'aft stateroom'. And yes, he had the required 54" TV under the bed for casual viewing and a 30" above the couch for viewing from the bed when it was down.

I'm still not sure about the 4 TVs that this coach had....but what do ya want for $1.5 Million?
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:29 PM   #42
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
It's all in how you market it I guess! (and who markets it the loudest)
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #43
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
BTW, Lewster, one of our local celebrities is a syndicated conservative radio talk-show host by the name of Neil Boortz and has a home on Marco Island. He just plunked down $1.2 million for a Prevost that was later shown at the fall RV show here in Atlanta. Do you know him yet? Bet you'll get a chance to work on his MOHO soon cause he is the type that probably won't be too good at backing that monster.

On the other hand, he does own his own pane and usually flies it down to Marco Island on weekends and when he gets grounded by the weather he simulcast his show from his in-home radio studio down their. Life's tough.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
Isnt it nice to dream............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........
wait.....a minute. Someone just ask me the price of fuel...LOL.

Low budget RV's are struggling to make it. Million dollar rigs..they can't build em fast enough and with enough aminities. Go to the Prevost site..OMG....2.5 million will get you 5 inside TV's and ONE 52" PLASMA OUTSIDE under the awning with a SLIDE OUT OF THE CHASSIS BAR...HEY..IT even cam equipped with a BAR MAID? Wait....did I mention She charges 2.5 million to drink there? Gold plated faucets and all.
DFord79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:08 AM   #45
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Prevosts rule!

Prevosts are sweet!

I was recently at a sporting event where there were two of them parked 50 yards from me. Guy flips a switch and a big screen and stereo system comes up out of the basement to watch satellite outisde. He didn't have a slide out bar, but he pulled one out from the basement that was about 12' long. Had his own astroturf and everything; guy set up his own world in the coliseum parking lot. It was awesome.

Idoubt I'll ever afford a new one, but I'm sure looking hard at buying a Prevost or MCI bus and doing a conversion!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:28 AM   #46
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster
Blah Blah Blah

Some carry 2 Mercedes....his and hers.......a couple of new Harleys or other very large V-8 motorcycles.......and of course.......the mandatory $20,000 golf cart dressed up to look like a Hummer, '64 Mustang, little red fire truck with full bar in the back.......just let your imagination run wild......these folks do and back it up with their expenditures!
They need to see a therapist

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 12-01-2007, 07:42 AM   #47
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
BTW, Lewster, one of our local celebrities is a syndicated conservative radio talk-show host by the name of Neil Boortz and has a home on Marco Island. He just plunked down $1.2 million for a Prevost that was later shown at the fall RV show here in Atlanta. Do you know him yet? Bet you'll get a chance to work on his MOHO soon cause he is the type that probably won't be too good at backing that monster.

On the other hand, he does own his own pane and usually flies it down to Marco Island on weekends and when he gets grounded by the weather he simulcast his show from his in-home radio studio down their. Life's tough.
Sounds like the 'economy model' !!!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:46 AM   #48
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
I was at Louisville and went through this "PROTOTYPE" also...it is a really neat concept, and that is exactly what it is...a CONCEPT...if they do start producing this unit it will be in 09 and they wil do some more studying on it I am sure...

We also had a short dealer council meeting while we were there...we did talk about this 34' toy hauler unit...the "PAN AMERICA".

Not only would it have toy hauling capacity, but also a good commercial use...

I could see Artstream in one of these...living in the front with a studio in the back...lift the door and sell his beautiful prints and t-shirts! Hey Michael, I know where you can get one when and if they come out!

They could also be used by the physically handicapped...a wheel chair could get into this unit with ease.

So there really are more uses for this unit than just toy hauling...

I suggested that they might make it in different lengths...25', 27', and 30'...so we will see.

I was a hit at the show!

Also coming soon a 23' FB...it has the larger bathroom acroos the back like the 22' Sport...dinette...and bed in front...really neat unit!

Also ordered a 30' FB Classic with a KING SIZE BED!!!
and I mean KING SIZE BED...RESIDENTIAL KING SIZE BED! A super sharp unit!

So there is a little update...I would love some input from you all on these units.

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:57 AM   #49
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
HI G,

I have been avoiding stopping by your place on my cross-country trecks for the obvious reason.........YOU'RE GOING TO COST ME A LOT OF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .

Given these new models.......I'll have to stop by in June on my way to Oregon and maybe do a little horse trading!

Thanks for the inside info!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 08:03 AM   #50
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Harbors , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog1
Also ordered a 30' FB Classic with a KING SIZE BED!!!
and I mean KING SIZE BED...RESIDENTIAL KING SIZE BED! A super sharp unit!
G
Airhog...I don't see the new 30FB floorplan on the AS web site? Anywhere to see it...and the specs?

Is the 30FB only in the Classic?

Thanks...Tom R
TomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:40 AM   #51
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Floorplan

Tom,

This is all I have right now...I don't think they are on the web yet...

Lew...see ya in June!

G
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	z0001z.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	50200   Click image for larger version

Name:	z0002z.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	50201  

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 12-01-2007, 08:43 AM   #52
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International CCD
San Luis Obispo , California
Wow! The 23' Safari FB looks VERY interesting for those of us wanting the FB in a smaller package. Thanks for sharing.
wbrownrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #53
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrownrr
Wow! The 23' Safari FB looks VERY interesting for those of us wanting the FB in a smaller package. Thanks for sharing.
Hey Wayne,

That is what I thought...I really really liked this unit!

Lots of room in a smaller unit...I think it will be a hit!

G

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 12-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #54
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Harbors , Minnesota
Pricing on the 30FB Classic?...similar to the other 30'-31' Classics?

I think that will also be a popular model. Many have gotten used to the King size bed...even though it does appear to be "wall-to-wall" bed Tom R
TomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:19 AM   #55
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Uh, I dunno. The only difference that I see from the past 23 fb (remember the original CCD?) is the dry bath? You actually lose floorspace with this bathroom layout.

Am I missing something? Personally, I like the 23 ft International Sig. More seating, lots of windows, drybath. Plus, you can actually seat 4 + at the table. You lose toespace with the wheels under the dinnette in this "new" FB.
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #56
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
Wow...I like the Classic KING BED. I am a big guy. Big guys don't fit well in Airstreams usually. Especially the beds. NOW....put that KING BED in a Front Bedroon 25 or 28 Safari and yoy can sell me one. I wish I could afford the Classic but its out of my price range. Matter of fact if the 401k don't start behaving better over the next year or so I might have to camp in the front yard......IN A TENT.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:25 AM   #57
_

. , .
thanks for the floor plans g, did you take any photos?

the big rear hatch (should be side hatch) has LOTS of potential

other than the big toy haulers...

which really is 2 different markets (young families with kids OR the ultra high end retirees)

so disabled access and media room and eco toys (bikes, boards) are a better focus.

besides the bunk house design is really one they should be revisiting for family needs.

yea i'm with marc on this 23....

it's just another 23 rotated with an end bath.

and who's a fan of being 'greeted' by the toilet/shower/lavatory at the entry door on a double axle length.

it's time for creative new designs and features and trim,

not just moving the door back and the bed forward.

the down side of the r-d/f-b fad is that a/s has eliminated simple traditional lay outs in the mid size classic lines.

i still prefer a rear bedroom and would like to see them do a quality murphy bed design.

even the 27 front bed classic rotated 180 degrees would be cool, bed back/dinette front/side sofa with wrap windows.

of course what i really want them to do is...

solve the INADEQUATE RUSTY FRAME issue...

and the loose squeaky flooring and paper thin vinyl.

and the wall treatment issue (bare walls isn't a treatment)

and the wimpy/weak shell to body attachment issue

and the corrosion issue.

the the poorly fitting entry doors....

front or rear.

cheers
2air'

they really need to spend more time doing ONE really solid modern interior with durable materials....

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #58
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
2air, I agree with:the down side of the r-d/f-b fad is that a/s has eliminated simple traditional lay outs in the mid size classic lines.

i still prefer a rear bedroom and would like to see them do a quality murphy bed design.

We are looking at the Safari 25 FB and RB. each one has its +/-. I am still a fan of the classic interior even if it is in the Safari decor of the rear twins and front goucho. It is still very appealing to me even tho they seem to sell few of these units since the FB made its apprearance a couple years ago. I like the features of floor space in front on the gaucho and a microwave standard etc. JUST MY 2cents.

But I would love a King bed.....I think I said that already...lol
Old 12-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ms75Argosy
Plus, you can actually seat 4 + at the table. You lose toespace with the wheels under the dinnette in this "new" FB.
Yes, the original 22' International had a crippled dinette -- 2 people only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR
Many have gotten used to the King size bed...even though it does appear to be "wall-to-wall" bed
Yes! Why they bother drawing floor space around these beds. Serves folks right if they only order from the "wish book."

23' -- That should be a wide body?

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #60
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFord79
2 I am still a fan of the classic interior even if it is in the Safari decor of the rear twins and front goucho. It is still very appealing to me ...
yea the twin bed approach is a big plus on space and utility.

so much of the current market is first time buyers and folks looking for yard art or a guest cottage.

so the space needs are different and 'unknown' for this segment.

it's fun to watch folks migrate toward traditional floor plans as their camping volume increases.

with so many 5'ers on the market campgrounds are remodeled some, but most still have fire pits or the next sites hook ups near the 'rear door' patio.

it's still a shell and we make the interior fit our needs, hopefully a/s still understand that.

a king size murphy bed side mounted would be cool.

i'm short and wide, like the rv queen bed...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote