Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Stella's Kitchen
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2021, 01:49 PM   #81
Greyhound Dad

1968 30' Sovereign
Lexington , Kentucky
Go to Lexington Kentucky. Stay at the Kentucky Horse Park Campground. Travel the Bourbon Trail. Info at VisitLex.com.

“Too much of anything is bad. Too much good whiskey is hardly enough.”
Mark Twain
JoelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 01:51 PM   #82
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Asheville , North Carolina
You are killing me. ;-)

I have been a bourbon drinker for many years along with Airstreaming for 7. Last February (2020) I was diagnosed with a third round of Cancer. This time the cancer was in my abdomen which lead to heavy Chemo for 4 months and ultimately the loss of my right kidney. I have been in the hospital for over 70 days in the last year. I am so dry, I could qualify for my one year chip with AA. Now you all start a thread about bourbon......

Good news is I am cancer free again and healing. We have our first Airstream trip in April. Now I just have to get the nephrologist to allow me a celebratory drink.
Thanks for sharing all the good suggestions. I have been a Woodfords devote for years and look forward to sitting around the fire with a nice "neat" celebration.
Keep the post rolling

Jon

'92 Excella 29'
'20 Ram 2500
AIR # 59179
Chillpoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:22 PM   #83
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
Rogers , Arkansas
Neat!

[QUOTE=OTRA15;2472075]Echoing Gary . . . Makers Mark . . . neat.

If you want to purty it up . . . a perfect Manhattan . . . stirred in ice . . . not shaken . . . straight up [no rocks] in a chilled glass . . . with a twist of lemon over . . . not in . . .

If you have to "purty it up" you're drinkin' the wrong stuff.
Most of these mentioned taste just right the way they are. If it needed a twist the distillery would have already added it
Mikebrady62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:41 PM   #84
MSL
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Sharon , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelB View Post
Go to Lexington Kentucky. Stay at the Kentucky Horse Park Campground. Travel the Bourbon Trail. Info at VisitLex.com.

Mark Twain
JoelB, like your Mark Twain quote. Reminded me of an old hot rod adage: "Some is good, more is better, and too much is just enough!"
MSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 04:29 PM   #85
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Sipping on this right now

Picked this awhile back. Just getting around to giving it a try.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6A36A3E6-86F4-41B6-AB71-FEA91300B995.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	391294  
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:06 PM   #86
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelB View Post

Mark Twain
We stayed at the Kentucky Horse Park campground on the 2019 bourbon trail caravan. It was one of the highlights of the trip. The horses are magnificent. I fell in love with Quinn, a Belgian draft horse, who was a sweetheart.

Mike
WBCCI #3960
2019 F150 ecoboost
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 06:04 PM   #87
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Shreveport , Louisiana
Bourbon Trail

Planning on the trail after we get back from Hill Country in Tx. Need some experience. Old Rip Van Winkle ‘Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve’ 15 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey' when I can get it for a reasonable price.
There's a ole saying cant run with the big dogs stay on the porch. any one remember the Jack Daniel's Squires Club one of the best marketing pitches from late 70's through early 90's I was a Squire and own a inch of land going to check out.
Happy Trails
Old 03-21-2021, 06:15 PM   #88
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillpoints View Post
I have been a bourbon drinker for many years along with Airstreaming for 7. Last February (2020) I was diagnosed with a third round of Cancer. This time the cancer was in my abdomen which lead to heavy Chemo for 4 months and ultimately the loss of my right kidney. I have been in the hospital for over 70 days in the last year. I am so dry, I could qualify for my one year chip with AA. Now you all start a thread about bourbon......

Good news is I am cancer free again and healing. We have our first Airstream trip in April. Now I just have to get the nephrologist to allow me a celebratory drink.
Thanks for sharing all the good suggestions. I have been a Woodfords devote for years and look forward to sitting around the fire with a nice "neat" celebration.
Keep the post rolling

Jon
Hi Jon, great news, glad to hear you're doing well. I'm hoping you get that celebratory drink of Woodford, an excellent choice.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:31 PM   #89
1 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Glen Allen , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckasaurus View Post
Very much in Bourbon training here, if it's nothing special it ends up in a Paper Plane. Current fave is Angels Envy.
Took a bottle of Angels Envy as my camping partner on our maiden voyage. Now that’s her registered name with Airstream.

I’ve since discovered Old Tub. It’s unfiltered and delicious. No hoopla and still a decent value.
DJBiggieSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 10:36 PM   #90
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:

Keep the post rolling

Jon
Welcome to the club Jon, I'm glad you're back on the Silver side, I'll tip one for 'ya.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 03-22-2021, 12:05 AM   #91
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' International
Ingleside , Illinois
Wellers is awesome but so hard to get.
JohnandDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 01:56 PM   #92
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
Milford , Ohio
My wife and I are both fans. Evan Williams, Old Crow, and Wild Turkey 101 are some of our favorites.

We have been on the Bourbon Trail and stayed at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in Bardstown, KY. The campground there is nice, but small, and only has a handful of full hookup sites.

Its a camper, therefore it leaks.
blickcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:37 PM   #93
Need to use it more...

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny16 View Post
My go to is Buffalo Trace. Good old Jim Beam when too many bill are do. Hudson’s Baby Bourbon when I feel like treating myself without totally breaking the budget.
Just gotta comment that Jim Beam is making some interesting stuff now. Their Double Oak makes a pretty wonderful Old Fashioned...
ChuckieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:51 PM   #94
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Quote:

Keep the post rolling

Jon

And we know EXACTLY where down to where the chair goes and what they can see when Team Hettrick has the chance for a sip with his bride.

We wish him continued healing and good times.

Ooh was that a minor pun or something?

Gary n Linda
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:27 PM   #95
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandDonna View Post
Wellers is awesome but so hard to get.
I've used this site quite a bit... They have a good selection.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 03-22-2021, 08:52 PM   #96
demijac

2014 27' FB Classic
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to demijac
Looking for least expensive good stuff

So far, that would be Woodford Reserve Double Oaked at around $50, Angel's Envy at around $48, and Four Roses around $35. Any other suggestions in the less than $50 price range?

Cheers!
demijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:05 PM   #97
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by demijac View Post
So far, that would be Woodford Reserve Double Oaked at around $50, Angel's Envy at around $48, and Four Roses around $35. Any other suggestions in the less than $50 price range?

Cheers!
This be mine...

Bob
🇺🇸
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2D57C73A-B91D-4659-87AB-B056A6195DD5_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	286.5 KB
ID:	391402  
Old 03-23-2021, 12:16 AM   #98
1 Rivet Member

2004 28' Safari S/O
Hollister , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweybright View Post
Love the smell, love the essence, can totally cook with it, love the subtle notes all for sure. Just cant take the alcohol burn going down. Help me to get over that then I am totally there.
I will be watching with wonder this thread as I totally understand and get it...just not the burn.
Teach me something I have missed in my xxx years of working in the food industry? I truly understand what I am not getting and would like to get it.....
Add a couple ice cubes let them melt a little bit and enjoy the taste not the burn!
paul417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:52 AM   #99
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Welcome to the club Jon, I'm glad you're back on the Silver side, I'll tip one for 'ya.

Bob
🇺🇸
Much appreciated Bob.

'92 Excella 29'
'20 Ram 2500
AIR # 59179
Old 03-23-2021, 07:55 AM   #100
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Thanks for being our reconnaissance an inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
And we know EXACTLY where down to where the chair goes and what they can see when Team Hettrick has the chance for a sip with his bride.

We wish him continued healing and good times.

Ooh was that a minor pun or something?

Gary n Linda
So looking forward to seeing the view in person. It will be good for my soul.
Thanks for your continued support. Can't wait till we can share a good bourbon together again.

Jon

'92 Excella 29'
'20 Ram 2500
AIR # 59179