Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-28-2002, 06:39 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Logins..

I just wanta know if anyone else has the same problem with signing in as I do. (Constantly asking me for user ID & password)
I don't want to seem to be grip'in but...
For example: When I first sign in on the home page, why isn't that good enough for all of my activities during that session? It seems to me that once I'm sign in, I shouldn't have to be asked for my user name and password every time(so it seems) I want to make a comment or whatever. (Like when I go to the photos and, then wanta come back to the main Forums) I just want to have a good time here "learning abt A/S", not access a secret gov't site. I'd like to know how everyone feels abt this. Andy has done a fantastic job of bring us all together~!!
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 06:51 AM   #2
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
its the cookies.
In your user options of the forum, you need to click yes here:
Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)
In your browser you have to enable using cookies:
i.e. Internet explorer:
View
Internet options
Advanced
Cookies
Always accept cookies
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 12:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
logins

Thanks..How did I ever over look that?? My path was slightly different than your outline but, once I got there I saw the errors of my way. lol
What I did was go to the advance settings and, allow cookies from this 'URL' only in the security level that allows me to roam freely.(without having to fill-out user id and password)
Thanks again,

BTW, this may be another subject thread..lol but, it warrants comment. It has happened several times when using the spellcheck on here. My message just went pooooof~ lost. Not sure why but, what I do now before I do a spellcheck is 'copy' the message..lol. that way, I still have it if I lose it~
(Is Sir James BOND LURKING AROUND??)
NEU #64
New England Unit
Old 06-28-2002, 10:15 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Spellchecker

Quote:
when using the spellcheck on here. My message just went pooooof
Don't feel alone. The very first time I used it, I lost 4 BIG paragraphs of instructions with several links in it that I had edited on for about an hour.

The spell checker we are using is a "free" vbulletin hack that we are trying to test out. I have gone back to editing and spell checking in MS Word, then I cut and paste into the reply field before hitting submit.

-BobbyWright

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 01:05 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Talking Poof'd

Thanks for the input Bobby..It had me goin for awhile there. At first, I wasn't sure if it was tied in with my problems with log'in or not. Like you, after I lost my first 'big one' I resorted to the copy and paste method using the spellchecker in outlook express. Kinda awkward but, as it's free...
NEU #64
New England Unit
Old 06-29-2002, 01:10 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
One that was lost but found

Here's one that I lost several days ago and, just found it..lol

BobbyW, KEWL~!! Nice job~ I can see what you're sayin abt the differences. I sorta felt the same way when I went from the old rusty steel wheels to shiny new alum wheels. I did have one question abt the work done on your wheel/shock assy. Lookin at the pictures makes me wonder...Did the shop put that red jack under your axle or, was it under section of the frame?? The reason I'm askin is; Last year when we took a tour of the factory, the tour guide(who had retired from A/S but....couldn't give it up, lol) mention that one of the biggest mistakes ppl makes is jackin the trailer up under the axle and, not using the frame. I asked him while we're out on the factory line to show us just where it would be safe to put a jack under a A/S..It seems that by puttin a jack under the axle causes it to become twisted as such and, ends up needing to be replaced. Maybe Andy of InlandRV could comment on this in terms that make more sense?? The reason for my interest in this and, askin the question; I had heard that you should 'jack your tires' off the ground durin long term non-use. I never got around to it as such except to just put a plywood board under the wheels. But, at the time, my thinkin was to buy some jacks, put them under the axle(yuck...in hindsight) figurin that since they're attached to the wheels...right? they'd be the logical place to put the jacks under..Whoooo, not so..I'm told.
Was just curious if I saw it that way from your pictures or, it could just the way I'm lookin at it.
Again, it's really looks fantastic~!!
ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit