Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2022, 02:40 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Vancouver , British Columbia
For Flying Cloud 25FB Users

Hello,

Just a simple question. In the 25FB Queen, how many cm we have between the bottom of the bed and the wall of the window?

Thanks for your help.

Philippe
PhilouCerise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 12:30 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Northern , Ontario
Roughly 58 cms for from the base of the bed frame to the wall.
Aluminium Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 11:37 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Thanks Mister Aluminium. 57 cm... So tight !

An other question for the owners with twin beds. How many centimeters do you have between the two frames of two beds. I want to replace the night table by a desk.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2022, 08:09 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

We have a 2015 25fb twin. I just went out and measured the distance along the front of the nightstand with the underbed storage doors in the open position. The distance between the bedframes is exactly 36".

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:40 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
KIRKLAND , WA
Our 2018 FC 25 FBT is in storage, so I can't measure the distance but 36 inches sounds about right. We thought we wanted a queen, but found the twin used in 2020 and really enjoy it. We think the TB is much better than the queen. Very easy for either of us to exit the bed to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.
ATaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:22 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Thanks

91 cm... It's very good. It's perfect to add a desk.

I prepare the screwdriver, the wood and my traditional handsaw. Before I need to make a Autocad drawing.

Thank you again
Old 08-12-2022, 02:03 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATaber View Post
Our 2018 FC 25 FBT is in storage, so I can't measure the distance but 36 inches sounds about right. We thought we wanted a queen, but found the twin used in 2020 and really enjoy it. We think the TB is much better than the queen. Very easy for either of us to exit the bed to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Until you hug a freezing cold Aluminum skin with a pen to the world outside locker exposed to heat and cold yea we had that been there tied it from 20 degrees to 120 degrees. Sold it now a new Airsteam living the with tight edges and very comfortable queen bed.

Remember that day we said oh my twins how light and bright and open. Three days into our first trip I heard across the isle well these are horrible.
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 03:10 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
1987 29' Sovereign
1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilouCerise View Post
Hello,

Just a simple question. In the 25FB Queen, how many cm we have between the bottom of the bed and the wall of the window?

Thanks for your help.

Philippe

Just another thought on the subject…
I haven’t measured the space on side or bottom of our queen but we’ve had the twin beds previously and now have the queen. Had heard owners say the queen is a difficult configuration but we love ours. Of course, we also loved our twins although they were in a longer trailer so more space every way around. Not sure why some find the queen not to their liking as we don’t really mind. Maybe the fact that we just use a comforter as bedspread it’s pretty easy to make the bed. The bottom fitted sheet will challenge my stretch but so did the rounded and square corners when making the twin beds and with those I had to repeat that challenge for two beds. As far as getting up at night I think I just acclimated to sitting then scooting to bottom so as not to wake hubby. Not a problem for us and we are decades past 50 so if we manage I have to giggle when I read others comments that they cannot get in/out. Yes, we miss the long visual open space between the twins but with the queen we have less “wasted” floor space, or perhaps unused floor space might be a bette way to put it. And it is nice not rolling over into a chilly or warm aluminum wall.

FWIW, I think many sweat the small stuff instead of just addressing concerns about more important cares.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
369goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 03:45 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Northern , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by 369goose View Post
Just another thought on the subject…
I haven’t measured the space on side or bottom of our queen but we’ve had the twin beds previously and now have the queen. Had heard owners say the queen is a difficult configuration but we love ours. Of course, we also loved our twins although they were in a longer trailer so more space every way around. Not sure why some find the queen not to their liking as we don’t really mind. Maybe the fact that we just use a comforter as bedspread it’s pretty easy to make the bed. The bottom fitted sheet will challenge my stretch but so did the rounded and square corners when making the twin beds and with those I had to repeat that challenge for two beds. As far as getting up at night I think I just acclimated to sitting then scooting to bottom so as not to wake hubby. Not a problem for us and we are decades past 50 so if we manage I have to giggle when I read others comments that they cannot get in/out. Yes, we miss the long visual open space between the twins but with the queen we have less “wasted” floor space, or perhaps unused floor space might be a bette way to put it. And it is nice not rolling over into a chilly or warm aluminum wall.

FWIW, I think many sweat the small stuff instead of just addressing concerns about more important cares.
I totally agree. Twin beds were a non-starter for my wife and I. We are really enjoying the queen bed and have a hard time understanding all the complaints and negative comments about it. It is very comfortable. I sleep on the window side and also find it easy to simply scoot down to the bottom to get out of bed. We use a Beddy’s one-piece unit, which allows us to easily make the bed. Definitely count us in the queen bed camp!
Old 08-13-2022, 12:23 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

The cold of Aluminium. I didn't think about it but If a a include a small desk in the bedroom I think the only solution is the 27 Twin. With queen in the 25 or 27 it will be difficult...
Old 08-13-2022, 07:16 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Northern , Ontario
Quote:
The cold of Aluminium. I didn't think about it but If a a include a small desk in the bedroom I think the only solution is the 27 Twin. With queen in the 25 or 27 it will be difficult...
I do not know what your exact plan is, but if you choose the desk option, wouldn’t you have two separate work areas: the dinette table and the desk?

Matière à réflexion.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:34 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
Aluminized Bubble insulation works well to buffer against the " Cold Aluminum"; others use it for windows against heat and cold. We use it when temps outdoors fall into the low 50s or 40s. Bought a roll at Home Depot and keep it stored under one of the beds. cut to 10" wide just nicely drops between the mattress and wall to hold it in place while sleeping. I just pull the comforter over my hands!

JCW
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 11:58 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminium Falcon View Post
I do not know what your exact plan is, but if you choose the desk option, wouldn’t you have two separate work areas: the dinette table and the desk?

Matière à réflexion.
Yes I thought of the dinette to work but I don't want to remove all the material every time I eat. Grease on documents is not great!!!

In 2022 the man is no longer the only one to have an office. But of course, the dinette remains the ultimate solution. To meditate!

Thanks

Rome ne s'est pas construite en 1 jour !
Old 08-16-2022, 12:00 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWDCW View Post
Aluminized Bubble insulation works well to buffer against the " Cold Aluminum"; others use it for windows against heat and cold. We use it when temps outdoors fall into the low 50s or 40s. Bought a roll at Home Depot and keep it stored under one of the beds. cut to 10" wide just nicely drops between the mattress and wall to hold it in place while sleeping. I just pull the comforter over my hands!

JCW
Do you have a picture to see the problem and the solution?

Thanks
Old 08-16-2022, 12:25 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2022 28' Pottery Barn
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , California
+1 for the Queen bed. No brainer.
WellSaid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 10:48 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

I like to take up all the space in my bed. This may be the headache here with mom.

+1 for the twin bed. Even if i'm all wet against the wall in the morning I refuse to work on the queen...

At this rate I think there will be a battle to take the only office of this Flying Cloud 27 Desk Option.

I feel that soon you were told me that on the new F150s there is an Interior Work Surface option.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:42 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1981 25' Excella II
Palo Alto , California
There is another option. Consider a vintage trailer and create your own floor plan that suits your needs.

Don’t get me wrong it’s going to be a lot of effort. And will take time ( we bought ours 2 years ago and it should be ready in the next month). And if you outsource it it might cost you more than an equivalent new one.
But it will be custom to your needs, which may let you get what you need into a 25’, which per your other threads may enable some easier choices on tow vehicles and more
Mullers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 09:42 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
The cold of Aluminium. I didn't think about it
I have a sideways queen, but would seriously consider twins.
As far as cold aluminum, yes. But a simple solution would be to have an upholsterer or marine cushion maker do a closed cell foam(Polyethylene) pad 1" thick x 2' x 7' or whatever you need. Try a Yoga pad first! Have it covered in matching fabric as your beds or Sunbrella, and attach it to the wall with snaps or velcro or just lean it there.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:16 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2023 25' International
Fayetteville , North Carolina
Remember the night stand drawer sits on top of the front trunk.
barnhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 11:50 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Ocala , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminium Falcon View Post
I totally agree. Twin beds were a non-starter for my wife and I. We are really enjoying the queen bed and have a hard time understanding all the complaints and negative comments about it. It is very comfortable. I sleep on the window side and also find it easy to simply scoot down to the bottom to get out of bed. We use a Beddy’s one-piece unit, which allows us to easily make the bed. Definitely count us in the queen bed camp!
Yep, what he said!

We use a “one piece “ bedding set from RV Bedbag. After 45 years sleeping together the last thing we want to do is sleep separately. Had a 19’ Carsvelle with a corner bed and my shoulder froze against the aluminum wall unless I put a blanket between me and the wall. Cold in summer from air conditioning and cold in winter because it’s winter.
One Smith is offline   Reply With Quote