Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2020, 06:46 AM   #1

2019 16' Sport
Bluffton , South Carolina
2019 Bambi ongoing leak

Hello All - We have a 2019 16' Bambi and have had an ongoing leak. The water comes in from somewhere behind the refrigerator/settee. The dealer has resealed the roof twice and we still have water coming in. The floor is stained in places from the water intrusion. Worried about subfloor rot and mildew now. Ugh! Love the Bambi, but not this water intrusion.
CGRaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:11 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGRaines View Post
Hello All - We have a 2019 16' Bambi and have had an ongoing leak. The water comes in from somewhere behind the refrigerator/settee. The dealer has resealed the roof twice and we still have water coming in. The floor is stained in places from the water intrusion. Worried about subfloor rot and mildew now. Ugh! Love the Bambi, but not this water intrusion.

I had a 2015, 16 foot Bambi but did not have that problem. What I’m going to say you may have already tried but two things come to mind. Be careful with washing not to spray water on the vent covers (may also include rainwater) and the other one is the condensation line in the bottom outside cover. Make sure it is where the condensation will flow outside and not back under the fridge. I feel your frustration and wish you the best of luck.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:30 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
The first time we camped in a thunderstorm, the front bed got a bit wet. When the service center couldn't find any obvious leaks around the front windows, they pressurized my trailer and sprayed the exterior with soapy water. The bubbles showed the location of water intrusion.

In my experience, the cost of this diagnosis and the subsequent repair was covered under my manufacturer's warranty. I understand that the pressurization process can be a bit expensive, so Airstream doesn't like to cover this as an initial diagnostic. However, if your dealer has sealed everything and you're still getting wet inside, it might be time to ask for it.

If for some reason your service center doesn't have this capability, take it to someone who does. Be sure to get pre-approval from Airstream for any non-Airstream shop repairs.
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:51 AM   #4
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGRaines View Post
Hi CGRaines,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
Old 06-13-2021, 11:08 AM   #5
Eric

2019 25' Flying Cloud
tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybauman View Post
The first time we camped in a thunderstorm, the front bed got a bit wet. When the service center couldn't find any obvious leaks around the front windows, they pressurized my trailer and sprayed the exterior with soapy water. The bubbles showed the location of water intrusion.

In my experience, the cost of this diagnosis and the subsequent repair was covered under my manufacturer's warranty. I understand that the pressurization process can be a bit expensive, so Airstream doesn't like to cover this as an initial diagnostic. However, if your dealer has sealed everything and you're still getting wet inside, it might be time to ask for it.

If for some reason your service center doesn't have this capability, take it to someone who does. Be sure to get pre-approval from Airstream for any non-Airstream shop repairs.
Hi .. where did you get the pressurized test done? is this something that any service dealer can perform?

Thanks in advance
laferic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:39 AM   #6

2019 16' Sport
Bluffton , South Carolina
Reply to Pressure Test

Some of the Airstream dealers can do a pressure test. Our leak was from some sort of defect in the side wall where the refrigerator vent is located. Given the fact that water had leaked into the subfloor, it was bought back by the Dealership. We did not want a "new" airstream with that sort of water damage.
CGRaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:23 AM   #7
Eric

2019 25' Flying Cloud
tucson , Arizona
CGRaines - Thank you so much.
laferic is offline   Reply With Quote