Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2003, 10:34 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1998 28' Excella
Pensacola , Florida
Thumbs up Fantastic Fan

To ALCON,

I recently purchased a used 25' Classic Excella TT, and am in the process of repairing some problems as well as correcting some factory boo boos (maybe I'll post those on another thread and report to A/S, but I digress)! With regards to the Fantastic Fan, I have nothing but words of praise for this company! My A/S is a 1999 model, well out of warranty. My Fantastic fan is the deluxe model, with auto/manual, in-out switch, 3 speed, rain sensor. The mechanism that drives the cover up and down in the auto mode had stripped gears, and would not drive the lift mechanism, either direction, nor could it be activated manually. I pulled the mechanism out, and could then drive the cover up and down manually by twisting the lift mecahism shaft. I called the company, and explained the problem, fully prepared to give my credit card number for purchase and shipping. They asked my A/S model and year, then name and address. I said "fine, now what will be the total charges"? To my surprise, the technician said "no charges, sir" to which I said "really"? Then the technician repeated that wonderful phrase, adding that they would also include a new lifting arm, to which I gleefully responded by saying "thanks, and what a great company to stand behind their product like that." Three days later, I received the package, and installed everything in less than an hour. It works great! I am well pleased, and wanted to pass on the positive remarks to this forum.

Jim and Bonnie Lewis, WBCCI # 5652
jalewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 06:16 AM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
This isn't the first comment like this either. The folks at Fantastic are very good about parts and service on their gear. If I recall correctly, Zip Dee is the similar with their support, although I am unsure if they stand behind the product like Fantastic does.

On a side note of Fantastic Fans, I got off the phone with the factory last Thursday and they tell me that (and this may only be a Safari thing, but if you order a new coach, well worth asking) they are phasing out the exhaust and intake Fantastic Fans going with exhaust only fans as soon as current stock of the dual purpose fans is gone. The new fans will still have thermostats and rain sensors, but will only have the exhaust feature.

My order for the new Safari may or may not make it in time for the old fan........

Of course, Fantastic Fan being what it is (getting upgrade parts for the base units and such), I am sure this might be a popular upgrade mod should this info actually be true and folks really miss the intake features of the fan.....

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote