Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2003, 02:08 PM   #1
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Talking Fantasic (fan) question

For those who have within the last year or so, purchased a new Airstream Safari, Bambi, or non-CCD International, and got the fantastic fan option (through whichever package it was in or otherwise) can you please tell me what Fantastic Fan they install?

Does it come with the ability to pull air in and push air out? Rain sensor? Thermostat?

Many thanks in advance.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 10:13 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Re: Fantasic (fan) question

Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
For those who have within the last year or so, purchased a new Airstream Safari, Bambi, or non-CCD International, and got the fantastic fan option (through whichever package it was in or otherwise) can you please tell me what Fantastic Fan they install?

Does it come with the ability to pull air in and push air out? Rain sensor? Thermostat?

Many thanks in advance.

Eric
The fans on my Safari , intake and exhaust , have the rain sensor feature , and a thermostat . I have just read tonight on the forum that the fan nearest the black water vent will only exhaust , so not to pull in bad gasses . I have never played with the fan direction yet , just took delivery . The fans can be operated in full automatic mode , or you can overide to manual . Craig
Craig1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 05:02 AM   #3
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
My 2003 Safari SS was ordered with 2 Fantastic Fans, which are identical. Both have 3 speeds, direction selection (in or out), rain sensors and thermostats (built into the fan, not on the wall).

I run one blowing out and one sucking in, and it creates quite a movement of air throughout the trailer.

Malcolm
kamadeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 06:28 AM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Thanks for the info all. To my shock, I had not expected a rear vent fantastic fan. Glad to hear the one in front is the full package one. You both got the Safari upgrade package and it just came with the two vents (one fully functional in front and exhaust only in rear)? Just so I am hearing you right, it sounds like the front one does have all the goodies, but does the rear one does also have a rain sensor and thermostat too (minus intake features)? Craig, yours is an '04 based on you just taking delivery?

If you didn't get the Safari upgrade package, did you special order it that way or did it just come that way with the Safari upgrade package?

While I have you recent Safari folks, how is the fit and finish in your 03 Malcom, and if I am right Craig, your '04?

Thanks,

Eric
Old 09-22-2003, 08:53 AM   #5
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Eric

Yes, I do have a 2003 Safari SS. I did not get the "LS" package, but rather ordered the two fans as options. The two fans are identical in every respect including exhaust/intake, rain sensor and thermostats.

I have commented elsewhere about the fit & finish on my Safari, apart from a couple of very minor things, I have no complaints about the quality of my Safari. When I compare it to other SOBs out there, including mega buck 5th wheels, it is head & shoulders above them. I also happen to have a great dealer, who makes sure things are working and fit right before delivery the trailer.

Malcolm
kamadeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 10:11 AM   #6
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Malcom,

Thanks for the info. I wish your dealer was around here!

Eric
Old 09-22-2003, 12:02 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
I have just read tonight on the forum that the fan nearest the black water vent will only exhaust , so not to pull in bad gasses . I have never played with the fan direction yet , just took delivery . The fans can be operated in full automatic mode , or you can overide to manual . Craig
We also just recently took delivery and thought they were both identical, since they sure looked like so, but when we pressed the invert switch of the rear fan instead of changing direction the it simply shut off!

The service dept. was surprised also and when he dismounted the unit and found that the wiring was missing he contacted As whom explained the black tank exhaust problem and how it is actually illegal to have it work both ways.

Probably on the Safari the exhaust of the blk tank is far enough from the fan to allow the two modes...