Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Sweet!! Mine's in the box & stashed in the basement along with all the other stuff for the Bambi II redo. Glad to hear it works so well!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostream

Got it (Jack Antenna) on, and have to say the reception performance is very noticeable. I'm now picking up stations I didn't know existed! Added bonus is I get back prime roof real estate which allows me to add another AM Solar panel !
Congratulations ostream! Glad to hear you completed the project successfully. BTW, an AM Solar panel now resides on my roof where my old antenna once cradled.
UAPachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
I bought a Jack antenna for my 66 Tradewind and have installed it on a portable flag pole along with the American flag. I carry the flag pole in the back of my truck and just install it when I need it. I tested it last weekend and am very happy with the performance.

What do you folks think. Do you think that I need more space between the flag and the Jack antenna?

It you would like more details take a look at posts 20-22 in the following link:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f116...s-94152-2.html

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9025.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	703.0 KB
ID:	184876   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9023.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	533.7 KB
ID:	184877  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9026.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	184878  
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #24
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybillrae View Post
Anyone else try an indoor antenna? There's not a whole lot of room inside a Bambi II, so I'm not sure if that's the route to go. It would be easy, though!
Winegard Rayzar. Sticks to a window, weighs ounces. I use one in my apartment as a backup to cable, for storm events when the cable company loses power but my apartment doesn't (which has been at least twice since February). Since it's held on with suction cups, you can easily move it from window to window until you find the best reception. At home (New Orleans metro area) mine pulls in 22 HDTV boardcast stations. My previous digital rabbit ears only pulled in 18 stations.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Jack 12v in/out power supply

The jack TV antenna comes with a 120v ac in/12v dc out power supply. The power supply is required to operate the antenna. If you are boondocking, you will either need an inverter to plug the power supply into or use a 12v in/out power supply. I had a couple of 12v power supply cords laying around but the 12v pin output was not the correct size for the antenna electronic black box. I went to Radio Shack to see what they had. They have a power supply, but you buy it in two parts- the first part plugs into the 12v "cigarette lighter receptacle". It is about $10. Then you pay about $7 for the pin adaptor that plugs into the antenna electronic black box. I measured the size and it is 3.5 mm, but that does not seem to be used to identify this part. There are about 15 different sizes and you just buy the right one that fits into the hole and works. I just did not like the idea of spending $17 and having to buy 2 different pieces to solve the problem.

I came home and googled Amazon to see what they had. Up popped a 12v power supply for Sirius radio. It was only $5 with free shipping and looked like the correct size. I decided to take a chance on it. Well I ordered it Tuesday and it came in today and it fits and works just fine. So if you want a 12v power supply for your Jack antenna and don't want to mess with an inverter here is the link to order this unit from Amazon:

Amazon.com: SIRIUS Radio 12 volt DC Universal Car Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter: Car Electronics

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Your application for the Jack is pretty cool, Dan! I went the conventional route and mounted mine to the roof. While I'm not entirely sure I love it up there, it works fantastic. If it bothers me enough in a year or two, I'll have to put it on a flag pole!Click image for larger version

Name:	curbside front finished F9.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	184933

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote