Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2022, 02:50 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvr_Bullet View Post
If you wanted to pay, they would have. What did you have repaired?
2 separate upper rear hits. One from a campground tree limb hit and one cranial-in-absentia hit. Same 2 rear upper panels. Both insurance claims.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Airstream Forums mobile app

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:42 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Selbyville , Delaware
If you don't want to go to JC, and you are moving to Ann Arbor, try Woodland Airstream in Grand Rapids. They do major renovations and repairs there - www.woodlandairstream.com. You can see some of the renovations they've done. Good Luck!
WBCCI #9026 Delmarva Unit
jamieb1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:03 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Fort Myers , Florida
I recently had damage to two lower panels on the backside. No internal damage.
I sent photos to Airstream and they gave me a quote based on the pictures.
Their quote $9500. I had it done at a recommended Airstream dealer and it cost $9200. It was damaged by another persons boat in a storage so it didn't cost me anything except the inconvenience.
So I would contact Airstream direct and get them to give you a quote based on the details and pictures and go from there.
dudleymar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 07:54 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
Decatur , GA Georgia
Two years ago a tree fell across the front end cap denting two front panels of my 2005 28 foot Safari. The dent went across a seam and was about 2 inches deep in each panel. Cost to replace two end cap sections was $6237 which $4000 was labor. Their was no interior damage and the rib between the two panels was not replaced (if their is a rib) . Southland RV Atlanta did the work and the results looked like new, after two years no leaks. My insurance paid for the repair without complaint or questioning the estimate. The insurance adjuster was aware of Airstreams and repair cost.

I send this only to give you the cost of replacing two panels two years ago in Atlanta Ga. Your cost will be different and replacing the window will add to the cost. Hidden damage, bent ribs, replacing moldings ext will add to the cost.

Having the mother ship do the repairs is the best way to go as their guys are the best folks available to work on Airstreams.
Decatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 12:59 AM   #25
ASTRID's Owner

1999 25' Safari
Running Springs , CA
Use the insurance, Luke

As someone else already suggested, get ready to file an insurance claim. You weren't driving it when the branch landed on it, so you are not at fault. Be prepared to pay the deductible. While it's out of service anyway, think about doing any other updates or upgrades you're dreaming about.

Case in point: I hit a curb and bent an axle on my 1999 Safari. I searched around for cheaper alternatives, like someone to unbend the axle. No one could promise it would actually be straight. Ended up replacing both axles on an insurance claim. They need to match load rating and drop angle. Couldn't get that match for the 20-year-old trailer axles. Over $5000. While it was apart, I had them install the 3-inch lift kit. I paid the $500 deductible plus the cost of the lift kit. My first claim ever, so my rates didn't go up on the trailer insurance.

Now I drive more cautiously than ever!

-Greg
gjsittler is offline   Reply With Quote