Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2021, 09:46 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Vestal , Arizona
Storage for two weeks in Seattle

Hello fellow Airstreamers,
We are on a cross country road trip from NY since November 2020 in our 2021 23’ Globetrotter and have enjoyed our first time RVing experience immensely. We drove along the East coast all the way to Key west, took a southernly rout to the west coast at a leisurely pace. Currently in Northern California and plan to be in Seattle area around July 10th.
We need to fly back to the east coast from July 13th to July 27th to take care of some personal business and want to store our RV and the tow vehicle. Anyone sharing information or have leads to a secure storage place near the SeaTac airport will be highly appreciated. I found one “ Guy RV &boat storage “ in Renton , let me know if anyone has a feedback about the place.
Thanks,

Sanjay
Sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:01 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Anchorage , Alaska
Up in Anacortes there is Anacortes Marine Group. We stored there a few years ago. They’re a boat storage place, but will take RVs. It’s very roomie as they are set up for storing boats and they also have room in the summer as a result. I believe they have a minimum one month charge. They’re not by SeaTac, but there is a bus service (Belaire something?) that willl take you to the airport inexpensively.
AKNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:12 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Raleigh , NC
We did something similar in 2018. We could not find a place that would store for two weeks without wanting an exorbitant amount of $. We were staying at Ranier View RV park, a small place near Seattle, and the owners let us park in a field in the back. Although outdoors, I felt it was pretty safe because there was only one way in/out that was camera monitored, and the owners ran a tight ship.
JoeHTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:02 PM   #4
Maxine-A

2019 25' International
Tacoma , Washington
WA Land Yacht Harbor RV Park

WA Land Yacht Yacht Harbor RV Park, washingtonlandyachtharbor.com, also has sites with utilities. Many local attractions. I met a man in my neighborhood who stores his 2 AS trailers there. Take a shuttle to SeaTac. A bit further out, however you would be in the midst of many AS owners, and those permanent residences who park their Streams next to their homes. Best, J
Silver Ship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:44 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2018 19' Flying Cloud
Newport , Washington
Make an appointment with the nearest Airstream dealer to have some small item dealt with. If they are like most dealers they are swamped and it will sit on their lot untouched. Then when you get back just tell them you changed your mind and go on your merry way.

2018 Flying Cloud 19
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Diesel
KelloggKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:54 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' International
Lakewood , Washington
WA Dealer

The Airstream Adventures dealership is now located in Milton, WA, about 5 miles East of I-5 and Federal Way and just south of SeaTac Airport 20 minutes or so. The new location has fenced in storage and is quite populated with private AS. 253.881.8700 is their main number. Closed on Sunday/Monday's.
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 09:18 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Olympia , Washington
http://www.washingtonlandyachtharbor...lestorage.html

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/47.0...5!2d47.4502499
RIP "BigDog": M Harlequin Great Dane, 150 lb
"St. Rocco": M Black Great Dane, 150 lb
Rgentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:17 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Huntley , Illinois
Our experience at Landyatch Harbor was horrendous. It is not monitored and there is continuous problems with vandalism. They provide storage for junk trailers and cars. Do not assume your rig will be secure there. The clientele is scary. The vandalism and theft cost us $500. The management shrugged off our damage. We are not the first airstreamers to provide a negative review. Not a good area, poor oversight, sketchy clientele, lack of security. No one will watch over your rig. Pay for security.
cegardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:04 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
The Airstream Adventures dealership is now located in Milton, WA, about 5 miles East of I-5 and Federal Way and just south of SeaTac Airport 20 minutes or so. The new location has fenced in storage and is quite populated with private AS. 253.881.8700 is their main number. Closed on Sunday/Monday's.

We were just there getting service. They do have a lot of space at their new facility as they don’t have a lot of units available for sale. They may be able to store for you. I’d certainly consider this place for storage if it’s an option. Gates all lock overnight and parking lot is secure in general.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:17 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Vestal , Arizona
Thank You all for the information for storage, really appreciate everyone’s input.
Sanjay
Sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:41 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Give Lake Pleasant RV Park a call in Bothell, WA. I know for certain they have short term RV storage. They usually offer the storage for people that are in town for Alaskan cruises. I know because my dad used to full time there until recently.

http://www.lakepleasantrv.com
dmcgaugh is offline   Reply With Quote