Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2004, 08:40 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Two weeks to our Maiden Vayage

My wife and I have purchased our second Airstream and our first motor home. Sadly, we will be selling our loved and pampered 25' vintage Tradewinds but happily picking up a wonderful classic 1982 280 Turbo Diesel.
We will get to camp one more time in our trailer at a rally this weekend.
Then we will fly into Boston and meet friends who will drive us up to New Hampshire and our new motor home.
The owner is having work done on the suspension and has just had extensive engine work completed. I am not a mechanic; although, I did learn enough to redo our Airstream there was no engine on board. I am certain I will be getting an education but for the drive back to Miwaukee, WI we are considering two routes. One is the scenic route through Canada along a two lane highway few towns and even fewer cities then through the Upper Penisula of Michigan and down the West side of lake Michigan to Milwaukee. That would be my first choice. the second is the road more traveled through Canada, Montreal down to Detroit, to Chicago and up to Milwaukee. We do have road trip insurance through our insurance company but not with Good Sam. What would you suggest the scenic or the road well traveleved for our maiden voyage?
I look forward to sharing and learning on this forum. Our first project will be turning the "double" bed set up to a twin set up. The coach has a rear bath and we know the double is not large enough for two people used to a queen to sleep on comfortably.
Chaplain Kent
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I have the same coach, but just not the diesel.
I would really like to see how you change the bed area, I wondered about this as it is a mid-bedroom. Are you going to redesign the whole bedroom layout?
If you look through the threads here you will find some good info on what to watch out for with your new rig. Be sure to check front and rear air bags and tires for correct inflation as this will drastically affect the ride.
I can tell you that I have had three years of travel with minimal problems in ours, and it has been very enjoyable!
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote