Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2022, 11:13 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Olympia , Washington
Help with an RV Destination Puzzle

Hi,

I have a vintage Airstream that's been in storage in California for about ten years. I am moving to Denver this summer and could use some advice about Colorado and other locations.

I've done a lot of research online but just can't find anything that fits the bill so am turning to this forum for some help.

I've had my rig for about 15 years and this trailer is about the only physical item I kept from my divorce six years ago...so for a lot of reasons, I'm having a hard time selling it and would love to find a great place to land.

What I'm looking for is a great RV resort (electric, water, showers) that has year-round storage...would prefer something mountainous, near a small town for access to food and some activities, charming...somewhere I could go for weekend or weeklong getaways but without much fuss (thus, the onsite storage is somewhat critical...or at least nearby storage that's affordable).

I've also considered a warmer climate location that I could use in the "off season" of Colorado, like Arizona, Joshua Tree, Hill Country area of Texas, New Mexico, SoCal...

Lastly, if anyone knew of a campground or resort of sorts where I could rent out my trailer for use when I'm not there--that'd be extra terrific.

Does anyone have any great suggestions for me, Colorado or otherwise?

Thanks much for the help.

Raz
RazAirstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 12:06 PM   #2
Trailer Sold, Waving

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Stettler , Alberta
Sounds like you are brainstorming, and not settled on "storage" or "rent" among other things. Cactus Country RV Resort is SE of Tucson, has full hookups and an outdoor storage area. Close to Tucson, within weekend range of many cities and attractions. I don't see Denver as an option, but worth talking to the surrounding KOAs to see if you can make a deal. If it was me, I would also look at Albuquerque and Santa Fe for possibilities.
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote