Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-21-2022, 10:24 AM   #1

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Bellevue , Washington
Question Suggestions for RV parks in Denver CO

Good morning Fellow Streamers! I am assisting my daughter in a move to Denver. I was using some apps to locate RV parks close to Denver, however all that I can see are quite aways out of town.
I really don’t want to commute in from Fort Collins every day. Does anyone have any suggestions on Rv parks relatively close in? I get it that RV parks are never in the heart of the city , but it’s a little frustrating.
I’m open to your suggestions. She will be living close to the Denver Tech Center.
Thanks for your help,
Mike
Mike Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 10:30 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
Golden City Clear Creek RV Park
www.cityofgolden.net

Fun little park in downtown Golden hard to get into with restrictions.

Dakota Ridge RV Park in Golden, Colorado 80401
https://dakotaridgerv.com

Colorado Parks & Wildlife - Cherry Creek State Park
https://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/Parks/cherrycreek

Colorado Parks & Wildlife - Chatfield State Park
https://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/chatfield
2022 25RBT FC, 50A Dual AC, Awning Package, 270W Solar, Convection Microwave. Ceramic Coat, Grand Lounge, 3" Lift, 16" Michelin RIBs, Multiplus II, Battleborn 400A, MPPT 100/50, Orion-TR 30, EasyStart (2), Easy Touch, AirKrafters jenRack, Onan 2500i, Truma Aquago Confort, Starlink, Pepwave, Parsec
2012FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 10:57 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Chatfield State Park / Reservoir south Denver

1-800-244-5613 is a Help Line. Chatfield State Park

There is a Campground Map and shows what locations are available and length and if it is a Drive Through or not.

Close to Interstate and Bypass Highways...

www.reserveamerica.com

"Camping fees do not include the cost of a park pass. Every vehicle entering the park, including RVs, must have a park pass for each day they are in the park. Please see http://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pa...pingRules.aspx for more information."

Good Security being a State Park. A big plus when not at the campsite.

We lived in a community west of Roxbrough State Park, which is also a interesting place to visit, but no camping. Also hike and bike up South Platte River at Waterton Canyon just a few miles south of Chatfield. Even some fishing further upstream for 3 to 12 inch trout. Bighorn Sheep will come to you that roam along the River.

Close to Costco to the north and other shopping areas.
Old 04-21-2022, 11:37 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 16' International CCD
Vintage Kin Owner
Somewhere , Colorado
Cherry Creek State Park :

https://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/p...acilities.aspx
field & stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:53 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
We stayed at St. Vrain SP, just east of Longmont. Quiet, expansive sites, but pay showers.
If you have spent time in the Denver area, you will already know about the sky high tolls, which are REALLY sky high if you haven’t set up an account. They go by license plate.
Happy camping!
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 08:22 PM   #6
Trailer Sold, Waving

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Stettler , Alberta
Yea, frustrating. Closest I was able to get was the Denver East KOA in Strasburg.
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 06:35 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Miami , Florida
Check out Bear Creek Lake Park in Longwood. Only electric at sites and you have to bring in your own water but there are shared water spigots around to fill up with. If you can deal with that it's a beautiful county park. Agree with other posts such as Chatfield State Park and Clear Creek (if you can get in there - always booked). There's also Standley Lake in Westminster but no hookups.
pianolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:35 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Elbert , CO
"Denver" encompasses a lot of area. What part of the Denver area are you heading for?
Apparently there's camping at Standley Lake in Westminster and Applewood RV Resort in the Wheat Ridge/Arvada area. Can't vouch for either, but they get reasonably good reviews. I have stayed at the Barr Lake RV Park up in Brighton - wouldn't recommend it.
djb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 08:01 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
I don’t have much to offer because we leave the Denver area when we go camping. That said, have you considered Chief Hosa campground? It’s it the foothills at close to 8,000 feet of elevation so it would give you a mountain feel, but it’s only minutes from Golden and not far from Denver. It’s right off of I-70. I don’t have personal experience with it.

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 08:14 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Castle Rock , Colorado
Cherry Creek State Park is minutes from Denver Tech Center. The park is extremely popular. Hope you can make a reservation for your desired dates.
CloudDancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grapevine , Texas
Denver RV

Cherry Creek Park!!
Near the tech center and fully equipped.
Popular so make reservation!
tommyglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:01 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Glenwood Springs West / Colorado River KOA Holiday in Silt, CO

It's the nicest KOA I've ever seen. Beautiful spot along the Colorado River with a small side creek that ran through the campsite and joined the main river about 150' from the back of our site. We went for the deluxe site with a shade pagoda, picnic table with chairs, propane BBQ, concrete patio, fire pit, two Adirondack chairs and the site backed up to within 20' from the river. A little pricey but I wouldn't consider any other site now that I've been there. Two laundry rooms that were very clean but with so many sites, they could use some more equipment. Cable TV was provided but we saw no reason to use it. Restrooms and showers were adequate and very clean. Great off lease dog run fenced in with lawn. Owners were also fine with dogs swimming in the side stream and having two Labs it was a great benefit. The main river was moving way too fast and near flood lever, but the side stream was fine as long as your dog is a reasonably strong swimmer. Small store with basic foods and RV supplies. A little ways off I-70 so freeway noise was noticed but not distracting. Roads and pads are gravel and flat. It was over 90 degrees when we arrived but the 50 amp and our dual A/C's worked well. I have a electrical monitoring system and the voltage and amperage were adequate and consistent. Low voltage is probably worse than surges for equipment damage. My only complaint is the swimming pool and spa. Nice new pool but full of kids and no adult hours. Spa was for adults only but full of kids when I went there. Weird hours too. I could be wrong but I think it was from 1o to 7.

Somebody mentioned Chatfield state park but I would never go back there again. Here is a part of my review on rvlife.com:
Hot, dry, dusty, no shade, and totally over grown with tall weeds. Roads and pads are paved, level, and flat. Sites are very spacious. It was over 90 degrees when we arrived but the 50 amp and our dual A/Cs worked well. Everywhere there are lots of foxtail weeds which are a serious hazard to dogs. They can get in a dog's nose or between the toes and keep traveling inward, often needing surgery to remove. There also goatheads, a very thorny weed that can puncture bike tires or get stuck in dogs paws so no safe place to walk our dogs except on hot asphalt. I
Old 04-22-2022, 12:36 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Take HHendrix's review of Chatfield SP with a grain of salt. I loved staying there, it was in late September last year when I was on my way to Crater Lake and it was beautiful; and I will go again when in the area. I noticed their complaints seemed to center around how the dogs were vexed by vegetation there. I don't travel with a dog so didn't see this.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 08:01 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Long Lake , Minnesota
Chatfield and Cherry Creek

We've stayed at both Chatfield and Cherry Creek. Both campgrounds (as has been noted) are flat and paved. There are many pull thru sites. Both have easy assess to highways. Both are on the southside of Denver. There are nice bike trails at both parks. Trees? Not so much - some sites in Cherry Creek - Chatfield was more open.
LongLakeMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 09:38 AM   #15
2019 - 33' Classic

2019 33' Classic
Grand Junction , Colorado
If you are a veteran, Buckley Air Force Base (now Space Force) has a Funcamp campground. Nice and full hook ups, no frills. Very secure, LOL! You do have to get security clearance before entering the gate.

Have fun!
RickyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote