Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-23-2003, 10:20 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Question Do the 1978 Tradewinds have Vinylclad walls?

Hi all,

I may be jumping the gun here but was wondering if anyone knew if the 1978 Tradewind International has the vinyl walls?

We checked this trailer out last weekend (I can't remember if the walls had vinyl) and my husband is going over this weekend to check out all the systems. I just read the post about cleaning the vinyl walls with Future Floor Wax. I have been printing off info in anticipation of (maybe) buying this trailer (see what I mean about jumping the gun?).

Just curious if anyone knew the answer? I'll be using SEVERAL ink cartridges for printing off info if we buy the trailer at this rate. Every post I read has something I feel I need to "File".
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 11:10 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Unless it's been removed by a previous owner, which would be a major pain in the tush, a '78 has the vinyl clad walls. We have Zolotone so I have not done this personally, but I have seen the Future treated vinyl clad walls at a rally and they look great! Be sure to clean the walls up real good before you use the Future finish on them though.

Good luck...even if this is a bit of "cart before the horse" syndrome a true sign of a real soon-to-be owner!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 11:18 AM   #3

The walls on our 1971 & 1974 are vinylclad. Original grease layers on the wall. We have a long experience cleaning vinyl, we have tried about every products on the market.
We use only one thing: Super Clean from Castrol. costs about $6 a gallon at WalMart. Very powerful cleaner. Just don't let it stand too long on glass & aluminium.
femuse is offline   Reply With Quote