Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2020, 02:04 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Torrance , California
Need advise

Probably ordering a new AS in the next 1-2 years, and doing as much research as I can now.
I will be either at full hookup sites or if boondocking, no longer than 3 days. I will want to use A/C, microwave, TV etc. I don’t want solar, but if I get lithium batteries, and will they power all of that for 2-3 days? Also are the batteries automatically charged while plugged into shore power ? Thank you
Britbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:33 PM   #2
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Lithium battery capacity to last 3 days running all the high draw appliances will cost you more than the trailer.

Yes, batteries get recharged automatically when connected to the campground power utilities.

The answer to your conundrum is a generator consuming petroleum carbons if you are not seeking solar as the source of power to recharge the batteries while boondocking.

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote