Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2021, 06:30 PM   #1

2021 20' Caravel
Snowmass Village , Colorado
My 2021 Airstream Caravel 20 FB

Hello:

I hope I am barking up the right tree.....
I love my new 2021 Airstream Caravel. I ordered it in mid January 21 and took delivery from Windish RV Center of Lakewood, CO in mid July. Its a very nice upgrade from my 2015 Casita 17 Freedom Deluxe. Now I have room to move and a very comfortable bed, not to mention the HUGE galley and counter space. The walk in shower is a real treat!
Now, one thing I can't seem to figure out. The external quick connect gas for my outdoor grill. I have a small weber grill. I love it. I purchased an adapter for the factory supplied connecting hose which ended with a 3/8" female flanged connector. The adapter i purchased is a 3/8 male treaded to screw into my grill. The same threaded you have on top of a green 'Coleman' gas bottle. However, when I connect it to my grill it does not deliver enough gas to my grill to cook. Barely gets to 200 deg F. When I connect my grill to my 'Coleman' green gas bottle, 500 deg F is not a problem. Can this be because of low pressure? I know the gas exiting at the factory external quick connect hook up has already passed through the on board regulator at the propane tanks and the hose end then screws into a second regulator. Can this be the issue? I don't mind buying a new grill that is more suitable for the on board gas supply, it just needs to be highly portable. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Deebah's Airstream
Deebah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
You nailed it. Have you always been so good at answering your own questions?
Airstream sells a version of the Q grill with a quick connect and no regulator.
Or you can unscrew they existing regulator and works with a plumbing supply store to find the correct intermediate fitting.
If you use the grill around the house, it’s probably worth just buying a second one.
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2021 20' Caravel
Plaistow , New Hampshire
Also love our Caravel 20 FB.
Did purchase the Airstream grill and really like it. Not cheap (what is ?) Did buy a longer hose, found the one they give you a bit short for our liking. Great heat, not tiny but don't consider it big. Wing shelves fold nicely. Good luck.
Old 09-14-2021, 03:23 PM   #4

2021 20' Caravel
Snowmass Village , Colorado
Answer to low pressure grilling problem.....

Thank you for that heads up on the Airstream Q grill by Weber. Its perfect! I have asked my kids to get me one for Christmas!
Deebah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel