Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2021, 04:34 AM   #1

2021 30' Flying Cloud
ATLANTA , GA
Question New Owner 2021 30FB Bunk

So we took delivery of the above in April. This is our first so still learning a lot. Question, we want to boondock on some family owned land thinking we would leave the trailer there when we are not traveling. We want to be able to use the AC, we live in Ga. and also need an aux container for black tank so we don't have to pull the trailer to a dump site as often. Also thinking about septic tank hookup? additionally, possibly a aux water tank to have addition water on site.
Can anyone give me some thoughts on a generator that would power the two AC units, we have factor solar, but realize that won't run the AC. Also, has anyone set up septic or stand alone water tank?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark
mrkcllwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:57 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
San Francisco , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkcllwy View Post
So we took delivery of the above in April. This is our first so still learning a lot. Question, we want to boondock on some family owned land thinking we would leave the trailer there when we are not traveling. We want to be able to use the AC, we live in Ga. and also need an aux container for black tank so we don't have to pull the trailer to a dump site as often. Also thinking about septic tank hookup? additionally, possibly a aux water tank to have addition water on site.
Can anyone give me some thoughts on a generator that would power the two AC units, we have factor solar, but realize that won't run the AC. Also, has anyone set up septic or stand alone water tank?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark
You can run one AC on a 30 amp generator, maybe both if you have softstarts on both ACs.otherwise, use a 50A.

Recommend dual fuel, a large external propane tank sounds like the best approach for your more permanent site.

Example:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0N8256/
XCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:16 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2021 20' Caravel
Plaistow , New Hampshire
Congrats & enjoy.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:15 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
Any chance of putting up a cover to park it under? That would help keep it cooler, keep the elements off and extend the life of everything. If you want to run 2 ACs, you may be able to do it with a 3000 watt generator, but I'd only be guessing. I think some people here do that after adding soft starts to their ACs. I'd suggest a quiet inverter generator like the Champion 3400 I got on Amazon. It comes with dual fuel so you could run it on gas or propane. You used to be able to get one for around $1000, but I guess with the hurricane situation it's now running almost twice that. You may want to wait till hurricane season is over.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote