Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1992 25' Excella
Houston , Texas
Howdy from Texas! (Redux)

Howdy (once again !

We've just changed our forum name to the one we're going to keep throughout our tenure here at the Airstream forums, and just wanted to let everyone know. We're brand new here, so we thought that if we wanted to change the name, now would be the best time! We did this for a few reasons:

1st - many of you have really cool, Airstream related, names, and ours was a little lame;

2nd -Texas has recently opened up new personalized license plates beginning with the letter T, and then 6 letters afterward for a total of 7 characters. That brings us to;

3rd - Our personalized plate for the Airstream will be TINLOVE, but will kinda look like T INLOVE on the plate. So, if you see an Airstream on the road with a Texas flag plate that says TINLOVE, please honk & say "Howdy!"

Oh yeah, and as an update: we made an offer which was accepted on a '92 25ft Excella that's in great shape which we found on the forums. My dad & I will be driving up to NC to pick it up next week!!! It's my wife & my 1st trailer to own, and we're really excited!

Thanks everyone for you help, and really looking forward to Airstreaming!

Sincerely,

Scott t

p.s. - here is our original post under the now defunct texasscott40 login below:

Around 30 yrs ago this little whippersnapper use to have a blast going camping with his grandparents & one particular aunt & uncle across Texas & in parts of Colorado... They owned different flavors of Avion & Silver Streak, respectively. Great memories...

Well, now this particular little guy isn't so little anymore, and has some little whippersnappers of his own that are at the age that they'd love to start camping. Also, we (mom & dad), after years of tent camping, backpacking, and 4 years in the Marine Corps are ready to sleep in the AC at night on a more comfortable bed, and maybe not get rained on as much!!! hehe We're ready to start making our own great memories...

So, we're beginning our search for an Airstream that fits our family of four. I've checked these forums from time to time, but decided it was time to finally officially join. So, Howdy from Texas everyone!
TINLOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Glad to see you got one,we love pictures. Dave
easyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Excellent name . . . I just reversed the last letters of my name (lame).

No lack of A/S in Texas, I see them regularly on my jaunts between Beaumont and Corpus Christi. And, plenty of Silver Streaks as the Houston area group still meets at Coushatta several times yearly.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1992 25' Excella
Houston , Texas
thanks!

Easyride...I'll definitely post some pics when we get back!

Rednax...glad to hear we've got a good base of Airstreams around here! Maybe not the right place to ask, but any good places to stream around Corpus?

Keep Streamin!
Old 05-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Welcome

As early member of Airstream-related name crowd, wanted to welcome and congratulate you.. We love our slightly more mature Excella 25, bought sight unseen from couple in Ft. Worth 7 years ago... yours may well have a few bugs you'll have to work through, but the effort should be worth it, and the Whippersnappers (old and young..) will enjoy it.. Our children are 30-ish, but still have great memories of trips across country and into Canada almost 20 years ago in prior trailer...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:07 AM   #6
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f109...tml#post845005

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f382...ore-28049.html

A now well-known thread. Also, Goose Island State Park. This area is not quite overrun with snow birds (northerners/Canadians escaping winter at home) as it is cooler than the Valley. That said there are RV parks in Rockport or Corpus that allow one to enjoy urban coastal amenities. Goliad La Bahia a ways out.

Best weather is Feb-Apr (no A/C necessary) but Thanksgiving thru Easter is just fine. Mornings into early afternoon can be punishing from May through September, but the breezes here (unlike upper coast) make the evenings lovely. In fact, almost throughout the nine-month A/C season one needs only some shade to stay outside all day.

CC is best understood as being in a humid desert.

Travel plans around birds (Aransas Refuge) or looking into South Texas as cattle kingdom (if history/geography/frontier is of interest); being a North Texas transplant I just didn't conceive of grass that never stops growing. CC dates from just prior to US-Mexican War; this is where Scott assembled the Army. Gigantic air naval air training center in WWII (a pity a Williamsburg style rescue of one of the fields not undertaken); still a home to Navy/Marine air training. USS Lexington on CC Bay a great tour.

This is a city of hunters and fishermen. The sheer variety of fishing is astounding: inland, river, kayak, pier, surf, party boat, big rentals, etc. Nothing else like it on the coast.

A shot of BP Atlantis platform, brand new, leaving the Kiewit yard; from the Port Aransas ferry:

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1992 25' Excella
Houston , Texas
thanks for the info!

Thanks Rednax for all the info! Sounds great I've been to Corpus a couple of times(my cousin went to the A&M branch down there), but never camped.

Condo....Cool name!

Scott t
Old 06-05-2010, 05:19 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1985 25' Sovereign
South Central Rockies... , "...'Stream'n the Dream" thru the USA
Great name, TINLOVE! Welcome back...

WBCCI: 2197; AIR #: 36503; TAC #: NM-5

MaxAB is offline   Reply With Quote