Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2020, 11:03 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUDSEEZ View Post
I have found one in Arizona. They have quoted me a price, just waiting to see what the financing would look like. Colonial is not getting any more in until the fall.

Oh, and all the caps was a typo, autocorrect when setting up my account
I asked because Colonial generally puts out an offer that leaves little room for negotiation. Also I believe that between 10-15 % off MSRP is normally a good deal on the single axle units. Of course there is always someone that got a better deal.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.
Shiny16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:56 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Brooklyn , New York
I have a few calls to make tomorrow. I might try and counter offer if I can find another unit. Right now it seems like everyone is talking about the lack of availability. Dealer is not budging on MSRP.
HUDSEEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 05:14 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUDSEEZ View Post
I have a few calls to make tomorrow. I might try and counter offer if I can find another unit. Right now it seems like everyone is talking about the lack of availability. Dealer is not budging on MSRP.
That’s what I expected. Do your homework but if you really want it I wouldn’t fret about paying full retail right now. You might see better deals in the fall or you might not see another one available for a year. Just like a Hampton or Hudson County rental everything is at a premium this year.
I’m putting any big camping trips on hold this summer with everything that’s going on. Even so I’m thrilled that we have our 16. We spend time in the driveway and some nights at the local state parks. That’s precious for a 12 year old who has most of his year canceled. I would have been more than willing to pay a premium for my unit this year.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:49 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Brooklyn , New York
I backed out of the deal. But one door closes and other other one opens. Might have found a great deal on a 2018 Flying Cloud 19CB. Used twice, kept in doors and being sold by a someone I can trust (long story). Funny, I am learning, you don’t always get to choose the airstream you want, the airstream chooses you.

I am looking at a potential dip in not having much to do work wise in the fall but not being let go. Having a smaller trailer my partner and I can explore Maine and other parts of the local Easter seaboard readily available would be ideal. If I had cash to burn I would have bout the new trailer. BUT I just don’t want to take the hit right now, especially considering they are not budging on the MSRP.
HUDSEEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:04 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
I can’t blame them for not budging from full price. I certainly can understand not being comfortable paying full price. I always felt the time to buy anything is when you find what you really want and your comfortable paying for it. If a used one fits that bill by all means pursue the used one.
If you really are going to have time off just make sure you take advantage of it. If your not sure about an Airstream a tent can travel well. Also New England hotels tend to get much cheaper in the fall.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:43 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

My wife and I ordered at 2021 Caravel 20FB about two weeks ago. It is scheduled for production the first week of September. If you shop around you should be able to get 15% off MSRP. I’m in the mid-Atlantic area.

I was originally hoping to get a leftover 2020 but at 15% off and with the guaranteed composite subfloor we thought a 2021 was a no-brainer for us.

TV1: '22 Ram 2500 Laramie
TV2: '18 BMW X5 35d (awesome for single axle towing!)
Flat6Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:54 AM   #27

2021 20' Caravel
Canton , GA
What dealership did you end up using? We are currently looking for one and cannot find a dealer to respond.
seekingpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:29 PM   #28
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingpeace View Post
What dealership did you end up using? We are currently looking for one and cannot find a dealer to respond.

I called relatively large dealers, including Colonial, Airstream of Virginia, DFW and a few others.

TV1: '22 Ram 2500 Laramie
TV2: '18 BMW X5 35d (awesome for single axle towing!)
Flat6Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel