Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #21
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
We have the Classic 25 with queen bed in back and couch in front, no table. Like others have stated, it is more of a personal thing as to what you want. We had looked at all the models and decided that one, it had to be a 25 in size and 2, it had to have the queen with no table. It is just the 2 of us and we really like this lay out. I mounted an LCD bracket on the wall by the ref. and another one on the wall by the closet. This way I only have the one tv that can be mounted either place and comes off for towing. You really need to just go look at them and decide for yourself what floats your boat

Bob
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2002 25' Safari
Tallahassee , Florida
RLS,
We have the same floor plan but in the Safari LS model. Like you, just the two of us and it works great for us. What process did you use when you mounted your two LCD brackets, did you have to remove the fridge? I've been thinking about doing the same thing and need some direction.
Charlie
PassinThru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #23
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassinThru View Post
RLS,
We have the same floor plan but in the Safari LS model. Like you, just the two of us and it works great for us. What process did you use when you mounted your two LCD brackets, did you have to remove the fridge? I've been thinking about doing the same thing and need some direction.
Charlie
I did not take the fridge out. I did make a plate that the TV bracket bolts to and then have the larger plate screw into the wall. This way I am spreading the load out more and also am able to use larger screws to go into the wall. This has worked for the past yr. with no problems. I would NOT do it this way if you intend to leave the TV mounted while traveling. That puts a heck of a lot more load onto it. The bracket in the bedroom is a self made one. The company that has the whole mounting arm with wall bracket would not just sell the wall bracket alone.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TvWallBracket.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	82815   Click image for larger version

Name:	BedTvWallBracket.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	82816  

Name:	BoltsInsideClosetForBracket.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	356.3 KB
ID:	82817  
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #24
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Tom, did you decide what to do?

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
kendal , cumbria, UK
Hope you dont mind us butting in.

We have the traditional layout, i.e. queen bed and front couch. This TV layout works for us.

John & Carole in the UK
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	82818   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	82819  

WK57ABF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Harbors , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Tom, did you decide what to do?

Gene
Hi Gene...After the good input from this thread I have decided to let it "rest" for awhile. I know that I like things "nice" and would have a problem with the damage...which would be expensive to repair with a trip to Jackson. I think the $26,500 plus repair costs would be more than I want to invest in a trailer and not sure it would be a "good as new" even after repaired.

My wife and I are leaving for a road trip to St John, New Brunswick on Sunday...after attending our 40 year old daughter's college graduation. She finally took it seriously and managed a 3.98 GPA while working fulltime and taking care of three boys as a divorced mom...we're pretty proud .

I appreaciated all the input on this thread. In addition to the comments about repairs, costs and value...I learned a lot about floorplans and different personal preferances...as well as good info on the 25' floorplan choices. Just might not "need" more than 25'...

I will likely revisit when we return.

I look forward to you next trip "blog"...your (and other) trip reports really keep my interest high ...Thanks...Tom R in Two Harbors

P.S. "Doug and Maggie" are passing through Two Harbors later in July and we hope to get a chance to meet and talk ASs when they are in our neighborhood...TMR
TomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #27
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Sounds like you're doing what's best for you. It sure is hard to want one and keep waiting for the right one to show up.

I hope you enjoy the reversing falls.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
We have this floorplan in ours and love it. My wife and I each have tables for our respective laptops. We both sit on the couch. There's plenty of storage under the Queen bed (aand it is accessible from the outside). We put a flatscreen TV on the credenza.

Complaints? My wife would appreciate a little more counter space. I would appreciate a little more storage space. But who wouldn't? Really, the design is a very "livable" floorplan that seems intuitive.

With regard to the side-mounted Queen, I see advantages and disadvantages. But recently my wife said that IF we were decking out a 30-footer to our wishes, she would prefer a side-mounted Queen. (I know Airstream doesn't build 'em this way...but maybe they should.) The reason is that the side-mounting buys you a couple extra feet of space lengthwise.

What works for some may not work for others, but this floorplan has been good to us.