Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-28-2019, 02:15 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepherdstown , West Virginia
There is a Singles Airstream Group thats within the WBCCI. They were just in Doswell for the yearly rally.

Heard a funny story about a Airstream owner unable to back up. She had a new Lincoln Navigator towing a 25' trailer and signed up for one of the Airstream Caravans. She was able to hook up and drive away but when they got to a new campground, she was unable to back up and always had the caravan folks do it for her. When the Wagonmaster got word of this, he made a point to meet her on the next stop.

She drove up next to him that afternoon and go out leaving the door open for him to drive. He told her to get back in and roll down all windows......he preceeded to walk around the unit as she back up coaching her into the site. That's all the lesson she needed....never ask for assistance again!!
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 07:36 PM   #42
1 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Hampstead , North Carolina
Things get easier and more enjoyable as you move forward. It took me a couple of years to slow down after retirement. This change has snuck in and changed my driving habits, I almost never exceed the speed limit and am quick to slow when conditions deteriorate. I am not a timid driver but pulling a 30’ trailer keeps me alert. I am a newby having my trailer for six months. I just returned from my 11th trip. My first two trips were not solo I brought my son along. The rest of my trips were my dog Ash and I. I’m not normally a fan of new gadgets on cars and I would not have selected the Ford trailer assist package. But, the backing assist and hitch camera are two of my favorite things about my tow vehicle, they help a lot. All of my camping has been in state and federal parks so far. Maneuvering in some has been tight. Again, not being in a hurry has helped me. I did ask for help once. Backing into a space becomes easier using the rear camera that came with the Airstream.

I have learned each trip and am gaining more confidence allowing me to enjoy myself more.
MarkBry is offline   Reply With Quote