Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Chula Vista , California
Thumbs up Bozeman International Questions?????

Wife and I are signed up for the Bozeman Rally, it'll be our first and we can't wait to get there! We've paid the fees, received the rally pass/receipt in the mail, down loaded all the info we can find (daily activity schedule, First Timer Hints, etc). After all of this we still only know we're going to Bozeman, Montana. We've been able to infer, after looking at everything, that it'll be held at a college but that's it.

I've mappped the route from San Diego to Bozeman, with a three day stop in Yellowstone at the Fisherman's Bridge Campground, and yet have no idea where to go once we get to Bozeman.

Is there more info to come in the mail? Have we missed something that was sent to us?

I'm sure that once we get close, we can just follow the silver parade through town. But it sure would be nice to have a little more info before we get that far.

Irish Rover 2
IrishRover2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishRover2
Wife and I are signed up for the Bozeman Rally, it'll be our first and we can't wait to get there! We've paid the fees, received the rally pass/receipt in the mail, down loaded all the info we can find (daily activity schedule, First Timer Hints, etc). After all of this we still only know we're going to Bozeman, Montana. We've been able to infer, after looking at everything, that it'll be held at a college but that's it.

I've mappped the route from San Diego to Bozeman, with a three day stop in Yellowstone at the Fisherman's Bridge Campground, and yet have no idea where to go once we get to Bozeman.

Is there more info to come in the mail? Have we missed something that was sent to us?

I'm sure that once we get close, we can just follow the silver parade through town. But it sure would be nice to have a little more info before we get that far.

Irish Rover 2
Irish,

I believe that you have all of the information which WBCCI is sending. There is a date on your registration packet, that is supposed to represent the earliest that you can park. You are invited to travel with us to Bozeman: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...nds-39746.html
You can make reservations at the KOA in Bozeman and visit with the VAC before the parade and come in before or after us or you can go directly to the University after leaving Yellowstone. Just make sure you arrive at the University before the parking closes or you will spend that night in the "bull pen" without any hookups.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Chula Vista , California
Hi Bill,
Thanks for the invite to travel up to Bozeman with you. We're going to visit relatives in the Denver area on the way to Yellowstone and Bozeman so we'll be leaving San Diego a few weeks before. I'll look for you and the other El Camino Real Unit members at the Rally.

Can't believe no more info about the rally location is in the offing. Oh well I'll just follow the "silver parade" to the University.

Irish
Old 02-19-2008, 03:33 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
I know my way around Bozeman reasonably well, since I go there almost weekly during the summer and fall.

The traffic in Bozeman can be congested during the summer, and I'd suggest that you might want to know the directions to your destination before getting close to town, or else you could end up in a frustrating traffic jam.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:50 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
There will be a map of the detail routes the club suggests within Bozeman in the Blue Berret most likely in April.May and June. There will also be smaller standard WBCCI signs posted within 10 miles of the parking indicating which turns you should take. There are specific days and times for open parking. There are also reserved times for the various caravans to arrive. For open parking you will be parked in the order you arrive. There is special parking for people with special needs and those with generators and or dogs. Once you park, you will be directed to get officially checked in at registration desk. Be aware that the parking ends at exactly 4:00 each day and the registration desk is only open at specific times. I would plan on arriving earlier in the day and getting to the registration desk early. Arriving a couple days early will allow you a less rushed experience. There is a seminar the first offical day for first timers to get you used to the routines of the club.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Chula Vista , California
Thanks for the information on the Bozeman Rally! Look forward to reading it when it comes out. From what I've read so far it certainly sounds like it will be fun.

Anyone going trout fishing during the Rally, if so where? I'm just learning to fly fish and can't wait to attempt to catch something up there?

Irish
Old 02-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
This has been an interesting thread. We be leaving our home in TX in late April enroute to Washington State. This is our first rally also. Maybe we can meet up with some AS's coming out of that area.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote