Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2004, 12:45 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Junction, Texas So Llano River SP April 16, 17, 18, 2004

We're going to make at least one more before it gets too hot -- Ya'all come on down now, ya' hear?

Llano (So. Llano River) just south of Junction, Texas, (on I-10, about 90 West of San Antonio), is almost empty the weekend after Easter.

This is a great place for tubing, deer, turkey, and general chillin'.

The roads and pads are asphalt, all the sites have electric and water, but I'm not sure of the sewerage situation, although I know there is a dump station in the park.

We plan to be there mid-afternoon on Friday, April 16, but may roll in a day earlier.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:08 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Pattison , Texas
South Llano State Park

Count Mike and I in. We may try to head up Thursday as well. It's our favorite park. They have no sewer connections but do have a dump station. The park really fills up fast, so make sure and book early.
MikenLora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:16 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
S. Llano River S.P.

We were just over there two weekends ago. Great weather, everything was nice and green as well.

'Tis tick season there however. I picked up several walking through ankle high grass and sitting under the cedar trees.

Chiggers'll get ya too - I'm scratching the battle wounds to prove it!

Definitely pack the repellents. Otherwise have a terrific time!

bake315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:13 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
The Hunt @ Junction

Hey out there, we'd like to announce for this campout that we plan on having an Easter Egg Hunt, for the Adults. Sorry kids.
The Hunt will be just before the potluck.
After dinner we'll open the eggs and see what happens.
We'll do this in lieu of our usual door prize giveaways.
Now about those eggs. We're asking for each unit to bring at least 2dozen plastic fill eggs, that YOU have filled.
What do you fill them with? Anything that can fit inside them of course. Keeping in mind they will be subject to nature for some time so if you fill them with candy be sure it is individually wrapped, Don't let those chocolates get covered in ants for example. But use your imagination, fill them with things related to Airstreams and camping and Easter and spring and did I mention chocolate, don't leave out chocolate.Toys,nice rocks,money?
Now for added fun we also want you to add some eggs that have hand written messages inside. Think fortune cookies, Or you can have some fun and make promises for the recipient to keep like, I promise to make breakfast tomorrow morning at camp. I promise to do the dishes for the rest of the campout, I promise to get firewood for tonight, I promise to dance a jig while the rest of you give me compliments on my Airstream!
You get the idea, just be careful cause you may be the one who ends up with that egg, Please use the usual basic plastic eggs please don't mark them, we'll figure a way to mix them up before hiding them. Also if the request is just plain crazy, we'll vote to see if you have to do it okay. No(public) nudity promises, that sort of thing , no making fools out of your friends, just playful happy things that you would like to receive.
But that's still NOT ALL! If anyone who wants to brings 2 or 3 little items we'll construct a large Easter Basket for our Grand Prize.
There will be one egg filled with golden confetti and a silver Airstream Chocolate Coin. Whoever finds it will win the fabulous Easter Basket.
Sound like fun? Did I leave anything out? Feed back welcome.
CatStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:06 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Pattison , Texas
The Hunt

Have found the perfect Easter basket for our post Easter egg treasure hunt grand prize. SHould be large enough for whatever goodies we all find to stuff in it. Looking forward to another grand time. Lora
MikenLora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:51 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

The park is about half past being full so if you're thinking and uncertain - make your reservation soon. This is a popular park in the fall and spring due to the wildlife and river. Last trip we made through this area, we couldn't get a site as we didn't know how many folks like this park and didn't plan ahead. Karen is still uncertain of her schedule but the calendar seems empty. Promise we'll hang around for over 8 hours this time if we make it. Now the problem - how to dye an Airstream to look like an Easter Egg.
Gerald Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:12 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
Just made reservations for Friday & Saturday night. My wife (Karen) will not be there but I've managed to talk my Dad (Rod) into coming.

Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:55 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Glad you can make it!

"Barkingspider Just made reservations for Friday & Saturday night. My wife (Karen) will not be there but I've managed to talk my Dad (Rod) into coming.

Joe "

It looks as if Jody and Terri will be driving an SOB MH over there from New Orleans to join us!

BTW, Barking Spider, you have a Personal Message in your inbox.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Old 04-11-2004, 11:12 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Saturday Dinner

The Saturday Dinner will be supplied (as long as you eat 'burgers).

Bring your own drinks.

The weather should be cool, hopefully the Easter rains will have everything in bloom, and the South Llano river should be great for canoeing.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Old 04-16-2004, 11:30 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

wish we were there

You guys have fun, we just closed on our new house, and for the next two weeks we're moving and redecorating. First priority of course, is getting the side drive and Airstream parking set. Wish we could join you this week, but I'm sure this summer we'll be ready to roll, maybe the Beach? Mike n' Becky
wildcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 05:32 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Not big, but everyone enoyed it

Weather was great, and the wildlife abundant.

87 MH

MikenLora

Barking Spider
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	87 MH.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	6045   Click image for larger version

Name:	MikenLora.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	6046  

Name:	Barking Spider.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	6047  

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Old 04-18-2004, 05:39 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
There were some serious Birders in the Group

Turkey Tom

Close Up

Turkey Hen

Cardinal and White Crested Sparrow
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tall Turkey.JPG
Views:	538
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	6048   Click image for larger version

Name:	Turkey Close Up.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	6049  

Name:	Female Turkey Full.JPG
Views:	402
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	6050   Click image for larger version

Name:	White Crested Sparrow and Card..JPG
Views:	240
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	6051  

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Old 04-19-2004, 12:41 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Sorry we couldn't make the trip. Tooo much to do on the coast right now. Cool bird pics. I had a reservation but had to cancel on Friday. Our next trip is the big one to Yellowstone so we'll catch up with ya'll much later on. (Assuming we can't get a group together at Fishing Bridge in May.)
Gerald Clay is offline   Reply With Quote