Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2004, 06:02 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Local connection!

So the beautiful state of Washington may be too far for us, urbanites from L.A. But we do have I have found a connection in this thread. The truck in the picture, is called Square Transportation and their yard is around the corner from my house in Whittier, Ca. The checkered flags are easily recognizable!
If you do plan to meet in Wa, post the dates and the girl and I
may find an illness to join you.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:10 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

where is the bluegrass festival? is it near "the gorge" in eastern washington? i was there for a ben harper/jack johnson concert last summer and it was gorgeous. i did not camp at the gorge, however, too many people.

cheryl
nevisstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:15 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
The Bluegrass festival is heald at the fairgrounds in Moses Lake Wa.
Kind of neat, there were a hundred or so trailers and motorhomes in the camp. You will have to be able to stand all of the music. There are jam sessions that go on all night, really nice.
We did not get to do much playing last year because we had to work the show. Did get a little pick'n in on Thursday night though.
You can find them on the web, search for Central Washington Bluegrass Festival. There is currently nothing up for this year yet, but past years info is interesting.

On the original note:
I am looking into campsites around East Lake in Oregon for the rally. Just east of LaPine, Or.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:23 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Just a little info on the truck. The paper said it was Deception pass.
That is a bridge between Whidby Island and Fidalgo Island. It is an exceptional place to visit. There is a park just below the bridge and it is fun to watch the water from the Puget Sound try to get through the cut at a tide change. Quite a show just a spectacular place.
I would put that on my list of shows to see, but try and plan it with a large tide change happening.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:12 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Janet's Husband
You will have to be able to stand all of the music. There are jam sessions that go on all night, really nice.
Sounds a lot like the Kerrville Folk Festival. I would hope anyone going to a music festival could "stand all of the music," but you can never tell. One morning at Kerrville a buddy and I walked past a camp where a wife was berating her husband because the people in the next camp were playing music all night (as if he could do anything about it). When she threatened to call security if the music went on the next night my buddy stopped and said:

"Hey lady. Did you see the sign on the entrance when you came in? This is a music festival. If you call security and tell them someone is playing music next door they'll bring their instruments and join in. Shut up and camp!"
Old 02-03-2004, 12:39 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
My wife Janet had applied to Kerrville, but wasn't accepted at that time, maybe the next CD will do the trick.
Then all we'll need is the time to do it.
I would Love to go to a music festival just to listen and play music.The sound company keeps us working a lot of weekends in the summer and fall.
Maybe next year.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:00 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

sounds good gary. let us know what you think. just unsure - was this in regards to the already planned central oregon rally or an entirely separate one (crater lake)?

about a year ago we camped in la pine at a state park and it was really nice. no airstream with us at that time, so i don't know what type of facilities they had.

and we love camping with music - no problems here!

cheryl
Old 02-26-2004, 11:35 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
1960 18' "Footer"
Belen , New Mexico
Is it still on?

Hey everyone!

I read this thread when it first started and thought the Crater Lake trip in June sounded like fun. We are planning to leave the Pacific Northwest in June to full-time and thought it would be a great "farewell" party
So... I thought I would resurrect this thread and see if there is still interest.
I'd be happy to help out with the planning, though I have to admit I've never been to a rally or even camped at a site with our new Airstream yet!

Maggie

PS. I'll be sure to order plenty of "Knock You Naked Margarita Mix" straight from Natchez, Mississippi to go with the Mexican Fiesta theme - The best margarita's ever!
M&J Siegford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:10 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member

hey guys! how y'all doing?

sorry i have not posted in a while, but i have been busy!!!!

what is going on?

anymore information?

we are staying here in portland and would like to start making plans for the june trip.

cheryl and rich
Old 03-09-2004, 03:31 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Greetings Cheryl,

The La Pine State Park does have full hook-ups. It is easy to get reservations and is never too crowded. This would be a nice spot for a forum rally. I am coming through Central Oregon in late June and would love to visit with some forum members.

I sent my check for the Newberry Crater Rally but never heard back so I don't if I will be there. June works better for me anyway. What do you say everybody? La Pine?

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:05 PM   #31

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I'm up for a get-together, but June is already looking pretty busy. I've got plans for the first week, and again for the 15-19th. However, if it's not on those exact dates, I'll be sure to join in with whatever you guys plan. I'm looking forward to meeting some other forum folks. Of course I'll be at Newberry Crater in August as well. Looks like it's going to be a fun summer already!

Personally, I vote for Crater Lake, just because I haven't been there in years, but I know it can get pretty crowded in the summer, so La Pine might be a better idea. I know there's a lot to see and do over there as well.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:57 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

we would have to do a long weekend over the summer since i am not eligible for a full vaca until the fall. long weekends are great though. friday, saturday, sunday

June: the 2nd weekend in june looks good for us. as does the last. the 1st and 3rd are out.

July: not the 4th; others would be ok.

August: not sure yet

I might not have time until this weekend to do research.

We would be up for either Crater Lake or LaPine. I have never been to Crater Lake so that would be cool for us. But the reservations might make the decision for us.

Let's all come up with a possible date and I will check into it.

cheryl
Old 03-10-2004, 03:08 PM   #33

1968 17' Caravel
That all sounds good to me. The second weekend in June would probably be the worst choice for us, but the last weekend (25-27) would be ok, and we're pretty free in July and August until the Newberry Crater Rally. Anyone else care to weigh in?

Old 03-10-2004, 06:01 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Hey this is fun! The last weekend in June would work great for me sine I'll be in Central Oregon anyway. Easy to change my plans from Bend to LaPine. Does Crater Lake have hookups? don't care about sewer or water but I love having electricity.

Steph, I was one who tried to PM you but couldn't because of your full box. Thanks for your PM about my check for Newberry and glad to hear other out of staters will be there too. I am looking forward to summer and meeting with you all!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:38 PM   #35
Van
4 Rivet Member

1977 23' Safari
Hillsboro , Oregon
I just heard about one.

It isnt one organized on this site though. My wife's folks have a AS, a Safari. They are members of an Airstream club, which they joined last year.

Apparently the club is one of the "stereotypical" ones, populated mainly by an older crowd. Older than my inlaws and i am mid 30s. Not that thats a bad thing mind you...

It isnt really a rally but a bring a friend kind of thing. Airstreamers are supposed to invite other RVing friends to the event and i guess hopefully enlightening them to the AS lifestyle.

It is being held at what seems to be a nice RV park located in McMinnville Oregon.

Olde Stone Village RV park

I dont have the date handy but can track it down if anyone is interested.
former '77 23' Safari owner
former 25' Fun Finder X-250BHS SOB owner
current 26' Komfort Trailblazer 262BSLE SOB owner
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:36 AM   #36
WKW
1 Rivet Member

Smile

Middle of August will be great for this "old Florida Boy", since I'll be on the Maple Leaf Caravan. It ends in Seattle, WA in the middle of August.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:16 AM   #37

1968 17' Caravel
Hi Van, what unit is your wife's family in? I haven't heard about the McMinnville Rally, but it sounds like fun. There's a great air museum there, and a nice McMinamins.

Our Oregon Unit will be hosting a rally at Newberry Crater August 13-16 near LaPine, and a special rally called a Silver Twinkie Get Together in the Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area August 27-29. We're still getting details on the Silver Twinkie thing, but it's going to be open to anyone who wants to come, WBCCI member or not. Same thing for Newberry, non-members are welcome to come and see what a rally's about.

Lots of stuff to do in the NW, that's for sure! But I'd love to see us get a forum rally together so we could meet the forum folks too

Old 03-25-2004, 08:18 PM   #38
Van
4 Rivet Member

1977 23' Safari
Hillsboro , Oregon
Here is the info you were curious about..

The link to the "buddy rally" is http://www.wbcci.org/EventPage.asp?Month=May&B1=GO%21. Scroll down to near the bottom of the page under "Oregon unit". Its being held by the Western Oregon Chapter of the Airstream Club. The dates are May 21-23.

What is the status of your Newberry Crater rally? All full up? A Gorge rally would be interesting as well.
former '77 23' Safari owner
former 25' Fun Finder X-250BHS SOB owner
current 26' Komfort Trailblazer 262BSLE SOB owner
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:03 PM   #39

1968 17' Caravel
Hi Van,

There's still two more spots available at the Newberry Rally. The unit president told me that people told him no one would come to the rally, because it's a real outdoorsy/camping rally - no hookups, but lots of hiking, fishing, boating, etc. I guess there are a few airstreamers around who want to do that sort of thing. There's info on the Rally Forum section, if you'd like to sign up and join us.

I was just at a joint luncheon with the Oregon and Western Oregon Units this weekend. Couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of folks, but they are getting 'up there' in age. We're in our 30s. I figure if we can encourage more younger folks to join us, we'll be able to influence them to plan more events to our liking. They're definitly open to change, so that's good, unlike some units I've heard about.

Old 04-05-2004, 02:30 PM   #40
1 Rivet Member

vancouver
We are new to the rally experiance and would love to participate. Our trailer has been in the polish shop for 9 months. We lost all last season so we are itching to try her out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-332S.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	5701  
mikenlyn is offline   Reply With Quote