Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2006, 10:48 AM   #41
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
How about a cheap shameless plug for which sites? That is a very generous offer. It is amazing to see how a community like this can do so much good for the organization as a whole without being asked. People stepping up to the plate to make WBCCI better without being asked.... That is how the positive changes in WBCCI will come about.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:11 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
Quote:
The software is expensive to buy and update. It also doesn't always work with other software that is used on different web sites. Most people don't realize the expense involved.
You can do things other ways! If you can learn to do word processing with style sheets, you can use the composer in the free Mozilla suite or even OpenOffice to create web pages that will do the job. A simple free open source FTP program is all you need to get them online.

If that doesn't ring your chimes, you can use what is called a CMS. Again, there are free and open source versions and these are often supplied with hosting plans.

And, as Andy R points out, hosting isn't an issue for the small sites.

What this tells me is that things like a web site are more a matter of people. Learning a bit, planning a bit, and keeping an eye on the goals and purpose of the effort.

This is why the WBCCI effort is so frustrating. It goes to the point that WBCCI caravans is a completely different site and not well linked or found from the WBCCI site. It goes to the complete blindness about file formats, document management, indexing, filing, completeness, and so on. This isn't rocket science. Its not even geek. Get a good secretary's handbook at the bookstore and put that as a basic competency requirement.

To me, the web site is an indicator of more fundamental problems. There
has to be incentive to find out about things, to look at what exists and for what could be improved. There is a tremendous attraction towards the surface artifacts (such as name) while the fundamentals below the surface are out of sight and out of mind.

Mike's numbers are another indicator.

The question is whether the organization as a whole will use them effectively to create change and progress.
bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:38 AM   #43
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
new website for montana unit maybe

This might be a dumb ? hope know one gets upset over it. I have decided to join the Montana WBCCI uint, I also asked about creating a webb site that a Friend of mine could do for them. so if a site is created and is sent to this site to be hosted and with there URL on the new created site, dose the new site need a webmaster to update it or dose the hoast do the up dates? Please tell me if I have that right thank you P.S. Just trying to help out..
Old 01-26-2006, 11:51 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
I seem to recall when Jack asked WBCCI for the survey results, or something along those lines in a .pdf format, they told him they would send him a CD for something like $20. I think his next comment was why not put it on the website, but don't quote me on that.

As of today, unless I missed it, the survey results are still not on the WBCCI website and I may be wrong, but I don't think many folks paid the $20 for the CD.

Are you serious??? WBCCI calls for a membership Survey - a dismal response of 13% of the members respond and then the IBT have the gaul to charge the members to get a report of their response.

This was their solution to the "42 page comment book" Wow

What is the latest budget for WBCCI Communications??? Business Office Surely the IBT could be making much better use of their Paid Staff.

I am sorry to be so negative - but every turn you take to find something to stand up for the Organization you belong to - the more you just want to close your eyes - and just go camping!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
... This is an online repository encyclopedia (glad I learned to spell encyclopedia from public TV as a kid, remember the song???). ...
Buttercup,

Actually, I learned from Jiminy Cricket on the Wonderful World of Disney, but them I am a lot older than you.

BTW, are you going to the International in Salem?

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:07 PM   #46
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Are you serious??? WBCCI calls for a membership Survey - a dismal response of 13% of the members respond and then the IBT have the gaul to charge the members to get a report of their response.
I'm sure Jack can respond to the actual events, but those are the events as I recall him either telling me or reading in another post. I'm sure they printed it somewhere too, but since I am no longer a member, I only get teaser Blue Berets every other year or so.

Any bets if WBCCI will beat last years departure rate of 591 members nationally?
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:13 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
Buttercup,

Actually, I learned from Jiminy Cricket on the Wonderful World of Disney, but them I am a lot older than you.

BTW, are you going to the International in Salem?

Bill
That's right! I couldn't remember for sure. All I know now is that I can't get the damn song out of my head!

Yes, we are planning on going to the international - as delegates of our unit.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 01-26-2006, 12:21 PM   #48
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Sorry it was $6, not $20. Post #271 followed by total silence about it from WBCCI in the rest of the posts as you will read........

http://www.airforums.com/forum...ci+survey+.pdf
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:46 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
That's right! I couldn't remember for sure. All I know now is that I can't get the damn song out of my head!

Yes, we are planning on going to the international - as delegates of our unit.
Buttercup,

I know about that song, it comes back in my head every once in a while.

Lets get together in Salem, I will be easy to find, should be the only Lincoln there. We plan on parading in with the Vintage on Tuesday.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:56 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
WBCCI Survey Responses

Just got off the phone with WBCCI HQ. I requested a copy of the survey results on the name change. Jody who answered the phone stated that if they had a copy of that, they would send it to me, otherwise they would call back to tell me they didn't have that. I did explain that I heard that there was a CD of the responses that could be ordered.

Update: Jody called back and said that she was putting it in the mail - paper form - today.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:16 PM   #51
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
next years departure rate

Quote:
I'm sure Jack can respond to the actual events, but those are the events as I recall him either telling me or reading in another post. I'm sure they printed it somewhere too, but since I am no longer a member, I only get teaser Blue Berets every other year or so.

Any bets if WBCCI will beat last years departure rate of 591 members nationally?
I guess before this can be done,I will need confirmation on last years number (-591).Remember,there were several members who paid their dues on time who were not included in the directory last year.How many,who knows? I am in the process now of attempting to get an official membership total from WBCCI for last year.To be honest,I will be pleasantly surprised if I do.I hope to.

Also,in my opinion,next years number will depend on any changes or improvements WBCCI has on the table.Of course,if they stay with the status quo I will expect a continuation of the trend.In this case,the trend is not my friend(for any stock market folks out there).

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #52

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Just got off the phone with WBCCI HQ. I requested a copy of the survey results on the name change. Jody who answered the phone stated that if they had a copy of that, they would send it to me, otherwise they would call back to tell me they didn't have that. I did explain that I heard that there was a CD of the responses that could be ordered.

Update: Jody called back and said that she was putting it in the mail - paper form - today.
If you want I could scan it for you and probably get it into a PDF format. I'd be glad to place it on our unit's website where you all could see it.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:

Thanks for the info on the Survey - Maybe they thought as only 13% of the members responded, if they charged for the responses they hoped the survey would just go away

Or was it the wolf in the sheeps skin carrying the seed that grew into the name change process from hell.....

Maybe it should be kept secret - or stamped DO OVER - and wait until at least a minimum of 20% of the members respond. That would actually justify action by the IBT on any recommendations.

I think the last thread went quiet because the New Englands new site and Rally was just soooo cool that again WBCCI efforts were upstaged - quite easily I'm afraid.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I'd like to see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
If you want I could scan it for you and probably get it into a PDF format. I'd be glad to place it on our unit's website where you all could see it.

Jack
That would be great Jack. I'm sure a lot of people would like to view it. Also I seem to recall there was a recap or analysis after the survey in the Blue Beret. Was there? And which issue was that? If there was one could that also be uploaded with the survey results?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:54 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
That would be great Jack. I'm sure a lot of people would like to view it. Also I seem to recall there was a recap or analysis after the survey in the Blue Beret. Was there? And which issue was that? If there was one could that also be uploaded with the survey results?

that would be the August 2004 Issue with the lovely portrait of Jim and Janie Haddaway - celebrating 50 years of WBCCI

Pages 11 - 14
Old 01-26-2006, 06:05 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks!

Quote:
that would be the August 2004 Issue with the lovely portrait of Jim and Janie Haddaway - celebrating 50 years of WBCCI

Pages 11 - 14
You were right quick with that! It looks like my BB starts September 04 And yet I thought I had seen it. The AS dealer signed me up and that would not have been before some time in July 04.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:36 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera

Jack
Thanks Jack. We have the scanning and PDF'n covered but posting on the web is perfect. In fact it should be made available for everyone to see if we can so as soon as I get something and scan it in I'll PM you.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:42 AM   #58

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Thanks Jack. We have the scanning and PDF'n covered but posting on the web is perfect. In fact it should be made available for everyone to see if we can so as soon as I get something and scan it in I'll PM you.
Great, and if you can do the same with the BB article I'll put that up also.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #59
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
You were right quick with that! It looks like my BB starts September 04 And yet I thought I had seen it. The AS dealer signed me up and that would not have been before some time in July 04.
Quick - no - it is because I am eating, sleeping and drinking the faite of this Club I joined at the moment.

It is just hard to understand how this whole issue has gotten so far from it's original intent - I keep thinking I am in the middle of a Nighmare

Where is the passion from the higher ups here - have they been lulled into submission afraid to stand up for what they believe.

If only there were some reasonable rationale for this name change process being communicated it would be an easier pill to at least sample. But all I keep reading is the case for a NO vote - so if it is so important to change this great club name and its history -

I challenge them to come forth with justification.

Maybe it is time for the other side of the debate to start a THREAD.

For the NO voters - behave (including me) let them speak and make their case - hold your comments and rebuttle until they are done.

So lets hear it all you PRO AOAII - explain WHY and HOW we will benefit from this change.......
Old 01-27-2006, 09:12 AM   #60
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Official number

Quote:
Quick - no - it is because I am eating, sleeping and drinking the faite of this Club I joined at the moment.

It is just hard to understand how this whole issue has gotten so far from it's original intent - I keep thinking I am in the middle of a Nighmare

Where is the passion from the higher ups here - have they been lulled into submission afraid to stand up for what they believe.

If only there were some reasonable rationale for this name change process being communicated it would be an easier pill to at least sample. But all I keep reading is the case for a NO vote - so if it is so important to change this great club name and its history -

I challenge them to come forth with justification.

Maybe it is time for the other side of the debate to start a THREAD.

For the NO voters - behave (including me) let them speak and make their case - hold your comments and rebuttle until they are done.

So lets hear it all you PRO AOAII - explain WHY and HOW we will benefit from this change.......

You're not the only one that is eating,sleeping and drinking the faite of the club and I commend you for it.

I've received a next day response from WBCCI home office regarding the membership number.I got a quote of approx. 7200 members.I am assuming the difference between their number and mine can be attributed by Directory omissions and new member sign-ups.I am still awaiting from another WBCCI source her number.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote