Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #861
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutboy View Post
I have one of those sensorpush sensors, the wireless one and it is awesome. I am thinking of getting another one and mount outside so we have constant temp reading in fridge and outside. It keeps history as well.
Ended up ordering it today... the one I got would jump to higher temp as soon as I opened the door... making the highest reached temp useless...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2683.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	313444  
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #862
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
You will like it. Also read the instructions and do a calibration. Mine was off a few degrees.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:47 AM   #863

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutboy View Post
You will like it. Also read the instructions and do a calibration. Mine was off a few degrees.
Thank you for that. Will calibrate before using.

On other news... no more working inside the AI without the A/C on!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	57EA4BBE-E51A-4FD5-A06C-3FBF0429DC82.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	313519  
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-09-2018, 04:29 PM   #864

Orlando , Florida
Still working in the AI... Toilet never arrived on Friday ... UPS rescheduled delivery for Monday.

Made an extension in case I ever need it...

Did the install of the USB ports... bought a 1-1/8" step drill bit. Easy mod, just takes time to remove the dash trim. But not difficult at all.

Also did the switch to the yellow wire from the Fusion unit. I actually used that wire to also power the USB ports.

Ran the negative directly to the chassis battery since it was close by...

One switch for the Fusion and one switch for the USB ports.

Now to clean all the sweat from the dash... I can see it in the photos... goodness..

Moving on to under the AI to remove the muffler from the generator and straighten that out. Back in a few.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2688.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	313547   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2724.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	313548  

Name:	IMG_2698.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	313549   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2702.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	313550  

Name:	IMG_2715.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	313551   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2721.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	313552  

Name:	IMG_2714.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	313553   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2716.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	313554  

Name:	IMG_2713.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	313555   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2720.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	313556  

WBCCI #26769
Old 06-09-2018, 06:29 PM   #865

Orlando , Florida
Turns out, muffler relocation for the generator did not required to flair the end I cut... I just cut off the curve, made a cut on it for the clamp to be able to do its thing and done...

Reused the self-tap screws.

The holes from the stock location I painted, filled with epoxy putty, and then covered with 3M undercoating... used some paint and undercoating on the new location for the bracket as well..

Now to find that nice looking chromed tail pipe end to cover the tip...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2725.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	414.6 KB
ID:	313578   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2726.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	410.9 KB
ID:	313582  

Name:	IMG_2728.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	365.3 KB
ID:	313583   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2729.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	313584  

Name:	IMG_2730.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	313585  
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-10-2018, 05:32 AM   #866
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
I could not find a chrome tip that fit, so I made one from a chrome piece of bathroom sink drain. It is about 1/4" large diameter than the OD of the exhaust pipe. So I had a weld shop put little weld blobs equally spaced around the OD of the exhaust pipe - one set of three blobs at the very end of the pipe and one set of blobs about 6" inward where the final exhaust hanger is. I then filed these three weld blobs as needed so that the chrome piece was a tight slip-fit over them. The hanger clamps the chrome piece to the exhaust pipe at the inner three blobs and the end three blobs keep it centered at the outlet.

I figured that if this jury-rigged arrangement did not work I was only out the cost of a drain pipe and the six weld blobs. But it has been two years and it still looks good. I'd post a picture here if I knew how to do so. PM me with your e-mail address and I can send you one a picture.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:45 AM   #867

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
I could not find a chrome tip that fit, so I made one from a chrome piece of bathroom sink drain. It is about 1/4" large diameter than the OD of the exhaust pipe. So I had a weld shop put little weld blobs equally spaced around the OD of the exhaust pipe - one set of three blobs at the very end of the pipe and one set of blobs about 6" inward where the final exhaust hanger is. I then filed these three weld blobs as needed so that the chrome piece was a tight slip-fit over them. The hanger clamps the chrome piece to the exhaust pipe at the inner three blobs and the end three blobs keep it centered at the outlet.

I figured that if this jury-rigged arrangement did not work I was only out the cost of a drain pipe and the six weld blobs. But it has been two years and it still looks good. I'd post a picture here if I knew how to do so. PM me with your e-mail address and I can send you one a picture.
PM sent.

Also, found this in Amazon, just need to measure diameter... based on the length, it might replace the hole tip up to the muffler...

Gibson 500415 Polished Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LG3DBG..._3KshBbG4NG6RY
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-10-2018, 04:40 PM   #868

Orlando , Florida
Cool

Minor stuff... since the old solar control panel is off... removed the cover and replaced it with a black one...

Also, since lifting the hood to connect the air line to the compressor was becoming a pita, I ran a hose with a quick connect to the front bottom driver side. I still need to make a bracket, but the hard part of getting it there is done. I will cover it with a rubber cap to avoid road dirt from getting inside of it.

Also replaced the rubber strips that I had placed on the teak shower mat with the leftover Rubber Cue Bumpers I had... much better now as the strips were coming apart...

Now on to Lowes before the close, to get that chrome pipe...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2738.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	313661   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2740.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	313662  

WBCCI #26769
Old 06-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #869
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Plano , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Minor stuff... since the old solar control panel is off... removed the cover and replaced it with a black one...

Also, since lifting the hood to connect the air line to the compressor was becoming a pita, I ran a hose with a quick connect to the front bottom driver side. I still need to make a bracket, but the hard part of getting it there is done. I will cover it with a rubber cap to avoid road dirt from getting inside of it.

Also replaced the rubber strips that I had placed on the teak shower mat with the leftover Rubber Cue Bumpers I had... much better now as the strips were coming apart...

Now on to Lowes before the close, to get that chrome pipe...

Did you use the screws with the cue bumpers or get something a little more substantial?
Tobbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:28 PM   #870

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbun View Post
Did you use the screws with the cue bumpers or get something a little more substantial?
Screws with cue bumpers. Worked perfectly!
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-10-2018, 05:32 PM   #871

Orlando , Florida
New generator exhaust tip! Still need to install...so it will go in a few inches more. And only $4.00!! Thank you Titus!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B578D6C8-A847-4E2E-BDBE-4023FB73A659.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	313669   Click image for larger version

Name:	949932BE-6967-4D19-BE9C-15A83DE810C3.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	313670  

WBCCI #26769
Old 06-11-2018, 03:40 AM   #872
3 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Auburn , Georgia
I hope those screws are SS or brass so you don't get rust stains on the fiberglass floor.
GETRIDAONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:10 AM   #873

Orlando , Florida
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETRIDAONE View Post
I hope those screws are SS or brass so you don't get rust stains on the fiberglass floor.
Good point... I missed Tobbun's underlying message... I will replace them with stainless steel screws today before I forget...
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #874

Orlando , Florida
Elongated toilet installed!! Bolt on affair...

WBCCI #26769
Old 06-12-2018, 09:30 PM   #875

Orlando , Florida
Nothing to see… just stuff I have pending to do(but the list is getting shorter!! ) :
  • License plate relocation kit – for when using the carrier with the scooter. Need to figure out something that I can easily move back and forth and with a light to illuminate tag...
  • Cargo tray for Vespa. Want to replace the rods, which are made to be adjusted, for thick flat aluminum pieces. This is easy; I just need to buy the aluminum pieces and secured them in place with pop-rivets.
  • Switch for propane valve. Got the switch, just need to remember where the heck I put it...
  • Redo the cover of the foldable bed. I need to round the corners that I forgot to do and are damaging the vinyl. Will recover each piece of wood panel separately in a different material (cloth and beige color). Got everything that I need for this task.
  • Screen room – this will move higher in priority as the days get warmer and insects are out… we had a great first few months of ownership without bugs… that is about to change… The feedback on the initial one I was looking at were pretty bad… need to look for a better alternative without being stupid expensive…
  • Buy and install a drain valve for the fresh water tank (suggestion from Protagonist) to replace the plug currently there.
  • Install the ShowerMi$er. Parts sitting in the garage… need to see when I tackle this one…
  • Rear shelve with matching TB laminate – link to what John did... - I will have to order the matching laminate. Also not high on the priority list but something I would like to make/add.
  • Self-leveling system ... due to cost, this will take a while, but keeping it on the list. There are less costly alternatives like Bullseye system that I could install myself (if they can get their s* together and have all the parts available for shipping)
  • Prime Design - Rear Door Access Ladder . Don’t care that the wife does not like the looks of it… I want the rear (door-mounted) ladder… She is not the one having to clean the solar panels and having to drag the ladder out every time I clean them…
  • Quiet A/C from Advanced RV
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-13-2018, 11:04 AM   #876
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Port Angeles , Washington
I didn’t re-locate the rear plate on my 2006 for the 11,000 mile trip we just did.
Nobody hassled me at all. And the ‘pay by plate’ tolls have been coming through.

I was planning on making something to mount it on the bike carrier- but never got around to it.
Perhaps just got lucky, but lots of times had cops behind me and nobody pulled me over. (I do have taillamp/turnsigs/stoplamp on the rack though, since the bike partially covers the stock lamps. Plus they are a LOT brighter than the stock ones)

Just a comment from the peanut gallery.

BTW, I moved the bike forward 8” or so to center it since this picture- it was so short I had to move the bolts it sits between, significantly shorter than even my trials bikes
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5C6C7775-F06C-4204-A194-FBCBAB1A3D43.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	542.1 KB
ID:	313915  
Lotus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:30 AM   #877

Orlando , Florida
Thumbs up

I like that idea of brake lights on the carrier!! Did not think of that... will copy your idea.

I will still build a tag holder with a light... do not want to push my luck.

I will probably not over complicate things and just have a holder for it with a light and nothing will be quick disconnect... a good battery/electric screwdriver will make it easy to swap the tag from the AI to the carrier.
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #878
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
I am nearly done with the Wachuko's approach to raising the LPG box. Thanks Wachuko! It was as easy as he said - taking about 2 hours so far and all that is left is to get a hinge for the piece of body trim panel that I cut out. Mine actually went easier than Wachuko's. On mine I was able to cut 2" out of the middle of the steel plate. The bolt holes are 1/2" in from the cut edges, thus raising it by 3". I did not have to use a spacer to get the repositioned LPG box to clear the body panel nor to get the remote port fitting to clear the body. The bottom of the LPG box is now just above the lip on the bottom of the trim panel. I drilled my holes 1/2" below the bottom cut, then made the bottom cut, then made the top cut. I then used C-clamps to clamp the bottom piece in-board of the top piece. I then drilled outwards from underneath the van - using the holes in the lower inside piece as the pilot for drilling holes in the outer upper piece. In raising the LPG box by 3" I have actually only raised ground clearance by 1"; the new low spot is the generator exhaust pipe. But every bit helps. And the right side is more vulnerable due to cutting a right-hand turn too sharp and going up over the curb. When dropping off a too-high curb you would smash the LPG box. Plus I can watch the generator exhaust pipe on the left from the drivers seat; not-so with the LPG box on the right. I think I will just use touch-up paint on the trip pieces. I think any kind of edging piece will make the joint more visible.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #879

Orlando , Florida
Titus, you saw the post on the generator exhaust. All you need to do is cut just before the curve and reinstall... straight to the side and you get that out of the way as well. Easy peasy.

Great to read that you were able to do this mod. A little bit more peace of mind when driving.

On the edge trim... since I already left the gap for using it, it needs to stay. Once that hinge is in place, you are committed to whatever setup you decided on (trim/no-trim)
WBCCI #26769
Old 06-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #880

Orlando , Florida
Just random photos...

Correct size fridge rods in place...

The thermometer that was inside the fridge is now outside... and the SensorPush is now inside the fridge. That thing is great... I have daily charts of how the fridge is behaving... now I need a point of reference to see if it is working fine or if additional changes need to be made...

With temps during the day of 105 degress inside the AI (and I forgot to leave a window slightly open to circulate air with the fan)... the fridge highest temp reached was 48.5 F and lowest temperature during the previous night was 38.2 F... Those with similar units, what are you seeing?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2763.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	314036   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2761.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	314037  

Name:	IMG_2765.jpg