Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2019, 11:23 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB International
Wilmot , New Hampshire
Happy with 2019 Interstate dry camping??

Hi, Ive been reading such horrid reviews about the rapid drainage of the Interstate batteries while boon docking. Anyone with a 2019 Interstate with 3 solar panels and 4 AGM batteries happy while dry camping ????
jagzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:36 PM   #2

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Prosper , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzoo View Post
Hi, Ive been reading such horrid reviews about the rapid drainage of the Interstate batteries while boon docking. Anyone with a 2019 Interstate with 3 solar panels and 4 AGM batteries happy while dry camping ????
That setup should get you 1 to 1.5 days of dry camping depending on use. That is good for a lot of people...not for others. Depends on what you use your AI for.
Rover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:26 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Spokane , Washington
First time extended in a 19

I am in Bodega Bay CA right now, and have been boondocking here for 4 days. Ran the compressor fridge and set the Truma heater at 70 degrees every night. No problems. Pulled the fuse on the Fusion, as I have not done the permanent switch to turn it completely off. I have a new Deltron solar controller here in a box, but don't feel good about field installing it. Anyway, we have showered every day with hot water, used the genset to use the microwave and hair dryer. Batteries have not drained below 65 percent at night. With just the two of us and quick rinse off, soap, rinse, we did three days or six showers on less than 20 gallons of water. I wish Airstream would just install a Fusion kill switch, or ay least make it a menu item within the CMAX. Oh, and I disconnected the sub woofer, it stays lit 24/7 if you dont.
So 4 days of Boondocking without issue. Oh, and the propane went from 78 percent to 49 percent after 4.5 hours of generator use. Love the Truma. Love the 19.

After YEARS of Fusion power drain issues, why doesn't AS address the issue!!
1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:28 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Plano , Texas
Hmmm. Good info on that sub. I never have the Fusion on the back speakers. Kids have tv/phones on back there so I just use front speakers while driving. I only have 100watt solar and 2 AGM batteries. I struggle to keep the fridge going.
Tobbun is offline   Reply With Quote