Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-23-2007, 05:17 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Cumberland , RI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS
Todd Heisler The Rocky Mountain News

When 2nd Lt. James Cathey's body arrived at the Reno Airport , Marines climbed into the cargo hold of the plane and draped the flag over his casket as passengers watched the family gather on the tarmac.

During the arrival of another Marine's casket last year at DenverInternational Airport , Major Steve Beck described the scene as so powerful: 'See the people in the windows? They sat right there in the plane, watching those Marines. You gotta wonder what's going through their minds, knowing that they're on the plane that brought him home,' he said 'They will remember being on that plane for the rest of their lives. They're going to remember bringing that Marine home. And they should.'

God bless all in harms way.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Wow, reality has a way of creeping back in. God bless our brave troops and their families, Merry Christmas......
WBCCI #1199 - AIR #23847
NEU
LIFE IS GOOD
RIstream'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #22
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Peace, health and prosperity

MERRY CHRISTMAS
and a
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ASCToriginalJPG.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	51368  
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:54 AM   #23
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
"Thats Right, I said it, Merry Christmas!"
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #24
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS
Todd Heisler The Rocky Mountain News

When 2nd Lt. James Cathey's body arrived at the Reno Airport , Marines climbed into the cargo hold of the plane and draped the flag over his casket as passengers watched the family gather on the tarmac.

During the arrival of another Marine's casket last year at DenverInternational Airport , Major Steve Beck described the scene as so powerful: 'See the people in the windows? They sat right there in the plane, watching those Marines. You gotta wonder what's going through their minds, knowing that they're on the plane that brought him home,' he said 'They will remember being on that plane for the rest of their lives. They're going to remember bringing that Marine home. And they should.'

God bless all in harms way.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
When my father came home from Vietman in 1969 I saw that exact same scene. The only difference was there were 5 coffins and it was at the Buffalo Airport. History does repeat itself....
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:41 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander
When my father came home from Vietman in 1969 I saw that exact same scene. The only difference was there were 5 coffins and it was at the Buffalo Airport. History does repeat itself....
Come on it's Christmas, let's leave political ideology out of it. Merry Christmas to all.

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Heinlein
mrmossyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:46 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1964 28' Ambassador
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
In the winter of 1964 my Dad and I spent some voluntary time working the Christmas tree lot to benefit the local Optimist’s Club. Being the ripe age of 12 at the time, I figured that the people who bought my uniform to play football should at least have a portion of my time to sell trees in order to keep next year’s group of midget leaguers clad in battle armor.

December in Oklahoma can be a rigid performance of cold and wind, whereby you become acutely aware of the exact location of the limits of your underwear. Dad and I worked the night shift, walking around with potential tree purchasers, and trying to get them to upgrade to the “special” seven footer flocked in pink. To this day, I can’t understand that flocking thing. A mysterious concoction of foam and dye sprayed on a tree prior to tying on the top of a car to haul home… billowing same into the windshields of following travelers. We sold every kind of tree that could be described as a Christmas tree; Douglas Fir, Scotch Pine, Northern Birch, Aspen, Oak, and Hickory…ok, a couple of those don’t count.

I learned a lot on that Christmas tree lot about the nature of people and the simple pleasure of being out of a cold and nasty prairie clime. I gave away a few 3 footers to some who, I figured, couldn’t spring for a statement of their inherent holiday spirit (aided and abetted by a fairly lax inventory control system). The rich ones always got the “flockenspeil”. For a price, we’d mount that thing on a little wooden cross-like stand with a 16d spike so it would last until after your celebration of the birth of Christ comes to its conclusion. I digress.

On the lot sat a little trailer where we took refuge from the cold winter winds. Like all the comforts from home, it had light, heat, and cocoa. I don’t know what brand the little thing was (and didn’t much care). It offered the welcome warmth needed within a 10’ x 6’ space where fellow tree-hucksters would retreat. It had the smell of spent propane, the sturdiness of Jello on a plate carried by your doddering Auntie, a door and one window. A campsite amongst the pines!

“Somebody’s coming to buy a tree? You take it…No! You take it! I’m not leaving this trailer to go wandering that lot fluffing out every darned tree they want to consider buying!” Such were the discussions within the little aluminum capsule we called home-for-a-while. Oh, what is it? Forty three years later? I still remember nights standing out at the street, discussing the price-per-foot on a frozen, crunchy lot and looking back at that little trailer with its lights glowing in the darkness, beckoning me to finish the deal, load the tree, and get back inside. Whether used as an office, a second home, a guest house, or a storage unit, our trailers offer a welcome respite from the elements…but you know that.

Special Christmas wishes for all (and don’t buy that flocking job, ‘cause it just flakes off and makes the dog growl at the cat).
Ambie '64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Well then this song goes right out to you Ambie. Hope you enjoy it.

MySpace.com - Timothy Monger - ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN - Pop / Rock / Acoustic - www.myspace.com/timothymonger

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #28
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:37 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Ho-Ho-Ho

The BEST to each of our Airstream Friends!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Card_1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	51412  
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:41 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
http://www.justicefornone.com/images/merryxmas.swf

Just in case you didn't catch this in the other Holiday's thread........Not to be missed!

This would make even the Grinch feel all warm and fuzzy inside..
NEU
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:54 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Wishing you peace, joy and love.

Name:	rockwelldountoothers.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	51442

music download to accompany picture here

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Peace to All, and Merry Happy Trails,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:18 PM   #33
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Our thanks and best Christmas wishes to all our forums friends that have helped us over the course of the last year. We wouldn't have made it without y'all's help and support.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2008 22' Safari
Milledgeville , Georgia
All Blessings and Merry Christmas to my fellow Airstreamers
chhmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #35
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year! Its hard to believe that another year has almost ended. I have met some wonderful people on this site. I want to thank you all for the support of my business adventure and for all the help with the Airstream, we couldnt have done it without you!
John and Tammy
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote