Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2005, 09:30 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Cheap in Upper West

saw this on RVTRADER seems mighty low priced. Must be a gas crunch special! Wish it was closer to Georgia.

http://www.rvtrader.com/rvdetail179168.htm
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:53 AM   #2
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Sure is nice. Only 39,000 miles. It would have to be in Washington!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Well Brett went out there for his, so ignoring the problems on his ride home...it can be done...but I am not doin' it. Not especially at 3.10 a gallon.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 10-05-2005, 06:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
With gas prices bound to continue their climb this is likely just the beginning of the sell off of RV's by those who will not use them because of the new operating expence. Buyer's market!! Good for buyers...not so good for sellers. Still wish mine had the turbo diesel but I'm happy as a clam with the new unit. Sure is a pleasure to work from.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:08 PM   #5
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
In time peoples' attitude will stabilize and those who want one will buy one regardless of gas/diesel prices. Look what happened in the '70's when gas went from .69/gallon to $1.09 per gallon. That didn't mean the death nell for the RV industry then and current price increases won't mean one for it now. It may mean a recession for the RV industry, but that too will pass. If compared to the rate of inflation in any other commodity, #3.10 per gallon is still a relative bargain compared to the price of gasoline in the '70's. In the interim, some lucky folks will reap the benefits of great prices on new and especially used RV's.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:47 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
It is also predicted that the prices will stabilize, then come back down. Maybe not to where they were last year, but even 2.00 would be liveable for many of us. It is a buyers market now, so a good time to grab that RV you have been waiting to get. I have seen some great delas on SOB's as well as Airstream motorhomes.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 10-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #7
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
It is also predicted that the prices will stabilize, then come back down. Maybe not to where they were last year, but even 2.00 would be liveable for many of us. It is a buyers market now, so a good time to grab that RV you have been waiting to get. I have seen some great delas on SOB's as well as Airstream motorhomes.
Exactly, one of my employees moved from Pueto Rico in 1999, he was reminiscing the other day that gas in Atlanta when he moved here was $.89/gallon then. Not far from the pre-fuel crisis price of the 1970's.

As you said, I doubt we will ever see that kind of price again, but I do believe we will probably see, say, $2.399 again. It's just a matter of looking at it as part of the cost of living for our daily work commutes. In time that will be viewed as normal and RV's sales and full sized SUV sales will return to what they were a year ago. Motorhomes and tow vehicles have to be viewed as luxury items. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford them, but for those who can, it just means a little more expense for those luxuries.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote